I am a beginning road rider. Just got my first road bike a few days ago. I am way out of shape, but so far, having fun. These were some thoughts running through my head during my ride today. Pardon my punchiness. I need to go rest now.
1. This is work. My legs pretty much burn the entire ride.
2. So, those drain grates are where all the water goes-- don't swerve into traffic. We should fix more potholes.
3. Bugs have no taste. Keep mouth closed. Can't-- need to breathe.
4. If people get in your way, you still have to avoid them.
5. When someone honks, don't tip over.
6. At 15-20 miles, if I crash, I will die. Don't crash. How come there aren't body helmets?
7. After the second mile, the trees, road, and cars pretty much look the same. Actually, just watch the road...
8. I am so out of shape. This hurts.
9. Who the heck can reach the water bottle?
10. I have all the tools to fix a flat. I don't know how to use them.
11. My shadow looks good.
12. Down hill is way more fun than uphill. Do my brakes still work?
13. How do you make a left turn again? Forget, just keep turning right. You'll get there eventually.