Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Any of you Big Suckers Try These ??

    Any of you big suckers tried these LG shorts? They come in a clyde size and look pretty generous in waist sizes.


    If so, how they feel? How is the material thickness ? Chamois?


    http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/pr...HORTS_CL#third



    LGClydeshorts by gulpxtreme, on Flickr

  2. #2
    2nd Amendment Cyclist RichardGlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cary, NC
    My Bikes
    Schwinn 2010 World Street, Handsome Speedy w/ SRAM Apex
    Posts
    1,037
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some LG bibs (not sure of the style). They were comfortable when I bought them, but my thighs outgrew the leg grippers, and now they won't pull up high enough to fit comfortably in the chamois.
    DFL > DNF > DNS
    Clydesdales: Bringing the Horse Power
    Cycling Blog

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardGlover View Post
    I have some LG bibs (not sure of the style). They were comfortable when I bought them, but my thighs outgrew the leg grippers, and now they won't pull up high enough to fit comfortably in the chamois.
    Lay of the roids man!

    But the chamois felt comfy before your huge thighs got in the way?

  4. #4
    Climbers Apprentice vesteroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have those shorts in Xl if I remeber correctly. I would give them a 8. Nice pad, decent fabric...seems more textured than some of my higher end shorts. I still rate them a good value for the money.

  5. #5
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,908
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voler is currently having a sale if you want to try a pair of those, look for the closeout opportunities

    http://www.voler.com/browse/cat/?cat...Bottoms,Shorts

    I'm on a bib kick lately (finally got used to them) and the Best Bibs Ever (so far) are my Girodano Laser bibs... got 'em on Chain Love. I hate legs that are too short (Sugoi) or chamois that aren't quite extensive enough (Pearl Izumi Pro)

    I'm always looking for something new though, so try some out and report back. have Gina model them for you though, I'm not interested in seeing what they look like on you.

    And by the way, those Garneau shorts are only $70 on Amazon for the XL.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Potashville
    My Bikes
    Reynolds 531P road bike, Rocky Mountain Metropolis, Rocky Mountain Sherpa 10, Look 566
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband has them and likes them. He particularly likes the chamois.
    I'm not so crazy about the Athena version. The legs are too short and the seam joining the bottom "cuff" to the legs cuts into my legs and chafes painfully.

  7. #7
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vesteroid View Post
    I have those shorts in Xl if I remeber correctly. I would give them a 8. Nice pad, decent fabric...seems more textured than some of my higher end shorts. I still rate them a good value for the money.

    Thanks for the feedback! !

  8. #8
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodabike View Post
    My husband has them and likes them. He particularly likes the chamois.
    I'm not so crazy about the Athena version. The legs are too short and the seam joining the bottom "cuff" to the legs cuts into my legs and chafes painfully.
    Thanks! That will save me from buying the Athena shorts, Gina's not fond of the short shorts thing when it comes to cycling.

  9. #9
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    Voler is currently having a sale if you want to try a pair of those, look for the closeout opportunities

    http://www.voler.com/browse/cat/?cat...Bottoms,Shorts

    I'm on a bib kick lately (finally got used to them) and the Best Bibs Ever (so far) are my Girodano Laser bibs... got 'em on Chain Love. I hate legs that are too short (Sugoi) or chamois that aren't quite extensive enough (Pearl Izumi Pro)

    I'm always looking for something new though, so try some out and report back. have Gina model them for you though, I'm not interested in seeing what they look like on you.

    And by the way, those Garneau shorts are only $70 on Amazon for the XL.
    Thanks but I steer clear of Voler stuff. My Breathless Agony jersey is a Voler 2XL and if I can't even begin to zip it up. Gina wears it for me on rides when I want admire it.

    I will have to look at the sale on Amazon though

    Sorry, Gina and I got a rule, whatever shorts we buy, we got to moded our own, get your eyes ready!

  10. #10
    Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Posts
    3,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beanz,
    I have a pair of those, bought recently, but have only used them a couple times due to cooling weather. The fabric is really nice and they are a quality garment for the price. They do fit on the tight side so order a bigger size than you think you need. I'll dig in my shorts locker tomorrow to check which size I have.... the wife is sleeping now and she must not be rousted from her beauty sleep.

    Cheers...

    Opps... I do NOT have the Clydesdale model, so tight fit may not be an issue. They are very good quality shorts though... I will still check on which size I have and take a look at the chamois tomorrow. As I recall, the chamois is not a very bulky one, but I'll look again.
    Last edited by billydonn; 11-08-12 at 11:25 PM.

    There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

  11. #11
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billydonn View Post
    Beanz,
    I have a pair of those, bought recently, but have only used them a couple times due to cooling weather. The fabric is really nice and they are a quality garment for the price. They do fit on the tight side so order a bigger size than you think you need. I'll dig in my shorts locker tomorrow to check which size I have.... the wife is sleeping now and she must not be rousted from her beauty sleep.

    Cheers...
    Thanks! Sounds good and yeah, don't wake the wife!

  12. #12
    Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Posts
    3,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Thanks! Sounds good and yeah, don't wake the wife!
    Beanz,
    I just edited my post so take a look.... will still check on the shorts tomorrow.

    There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

  13. #13
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,908
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Thanks but I steer clear of Voler stuff. My Breathless Agony jersey is a Voler 2XL and if I can't even begin to zip it up. Gina wears it for me on rides when I want admire it.

    I will have to look at the sale on Amazon though

    Sorry, Gina and I got a rule, whatever shorts we buy, we got to moded our own, get your eyes ready!
    Oh dear, I didn't realize Voler used Euro midget sizing.

    Model what you want, just keep the pictures to yourself.

  14. #14
    Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Posts
    3,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Beanz I looked at my shorts. They are 2XL, the non Clydesdale model. The chamois is soft and thin to moderate, with little air vents front and back. They fit tight so I would still probably advise ordering a size up. Inseam is a tad shorter than my PI shorts and they're MUCH tighter than same size PI. Nice seams and fabric. Noteworthy is the lack of a sticky leg gripper for the thighs. That may be why the fit is snug.

    If you get these, post or PM how you like them. I generally like LG stuff and might want to try a pair of Clydesdale models myself.

    These are the model I have: http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/pr...NSOR_3D_SHORTS but my Chamois is red and looks like the one on the Clydesdale model.

    Bon Voyage... BD
    Last edited by billydonn; 11-09-12 at 07:53 AM.

    There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

  15. #15
    Climbers Apprentice vesteroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,475
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.voler.com/browse/product/li/1110265BLKXSM

    beanzy....pretty sure these are the same shorts the ones I buy from hammer nutrition. I LOVE. These. Xl fit me fine even when I was 240

    great pad and comfortable shorts

  16. #16
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reviews guy! I'm really liking the quality reviews. I hate those thin wimpy materials.

  17. #17
    Spit out the back tinrobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Silverlake, CA
    Posts
    1,028
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use them almost exclusively. They fit well, good padding, and I really like the wide band around the leg.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •