Riding Bike to lose weight... Things to keep in mind
1) It's ok to sweat.
2) it's ok to ride over 5 miles per hour and get your heart rate up (as long as you body is healthy and your doctor says so)
3) You don't need 3 power bars and bottles full of Gatorade for a 10 mile ride.
4) You don't have to have matching shorts and jersey.
5) You still probably need other forms of exercise.
6) Riding once per week doesn't warrant a $5000 bike. Though they are cool so of you have money to spend, its better than buying twinkles.