First Century Tomorrow at Silver Comet trail
Tomorrow is the day for me to complete the Strava BMC 79 mile challenge and I have decided to stretch it a bit and make it to 100. Roads around Atlanta suck for anything more than 25 miles and I dont plan on lapping the same route 4 times. I also believe I am not ready for the 6 Gap Century just yet. I am a little nervous though. Here are the reasons why.
I need to carry Snacks, tubes, tools, water bottles and I just dont know if all that will fit on the back of my jersey....
The temperature will change during the day and I might not be comfortable wearing the same clothes at 3pm than what I was wearing at 9am. Say at 9am it will be 45F but at 2pm it will be 62F. I was thikning suffering the first two hours from cold issues as to not carry extra stuff I dont need and ending the ride comfortably.
Do you guys think this is ok?
* S works Shoes with regular pearl izumi socks. (dont want to wear wool ones because they make my shoes really tight and dont want to bring shoe covers because they would look very silly at 65F).
* Bib Knicker rated for 54 to 63F.
* Two Cliff bars
* tire levers
* Spare tube
* Gore Phantom Jacket with long sleeves off.
* NO base layer
* Full Gloves (I hate having cold hands and dont mind having warm ones)
* Two big podium Big chills full of water and gatorade.
* set of lights in case I get caught riding at night.
What else?? the silver commet should be an easy century but its not my phiscial condiiton I am worried about rather the external factors.
BTW if anybody wants to join it would be great!