Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 925
  1. #576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny4 View Post
    Looks better than the Lean Cuisine I had for lunch....
    If you ever get out to NJ or PA, feel free to drop by for dinner or lunch.
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  2. #577
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Broke the 275 goal. Lost 3.2 pounds tonight which is 60.6 pounds down with WW and 30 pounds before I joined WW for a total of 90.6 pounds lost.

    I feel great. I love knowing that my clothes do not really fit anymore and I love the fact that my body craves exercise and enjoy the new look and relationship with food.

    Though not every thing is roses and many things to work on. Still adjusting to the new look on food and my feet have been killing me from the walking, hiking and at work but going to the foot docs next weekend.

    It's awesome to break a goal.

    Next goal: 250 pounds.


    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  3. #578
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!!! Such an amazing feeling isn't it?

    My w/in was another 0 this week. I'm ok with it. I'm feeling pretty good, and bought some smaller sized clothes last week which is exciting. I'm not giving up which is what usually happens. Just moving on to the next meal!

  4. #579
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny4 View Post
    Congratulations!!! Such an amazing feeling isn't it?

    My w/in was another 0 this week. I'm ok with it. I'm feeling pretty good, and bought some smaller sized clothes last week which is exciting. I'm not giving up which is what usually happens. Just moving on to the next meal!
    No giving up my friend. We will not let you!!!!!
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  5. #580
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
    No giving up my friend. We will not let you!!!!!
    Not gonna happen!

  6. #581
    Cactus Hobbit GeoBigJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc, Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined up today for the online version. I am looking forward to trying it out. I think this is the first official diet program I am going to try. I enjoyed looking through the thread and seeing encouraging remarks on the program.

  7. #582
    Super Moderator tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,189
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoBigJon View Post
    I joined up today for the online version. I am looking forward to trying it out. I think this is the first official diet program I am going to try. I enjoyed looking through the thread and seeing encouraging remarks on the program.
    Great decision! The major positive about WW is that if you follow the directions to the letter, it works. It's a great program.
    Forum Guidelines
    ****************************************

  8. #583
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoBigJon View Post
    I joined up today for the online version. I am looking forward to trying it out. I think this is the first official diet program I am going to try. I enjoyed looking through the thread and seeing encouraging remarks on the program.
    First rule of thumb...... Congratulations! If you need ANYTHING at all, please reach out! Anything!

    Second: Not a diet. Its really a change of life.

    Third: If you would like some books to read, let me know.
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  9. #584
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tractorlegs View Post
    Great decision! The major positive about WW is that if you follow the directions to the letter, it works. It's a great program.
    How you been doing trac?
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  10. #585
    Cactus Hobbit GeoBigJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc, Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the encouraging words, I am starting tomorrow with tracking and my first weigh in at home. There is a local group meeting on Tuesdays so I might be able to make them too. Looks like a steady and slow but rewarding process, I am ready for the change to say the least.

  11. #586
    Cactus Hobbit GeoBigJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc, Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official weigh in this morning at 297. I started tracking my points, and I burned 12 on breakfast, I am alloted 61 for daily and 49 for a weekly. My wife and I start our workout regiem today too. I think it was said, "onward and downward" we go!

  12. #587
    Cat 5 field stuffer bbeasley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hammond, La
    My Bikes
    Wabi Lightning RE, Wabi Classic
    Posts
    1,380
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GeoBigJon,

    Welcome to our online meeting! These folks have great advice and motivation.

  13. #588
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoBigJon View Post
    Thanks for the encouraging words, I am starting tomorrow with tracking and my first weigh in at home. There is a local group meeting on Tuesdays so I might be able to make them too. Looks like a steady and slow but rewarding process, I am ready for the change to say the least.
    Its all about the journey... for sure!!!!

    WW classes are great. Love mine and look forward to it every week.
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  14. #589
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoBigJon View Post
    Official weigh in this morning at 297. I started tracking my points, and I burned 12 on breakfast, I am alloted 61 for daily and 49 for a weekly. My wife and I start our workout regiem today too. I think it was said, "onward and downward" we go!
    Keep us posted. We all use each other to keep ourselved on track. Remember, WW's allows you to eatanything you want. They just cost points. Want a donut? No problem.... it will cost you 9 pts. When you start learning what you can have for what points, you start to see you can have much more food for those points if they are mindful. Can you have the donut? Sure. Buts its neat to see all of the other food you can have for those same 9 points.
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  15. #590
    Super Moderator tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,189
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
    How you been doing trac?
    Pritty good Chef! less than 24 pounds to go til I hit goal weight. It's hard to believe that I posted the OP for this thread 14 months ago lol . . . . Here's before and "almost" after pics:
    Before.jpgAlmost After.jpg

    I'm doing more walking than cycling these days (you may have noticed that posts here at BF from me have been rare) but I'm on "Trac"! Weight Watchers has worked very well for me. Maybe I can be a spokesmodel lol
    Forum Guidelines
    ****************************************

  16. #591
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Holly, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I'm back on WW as of about 10 days ago and doing well. I'm not concentrating on my weight as much as I'm trying to get into better shape before a 5 day/250 mile supported tour that I've committed to in early August. I've been roaming through this thread and you all have a lot of hard work to be proud of! I look forward to swapping encouragement here.

    335 down to 330.6 in week 1, headed for 290ish by August 1.

    Chuck

  17. #592
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weigh in today, -1 lb, yeah! I couldn't take any more 0's!

    Hope everyone else is having a good day!

  18. #593
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny4 View Post
    Weigh in today, -1 lb, yeah! I couldn't take any more 0's!

    Hope everyone else is having a good day!
    Great job my friend.

    I have mine tonight. I do not think I will be posting a loss
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  19. #594
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHubbert View Post
    Hi, I'm back on WW as of about 10 days ago and doing well. I'm not concentrating on my weight as much as I'm trying to get into better shape before a 5 day/250 mile supported tour that I've committed to in early August. I've been roaming through this thread and you all have a lot of hard work to be proud of! I look forward to swapping encouragement here.

    335 down to 330.6 in week 1, headed for 290ish by August 1.

    Chuck
    Chuck, Congrats my friend! Getting into better shape and weightloss will follow IF IF IF IF you pay attention to what you eat! You got this man! Whats your goal weight?
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  20. #595
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Holly, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
    Whats your goal weight?
    I haven't set a final goal yet, my focus at the moment is the tour that is a stretch goal for me in August.

  21. #596
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Had weigh in on Wed night. Uop 1.6 pounds. Nothing suprising with that. Been a tough week in the eating department.
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  22. #597
    Cactus Hobbit GeoBigJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite Disc, Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Posts
    1,659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tough one chef, but reading back you know the game pretty well, I know you got this. I will do my weigh in on Monday morning. So far it is going great. Points are easy to track, never hungry, and seem to be more full now than when is was eating snacky cakes. My wife and the kids too are riding everyday. We signed up for a ride April 27th, short little 18 miles, so we have been training for that. Tractor, awesome pics, great work! Chef you are right about the quantity vs quality of points on stuff. I am a milk drinker and dairy lover, and man do they cost points if you have a glass or two, 2% gotta try skim. I have only used all my points one day, usually have a deficit of 8 to 15 points at the end of the day. Lean meats and veggies, man can you get a pile in of the green stuff, which I love btw. I haven't touched my weekly points and I'm try to figure out how the activity points add in, I have yet to use them either. No birthdays or anything I will be tempted to spend large points on coming up, so I'm looking forward to seeing a drop. I know it is a marathon and not a sprint and that has me anxious to be a couple months in already, lol, but I know I put it on over 10 years so I know it isn't coming off in 10 days. Thanks for the encouraging words, keep up the good work and stay strong.

  23. #598
    Senior Member himespau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    7,539
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do my weigh ins on Saturday mornings. I think this is going to be my first week with a zero change. I've only been doing it for 5-6 weeks, but that zero's going to be a bummer if it happens. Took a quick peak today and it's seeming likely. Doesn't help that I went to a party for work last night where the dude did arentinian asado. I'd saved up my daily points, but I used them all up, plus all my weekly extra points. I will say that I do like how the online program has been curbing my snacking.

    I do find it annoying however that the last couple weeks I've gotten messages saying that I've lost more than an average of 2 pounds a week (this week's 0 will change that) and I should try to slow down, but then they decrease my daily point allowance. Seems like the could program their software to choose one or the other.
    Punctuation is important. It's the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse" and "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse"


  24. #599
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoBigJon View Post
    Tough one chef, but reading back you know the game pretty well, I know you got this. I will do my weigh in on Monday morning. So far it is going great. Points are easy to track, never hungry, and seem to be more full now than when is was eating snacky cakes. My wife and the kids too are riding everyday. We signed up for a ride April 27th, short little 18 miles, so we have been training for that. Tractor, awesome pics, great work! Chef you are right about the quantity vs quality of points on stuff. I am a milk drinker and dairy lover, and man do they cost points if you have a glass or two, 2% gotta try skim. I have only used all my points one day, usually have a deficit of 8 to 15 points at the end of the day. Lean meats and veggies, man can you get a pile in of the green stuff, which I love btw. I haven't touched my weekly points and I'm try to figure out how the activity points add in, I have yet to use them either. No birthdays or anything I will be tempted to spend large points on coming up, so I'm looking forward to seeing a drop. I know it is a marathon and not a sprint and that has me anxious to be a couple months in already, lol, but I know I put it on over 10 years so I know it isn't coming off in 10 days. Thanks for the encouraging words, keep up the good work and stay strong.
    Meh, I was do in for a weight gain anyway. But to be frank, I know why it was a gain. Funny thing.... eat $hit and you gain. Snack a lot and become lazy with tracking and you gain.

    For the activity points, just know they are figured out on the high side of it. A general rule of thumb for many, including me, is not to use any of the activity points. Track them yes, use them no. This may be different for folks who have really low daily points, like my wife but in general, especially for me, I do not use any of the activity points.

    When I am riding a lot, I will dive into my weekly points and some weeks, I dive into them pretty deep but I would say 75% of the time, I dont touch those either but thats just by choice.
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

  25. #600
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by himespau View Post
    I do my weigh ins on Saturday mornings. I think this is going to be my first week with a zero change. I've only been doing it for 5-6 weeks, but that zero's going to be a bummer if it happens. Took a quick peak today and it's seeming likely. Doesn't help that I went to a party for work last night where the dude did arentinian asado. I'd saved up my daily points, but I used them all up, plus all my weekly extra points. I will say that I do like how the online program has been curbing my snacking.

    I do find it annoying however that the last couple weeks I've gotten messages saying that I've lost more than an average of 2 pounds a week (this week's 0 will change that) and I should try to slow down, but then they decrease my daily point allowance. Seems like the could program their software to choose one or the other.
    Dont be upset if it's zero. Its not a gain and even if it is a gain, remember what your eating actions were the previous week. This is why I love tracking everything because if I get a zero or gain, I know why and if I dont, my tracker knows why!

    Disregard the 2 pound message. Blah. It is just a heads up. Your points will go down as you lose weight which is good too.
    Feel free to visit my blog www.chefonabicycle.com

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •