Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    quick snaps with the phone on the way to work

    Nice show of Australian weather , poured yesterday is hot as hell today and still flooded when i need to ride.

    Photos are not the best they where taken with my phone













    the last 3 , quick check with a stick and my foot showed the water to be about 2 foot deep and moving fast enough to almost push me over . so i went around .
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ken_onabike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Meadowbrook QLD Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek FX7.1
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you've noticed that our local council has given us some lovely scenic bike paths that just about all run beside creeks.. Beautiful if it doesn't rain too much. I must admit I wimped out last night and got the wife to pick me up and left the bike at work. I'll ride it home tonight.

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,033
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yuck!

  4. #4
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Yuck!
    truth me told if i was not learning to ride with new clipin shoes and pedals , i might have tried it

    oh and you know turning up covered in mud would not have gone down well at work =)
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  5. #5
    Am I evil? I am Man!!! Mr Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    tru
    oh and you know turning up covered in mud would not have gone down well at work =)
    F*** em if they can't take a joke...
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    I plan on laying on the floor of my office and crying around mid-morning.
    the-rules

    My cheap @$$ rides...

    2003 Giant Warp DS 3
    2006 Diamondback Podium 1

  6. #6
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sinister View Post
    F*** em if they can't take a joke...
    haha nooo i like my boss, i am walking around in socks and shorts/T-shirt atm =)
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  7. #7
    Am I evil? I am Man!!! Mr Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    444
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    haha nooo i like my boss, i am walking around in socks and shorts/T-shirt atm =)
    I hope you mean shorts, and not undershorts...
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    I plan on laying on the floor of my office and crying around mid-morning.
    the-rules

    My cheap @$$ rides...

    2003 Giant Warp DS 3
    2006 Diamondback Podium 1

  8. #8
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sinister View Post
    I hope you mean shorts, and not undershorts...
    that is friday......


    j/k
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NY state
    My Bikes
    See Signature...
    Posts
    1,181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vividly remember cycling through water that was well over my hubs when I was in college. Wasn't a flood, just wa big water pool in the middle of one of the trails. It did help clean the mud off the bikes! I had cheap wheels on at that point that ended up on another bike and then sold in the yardsale...
    2012 Diamondback Podium 2 - Ready for spring! :D
    1995 Specialized Rockhopper Rigid - SS converted!

  10. #10
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nymtber View Post
    I vividly remember cycling through water that was well over my hubs when I was in college. Wasn't a flood, just wa big water pool in the middle of one of the trails. It did help clean the mud off the bikes! I had cheap wheels on at that point that ended up on another bike and then sold in the yardsale...
    to be honest the depth didn't bother me, it was the fact it was flowing so fast .
    also the path is about 2 meters wide there with a sharp drop on ether side =)
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  11. #11
    Has opinion, will express
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, Queensland is but a part of Australia... and the weather there doesn't even remotely reflect that in other parts of the continent.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

  12. #12
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Just to be clear, Queensland is but a part of Australia... and the weather there doesn't even remotely reflect that in other parts of the continent.

    lol , no to be fair the weather all across Australia is normally lovely. it is just you only notice it when it sucks.

    I think Victoria has it the worst, rain in the morning 40 degrees in the middle of the then cold as hell ( that doesn't make sense is it cold in hell ) at night , all depending on where the wind is coming in from.
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  13. #13
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    haha nooo i like my boss, i am walking around in socks and shorts/T-shirt atm =)
    Must be in IT....

  14. #14
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Just to be clear, Queensland is but a part of Australia... and the weather there doesn't even remotely reflect that in other parts of the continent.
    Also, I bet there's considerable variation in the weather across the state. American posters should keep in mind Queensland is twice as large as Texas, with room to spare for Pennsylvania and Ohio. They don't do anything small in Australia.

  15. #15
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    lol , no to be fair the weather all across Australia is normally lovely. it is just you only notice it when it sucks.
    It must be lovely with all those kangaroos flying about....

  16. #16
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_B View Post
    It must be lovely with all those kangaroos flying about....

    I saw one yesterday. i almost fell off my bike in shock , by the time i got my phone out to take a snap he was long gone .

    QLD isn't that big, have a look a western Australian it makes QLD look small
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  17. #17
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    I saw one yesterday. i almost fell off my bike in shock , by the time i got my phone out to take a snap he was long gone .

    QLD isn't that big, have a look a western Australian it makes QLD look small
    Australia is on the list of places to visit one day.

    BTW, one of your exports is causing problems in one of our local school districts:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-footwear.html

  18. #18
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_B View Post
    Australia is on the list of places to visit one day.

    BTW, one of your exports is causing problems in one of our local school districts:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-footwear.html
    HAHA, that is not the fault of the boot but the person wearing them , honestly ugg boots should be banned world over i think, horrible things.

    edit: on a second note, schools here have been saying what can and can't be worn in regards to shoes for a long time. would be a 3 day suspension if you wore ugg boots a few times ( after a written warning ) to my school and that was 6 or 7 years ago .
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    My Bikes
    Fuji Roubaix 3
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    I think Victoria has it the worst, rain in the morning 40 degrees in the middle of the then cold as hell ( that doesn't make sense is it cold in hell ) at night , all depending on where the wind is coming in from.
    I miss the Victorian weather back home. Here it is either hot, humid and raining, or hot humid and about to rain.
    There is not a hill in Bangkok that can defeat me.

  20. #20
    Has opinion, will express
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, at least we have four seasons in Victoria. Queensland really only has two, although for quite a while there, it was only one -- a drought.

    And, I have never been colder than during a winter in Herberton, on the Atherton Tableland west of Cairns. And this coming from a Tasmanian...
    Dream. Dare. Do.

  21. #21
    Neil_B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    HAHA, that is not the fault of the boot but the person wearing them , honestly ugg boots should be banned world over i think, horrible things.

    edit: on a second note, schools here have been saying what can and can't be worn in regards to shoes for a long time. would be a 3 day suspension if you wore ugg boots a few times ( after a written warning ) to my school and that was 6 or 7 years ago .
    I agree they are ugg-ly. The ban is simply a way to prevent people from texting during class. I don't think it will work.

  22. #22
    Senior Member funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    My Bikes
    Mostly schwinn... few classics
    Posts
    2,286
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer...

  23. #23
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Yep, at least we have four seasons in Victoria. Queensland really only has two, although for quite a while there, it was only one -- a drought.

    And, I have never been colder than during a winter in Herberton, on the Atherton Tableland west of Cairns. And this coming from a Tasmanian...
    i think we have 3 rain , hot or rain and hot
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  24. #24
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil_B View Post
    I agree they are ugg-ly. The ban is simply a way to prevent people from texting during class. I don't think it will work.
    should just break the kids fingers if they are caught txting in class... or maybe something less extreme
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •