Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 924
  1. #51
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rec3036 View Post
    I am in the 62-63 range and have trouble eating healthy and getting all my points in... I can only imagine trying to get an additional 10-12 points in on top of what I eat... Already pack a large "Playmate" cooler with my breakfast and lunch in it for work everyday... also remember if you get activity points for riding use them up as well as you plus points every week... it really starts to come off! I was skeptical eat more and loose more??? week one was 2 lbs , week 2 3.5 lbs, week 3 using all my points including plus points and 25 activity points 7 lbs!!!! week 4 using just my points 1 pound.... hmmm... seems like it makes a difference for me...
    I'm only in my third week, but I feel a little self-conscious about the amount of food I need to eat to make my 52 points plus the 49 extra per week plus the activity points. But I thought through an average day of eating before I went on the plan, and typed in the food into the online tracker. I realized that before I was probably eating twice as much as I am on the WW plan, so thinking about it that way makes me feel better. On WW first week, lost 3 lbs; 2nd week, 3 more.
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    rock: beef up your meals. They want you not be feel like you need to binge. And trust me it works. I have 68 points now and can eat around 55 or so but I try to also get more snacks in... protein usually. Helps me out a lot. Provides me to have a snack at night too or during the day. I dont use many of my weeklies and never my AP points.

    Rock: Have you found the forum online for WW men? It is pretty darn good.

    And fyi..... my wife lost 4.8 pounds this week. My WI is on Tuesday. So close to my 5%

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did much better during the game tonight then I though, too busy biting my nails lol.

    I definitely am full and I am eating well, I just tend to reach for healthier options at each meal/snack which is leaving me in the 45ish points range. I'll have to check out the forums as well, thanks

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    let me know if you need any help Rock.

  5. #55
    Senior Member rec3036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, Ocean County , NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 Disc 21 inch frame
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weighed in this evening... -2 lbs... not what I was hoping for but it is still a loss... and just to prove it to myself I went and drug the kids out to ride in our local park, and then after my sons cub scout meeting. I went out and did another ride... so my total mileage for today is 9.6.... I feel awesome and am going to show the scale who's boss next week!!

  6. #56
    Starting over CraigB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Posts
    4,081
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. You'll be lucky if, after reaching goal, you can end up averaging that over the entire time of your loss.
    Craig in Indy

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was -5 this week even with Super Bowl festivities

    I know this will not be the norm, but it's nice to get a jump start the first few weeks.

  8. #58
    Senior Member RedC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    My Bikes
    Trek Navigator, LeMond Buenos Aires, Madone 5.9, S-Works Roubaix
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys inspired me and I joined WW last week. There are no meeting around here scheduled at a time I can be there, so I joined online. Lost 5+ lbs 1st week which is really encouraging I'm sure it's easier to get 225 lbs up the hills then 275lbs. So far I'm staying within the 49 points I'm allotted but I don't find it as easy as some of you are indicating. I lost about 40 lbs when I started riding 3 years ago but I thought that meant I could eat anything I wanted if I rode enough. Apparently I can eat faster than I can ride I've gained 20 lbs since last May. Hopefully I can continue to gain inspiration from some of you
    Red, like the color my hair used to be.

    Lemond Buenos Aires(Broke) Madone 5.9 for sale,Navigator 2, S-Works Roubaix

  9. #59
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
    2 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. You'll be lucky if, after reaching goal, you can end up averaging that over the entire time of your loss.
    +1 on this. 2 pounds per week is a healthy weight loss and (to my mind) indicates a change in lifestyle and habits, rather than just a "diet". I think (but cannot prove) that people who lose weight too fast are the first to gain it all back.
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  10. #60
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedC View Post
    You guys inspired me and I joined WW last week. There are no meeting around here scheduled at a time I can be there, so I joined online. Lost 5+ lbs 1st week which is really encouraging I'm sure it's easier to get 225 lbs up the hills then 275lbs. So far I'm staying within the 49 points I'm allotted but I don't find it as easy as some of you are indicating. I lost about 40 lbs when I started riding 3 years ago but I thought that meant I could eat anything I wanted if I rode enough. Apparently I can eat faster than I can ride I've gained 20 lbs since last May. Hopefully I can continue to gain inspiration from some of you
    Congratulations on the first 5!! I think this thread is sort of turning into a WW meeting and reading everyone else's success stories is inspiring for me.
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  11. #61
    Senior Member goldfinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Minnesota/Arizona and between
    My Bikes
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Cannondale Quick 4, Terry Classic, Gary Fisher Marlin, Dahon Jetstream XP
    Posts
    3,893
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
    2 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. You'll be lucky if, after reaching goal, you can end up averaging that over the entire time of your loss.
    Absolutely. In one week it doesn't feel like much but it really adds up over time. I am small so I limited my loss to averaging one pound a week. Over the course of a year I lost 50 pounds. That was huge for me, bringing me from obese to well in normal weight range. No one week felt like a big success but I got where I want to be.

  12. #62
    Starting over CraigB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail
    Posts
    4,081
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    Absolutely. In one week it doesn't feel like much but it really adds up over time. I am small so I limited my loss to averaging one pound a week. Over the course of a year I lost 50 pounds. That was huge for me, bringing me from obese to well in normal weight range. No one week felt like a big success but I got where I want to be.
    The importance of this kind of attitude can't be overstated. Initial weight loss rates will slow down, and you have to be mentally prepared to accept that. The finch's approach of taking the long view is vital. You can end a week of suffering and find only a pound lost and get pretty discouraged. But we all know how quickly a year goes by (those who are also members of the 50+ group here on BF know it even better), and who among us with large amounts to lose wouldn't love to be 50 pounds lighter after that year? Any loss is a good week. Consistency in behavior is what counts, and sometimes its results are only discernible in the rearview mirror.
    Craig in Indy

  13. #63
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigB View Post
    The importance of this kind of attitude can't be overstated. Initial weight loss rates will slow down, and you have to be mentally prepared to accept that. The finch's approach of taking the long view is vital. You can end a week of suffering and find only a pound lost and get pretty discouraged. But we all know how quickly a year goes by (those who are also members of the 50+ group here on BF know it even better), and who among us with large amounts to lose wouldn't love to be 50 pounds lighter after that year? Any loss is a good week. Consistency in behavior is what counts, and sometimes its results are only discernible in the rearview mirror.
    +1 with the added note that the real issue here is health, not weight. For us being overweight is (or was) not the disease - it was (or is) merely the symptom of the "real" disease. WW effectively treats the unhealthy eating habits and makes us change our lifestyle. In that context, I think slower weight loss would actually be preferred!
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  14. #64
    Senior Member GettinMyLanceOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    My Bikes
    Fuji Gran Tourer, Motobecane Track
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome and good luck! My best advice is to stick with it. Results will come if you want them. Try not to change your eating habits to the point where it becomes a chore. For example, eat healthy foods until you are full (don't even buy any bad foods to have around), but if you find yourself wanting to indulge a bit, just go for a longer bike ride that day. Keep us updated on your progress?

  15. #65
    Senior Member GettinMyLanceOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    NJ
    My Bikes
    Fuji Gran Tourer, Motobecane Track
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tractorlegs View Post
    +1 on this. 2 pounds per week is a healthy weight loss and (to my mind) indicates a change in lifestyle and habits, rather than just a "diet". I think (but cannot prove) that people who lose weight too fast are the first to gain it all back.
    It's said that 2 pounds a week is about the maximum amount of fat one can burn. Any more than that would just be due to water weight or from your body going into starvation mode from lack of sufficient energy and burning off muscle tissue.

  16. #66
    Senior Member rec3036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, Ocean County , NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 Disc 21 inch frame
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very pleased with a loss, don't get me wrong, I was expecting more with all the riding I have been doing. But I did just see my Dr.yesterday and he feels I am doing very good with my weight loss and he feels my medication is possibly limiting my weight loss, which is actually good.

    +1 for RedC feels good doesn't it?

    one of the things I tell myself, especially when it comes to my beer, "nothing tastes as good, as thin feels!"

  17. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hit my 5% goal this last Tuesday (and actually exceeded it). I lost 5.8 pounds and broke my 5% goal! I am sooooo freaking happy. Still buzzed about it!

  18. #68
    Senior Member imacflyr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    My Bikes
    Scattante road bike
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome job, chef!!

  19. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanks. This week I feel like is going to blow. Eating has been rough yesterday and better today but still too much tasting.

  20. #70
    Senior Member imacflyr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    East Central Illinois
    My Bikes
    Scattante road bike
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just keep your attitude long-term... if you go up or maintain this week, just use the numbers as reference, learn from them, and keep going in the right direction. Don't let one week affect your resolve!

  21. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cherry hill, nj
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It wont. I dont mind if the scale reads up or down or the same. The eating this week was more of a "you still have work to do" to find a positive working relationship with food.

  22. #72
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
    i hit my 5% goal this last tuesday (and actually exceeded it). I lost 5.8 pounds and broke my 5% goal! I am sooooo freaking happy. Still buzzed about it!
    wooo hooo!!!!!!
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  23. #73
    Captain Big Ring tractorlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Locked by the Door
    My Bikes
    The Black Knight
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at 3 weeks on the program, and since I posted the OP I have lost 8 pounds (275 to 267), average weight loss is 2.7 pounds per week!
    **************************************************
    The El Paso Bicyclist/

  24. #74
    Senior Member rec3036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, Ocean County , NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 Disc 21 inch frame
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
    I hit my 5% goal this last Tuesday (and actually exceeded it). I lost 5.8 pounds and broke my 5% goal! I am sooooo freaking happy. Still buzzed about it!
    way to go Chef!!!

  25. #75
    Senior Member rec3036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jersey Shore, Ocean County , NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300 Disc 21 inch frame
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tractorlegs View Post
    I'm at 3 weeks on the program, and since I posted the OP I have lost 8 pounds (275 to 267), average weight loss is 2.7 pounds per week!
    Awesome keep up the good work!!! I weigh in on Monday... (fingers crossed) ! kinda slacked off on tracking towards the end of the week... but am back on track now! but I was able to log over 20 miles this week... which with my schedule and 2 minor snow storms is pretty impressive, for me at least!

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •