Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/)
-   -   My wife is out to sabotage my weight loss plan.... (http://www.bikeforums.net/clydesdales-athenas-200-lb-91-kg/813781-my-wife-out-sabotage-my-weight-loss-plan.html)

krobinson103 04-26-12 01:26 AM

My wife is out to sabotage my weight loss plan....
 
So I rode 60km today. Ate just enough to fuel myself and have energy to get through the work I needed to do. Then when I finished I get a call... "Can you go to the church bake sale for me?" What can I do? I go, I get her things and see all the waffles with cream and fried foods, the kimbab (rice and vegetables wrapped in seaweed 500 calories for a roll!) and have to resist it all. Sigh, oh well 10kg down and only 7kg to go. :)

TrojanHorse 04-26-12 09:22 PM

Be strong!

What do they do to rice, veggies & seaweed to make it 500 calories! Yikes!

krobinson103 04-27-12 01:30 AM

stuff in processed ham, fake crab sticks etc. It LOOKS healthy, but in reality its not. Fell off the wagon a bit today. 20km of extra commuting put me at 3 1/2 hours of riding (about 60km) and 4 hours of actively teaching 5 year olds. I broke down and actually stopped at mcdonalds and got a 'grilled chicken snack wrap'. It was listed at 232 calories and had a wrap, some grilled chicken, and assorted veges. I bet the sauce wasn't the best though. They also included zero calorie cola, but the stuff tasted so disgusting I just threw it away. Looking at the numbers I still come in about 800 calories short of Base metabolic consumption though. At the very least I won't gain any weight.

Pug 04-27-12 03:50 AM

It's normal to have a "cheat day" or a "cheat meal" so don't sweat it and just keep looking forward. Next time you get a spousal request to hit up the bake sale, perhaps suggest that no-one in the family needs that kind of food so you'd prefer to not stop there?

krobinson103 04-27-12 05:41 AM

She suggested that since I'm so close to my target weight I should buy her a new bag. I suggested that if SHE can lose 10kg in 3 months then I would buy her the expensive bag she wants. It remains to be seen if she has the willpower to do it... :) I also suggested that it should be me who gets the new toy since I did all the suffering!

TrojanHorse 04-27-12 09:52 AM

Don't buy her the expensive bag she wants - you're in Korea! Buy her the bag that looks like the expensive bag she wants.

Coach used to manufacture their products in Korea and of course the factory sold bags out both ends. I'm sure they're not the only ones.

deburn 04-27-12 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krobinson103 (Post 14151540)
She suggested that since I'm so close to my target weight I should buy her a new bag. I suggested that if SHE can lose 10kg in 3 months then I would buy her the expensive bag she wants. It remains to be seen if she has the willpower to do it... :) I also suggested that it should be me who gets the new toy since I did all the suffering!

What's the rationale for her to get a reward if you meet your goal? :-) :notamused:

krobinson103 04-27-12 04:59 PM

She knows the fakes... They are 99% right, but not quite. $1000 would buy one nice mtb though,,,,

TrojanHorse 04-27-12 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deburn (Post 14152197)
What's the rationale for her to get a reward if you meet your goal? :-) :notamused:

She gets to enjoy her arm candy, that's what. Duh. ;)

socalrider 04-27-12 07:43 PM

why is she being rewarded for trying to sabotage your weight loss.

Ooompa Loompa 04-27-12 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krobinson103 (Post 14146655)
So I rode 60km today. Ate just enough to fuel myself and have energy to get through the work I needed to do. Then when I finished I get a call... "Can you go to the church bake sale for me?" What can I do? I go, I get her things and see all the waffles with cream and fried foods, the kimbab (rice and vegetables wrapped in seaweed 500 calories for a roll!) and have to resist it all. Sigh, oh well 10kg down and only 7kg to go. :)

Soooo jealous. I was in Busan, South Korea about a month ago. I LOVE Korean street food.

krobinson103 04-28-12 01:45 AM

Korean street food made me fat in the first place. Especially those waffles they cook while you watch and coat with cream and bit of jam. Avoiding all such temptations if I can.

Quote:

why is she being rewarded for trying to sabotage your weight loss.
Because she is a women and my wife. This means whatever is mine is hers first! At least thats the way the Korean female mind seems to work.

socalrider 04-28-12 01:50 AM

That still makes no sense to me. Ask her to support your weight loss plan and then you get the nice purse.

krobinson103 04-28-12 03:27 AM

It doesn't to me either, but it seems to be the way it works. I think she has decided to get jealous and is now asking me to STOP losing weight because it makes her look bad. But I set myself a goal to actually be able to see my abs and have less than 15% body fat before I'm 40 and thats only 6 months out. Down to 92kg and 20% body fat every part of me is slim... except the middle. Thats soooo difficult to get rid of. The only way I can see of doing it is to get rid of more and more body fat. If its not there, it can't be on my middle!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 PM.