So after my Vassago was totalled I decided to replace it with a 2011 Conquest Pro. It's the last Alu/carbon version before this year's decision to go full carbon with this model. The only drawback is that it was not available in a solid colour or combo that matches my team kit; so I've been masking and painting for the past few days, as time allows.
All the red accent is getting done over in Soft Like Kitten team issue pink.
Automotive frisket is either A) expensive for small amounts, or B) reasonable by the yard, if you need 40sq.yds. of it (which I do not); so I went another route. Avery brand full-sheet clear laser printer labels are high-tack, low stretch, translucent, and peel resistant when used with a Uni brand paint marker. So, a few labels, a fresh X-Acto blade, and some hours later and here's what I've got happening: Soft Like Kitten team edition Conquest Pro. (still in progress)
Seat tube detail (needs adhesive goo cleanup when paint is fully cured)
Chainstays and seatstay (compare to the red stock accent on the seatstay)
Downtube right side logo detail
Downtube left side logo detail