Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-12, 07:04 PM   #1
PghRider
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
PghRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PA & VA
Bikes: 2012 Trek 7.1
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Day of Milestones

After a little over two months of riding I hit two milestones on the same day. I do not post much (guess I am more of a lurker with a username ). As of today I have lost 20 pounds and I was able to keep an 18 mph pace for an hour long ride. I am down to 235 with the end goal being somewhere around 200, maybe below. I just wanted to post to say thanks for all of the information and motivation I gain from this section of the forums. It truly helps get my rear on the bike every day. Thanks again and keep pedaling.
PghRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 08:57 PM   #2
Donsell
Senior Member
 
Donsell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nebraska
Bikes: Specialized Roubiax Comp, Scott Sportster 55, Raleigh R500
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great Job! Its fun to see a little progress isn't it?
Donsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 09:28 PM   #3
youcoming
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Bikes: Opus Andante/Parleez5i/Burley Tosa Tandem
Posts: 2,131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wtg
youcoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-12, 09:43 PM   #4
TrojanHorse 
SuperGimp
 
TrojanHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Whittier, CA
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix
Posts: 11,023
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Post more. Lurk less.

Congrats!
TrojanHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 08:18 PM   #5
delmalpz
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lockhart, TX
Bikes:
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was your whole hour-long ride all downhill?? B/c that's the only way I could manage that kind of pace! Good going, I'm impressed.
delmalpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 09:01 PM   #6
Mark Stone
Littledog
 
Mark Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southwest Desert
Bikes: 2013 Giant Escape 2
Posts: 2,894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PghRider View Post
After a little over two months of riding I hit two milestones on the same day. I do not post much (guess I am more of a lurker with a username ). As of today I have lost 20 pounds and I was able to keep an 18 mph pace for an hour long ride. I am down to 235 with the end goal being somewhere around 200, maybe below. I just wanted to post to say thanks for all of the information and motivation I gain from this section of the forums. It truly helps get my rear on the bike every day. Thanks again and keep pedaling.
Good job!! Keep it up, be stronger, ride free!!
Mark Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 09:07 PM   #7
Mithrandir
Senior Member
 
Mithrandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Bikes: 2012 Surly LHT, 1995 GT Outpost Trail
Posts: 2,400
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmalpz View Post
Was your whole hour-long ride all downhill?? B/c that's the only way I could manage that kind of pace! Good going, I'm impressed.
I felt that way last year. I felt that way as early as June this year, too. But last week I hit 16.8mph average for 1 hour and 4 minutes on a loop. I was so close to 17mph I could taste it... and I could smell 18mph a short ways off. I'm not sure I can hit it this year. But definitely next year.
Mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 09:29 PM   #8
delmalpz
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lockhart, TX
Bikes:
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
I felt that way last year. I felt that way as early as June this year, too. But last week I hit 16.8mph average for 1 hour and 4 minutes on a loop. I was so close to 17mph I could taste it... and I could smell 18mph a short ways off. I'm not sure I can hit it this year. But definitely next year.
Way to go, to you, too, then! I do love the short little bursts when I get going at a pretty good clip...but as soon as the trail starts curving upwards the least little bit...turtle-mode! Anyhow, I imagine I would improve even more if I just rode more than once or twice a week. So that's a goal.
delmalpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 05:59 AM   #9
PghRider
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
PghRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PA & VA
Bikes: 2012 Trek 7.1
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was mostly flat. I think that I got lucky with conditions and everything just"clicked" that day.
PghRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16 AM.