Howdy! I'm moving to Irvine, CA next month and I plan to live 3-5 miles from work. Partly to get in shape and partly for practicality's sake, I'm planning on biking to work. I've been doing some research but it seems like folks here are extremely educated, so I thought I would post my information to see if I could start narrowing my search down to several bikes before really trying them out.
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 295 (minimum I ever get to is around 225)
- Commute: 3-5 miles each way
- Conditions: Paved Trails and Bike Lanes, Some Hills
- Location: Irvine, CA
- Budget: Bang-for-the-buck. Ideally less than $500, but negotiable
- Bike Type: Road or Hybrid (still unsure)
- Change at Work? Preferably not--I'd rather arrive at work (which has secure bike parking) and get to work without changing