I don't know how many of you keep track of your rides but I love keeping such silly data. Anyway, tonight I'm celebrating reaching my first 1000 mile mark. It's significant because one morning in my commuters daze I calculated in my head that I would need to ride about 6000 miles to reach my weight loss goal of 100 pounds. Now, I don't remember how I figured that out, but it seems like a good number to put out there as a personal goal. I promised myself that I would consider replacing my Aluminum frame Trek Lexa with a Domane after I reach the 6000 mark. I should be light enough and strong enough experienced enough to justify spending that kind of $$. (hopefully). Anyway, it won't happen until sometime next year...
In my first 1000 miles, I have some accomplishments:
1. I lost 20 pounds.
2. I finally solved my saddle issues.
3. I can ride 30 miles with no problems.
4. I feel great.
5. I have learned to unclip when I stop.
During my next 1000 miles I hope to:
1. lose more weight
2. Extend my range to a metric century
3. Explore more roads around the area where I live (Cape Cod, MA).