Join Date: Aug 2012
Bikes: 2012 Surly LHT / Motobecane Fhantom CX 105 / Giant Cypress ST / EZ Sport AX / Trisled Touring Trike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cyclemeter- import hand drawn google map
I couldn't find any good reference for this so I thought I would share what worked for me.
Importing a hand drawn google map into Cyclemeter
1) go to google maps
2) log in with a google account (account might be required)
3) Click on the "my places" button (left of map inline with the top of the map)
4) A red Create a map button will appear. click it
5) A title and description box will appear.
6) inside the map itself three icons apear in the top left one looks like a graph line with a small downward pointing triangle. Click that icon and make sure it is highlited. Mine puts a blue outline around the icon.
7) zoom the map to your location and click at the starting point. This will place a square and anchor the start of your route. Keep clicking along your route till complete.
8)Click the "Save" button (left of map just above the zoom scale bar)
9) click the "Done" button (next to the "Save" button)
Now we have to save the file as a .kml file. It takes google a few minutes for this to be available on your new map.
You should now be able to click "My Places" button and your new map will be in the list. Click on the name of your new map. Your map will load and to the left of the map you will see the title of your map. There should be four lines under that title :
1) Public 0 views (if a public map)
2) Created on Sept 18 by xyz
3) rate this map - Write a comment - KML
KML is the key here, click that kml link. You should be prompted to save the map to a location on your computer. Save the file and email it as an attachment to the email address on your phone. When you open the email and open the attachment cyclemeter will load the map into your routes and it will be available for use.
Last edited by Fangowolf; 09-18-12 at 01:50 PM.