So, I have returned to cycling to lose weight after a long absence, and here are some of the things I learned this month.
1. Bikeforum.net has a wealth of information and knowledgeable riders.
2. I didn't even know there was a name for Clydesdales and Athenas.
3. I am a masher, content to ride a sub 50 rpm grunt for a long time; my wife is a spinner, racking along at 75-80 rpm happily.
4. When it comes to a masher Clyde vs. Aluminum and graphite, do not bet against the Clyde.
5. I bought myself 2 bikes (used on Craigslist) intending to sell one, but having 2 comes in handy when I break something.
6. That replacement SRAM derailer is almost too pretty to install, I might want to hang it on the wall for a while first.