Hi, new here! Last summer my attempt at joining the biking world was what I would consider a major failure. I am about to begin this years bike season and would like to know your thoughts!
Here is my problem ---- I am 5'7" and my wieght is at 280lbs (that hurt to say) also I am a type II diabetic.
Anyway I began my riding program and during the rides my hands completly fell asleep causing much pain. This and other failures caused me to give up! Something I don't want to do this year!
I ride a Trek 7.3FX --- flat bars
My questions are
1. Am I using the wrong handle bars or bike and applying to much pressure on my hands?
2. Could there be a medical reason for this? Other than carpel tunnel.
3. Is this common and can it be overcome?
4. Should I start out with very short rides?
5. And how long before I should expect be able to see improvement in my overall strength and conditioning.
I hope to make many friends here