Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-12, 08:47 AM   #1
lsberrios1 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
lsberrios1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta GA
Bikes: '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
Posts: 2,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
First Century Tomorrow at Silver Comet trail

Hey guys,

Tomorrow is the day for me to complete the Strava BMC 79 mile challenge and I have decided to stretch it a bit and make it to 100. Roads around Atlanta suck for anything more than 25 miles and I dont plan on lapping the same route 4 times. I also believe I am not ready for the 6 Gap Century just yet. I am a little nervous though. Here are the reasons why.

I need to carry Snacks, tubes, tools, water bottles and I just dont know if all that will fit on the back of my jersey....

The temperature will change during the day and I might not be comfortable wearing the same clothes at 3pm than what I was wearing at 9am. Say at 9am it will be 45F but at 2pm it will be 62F. I was thikning suffering the first two hours from cold issues as to not carry extra stuff I dont need and ending the ride comfortably.

Do you guys think this is ok?

* S works Shoes with regular pearl izumi socks. (dont want to wear wool ones because they make my shoes really tight and dont want to bring shoe covers because they would look very silly at 65F).
* Bib Knicker rated for 54 to 63F.
* Two Cliff bars
* tire levers
* Spare tube
* Gore Phantom Jacket with long sleeves off.
* NO base layer
* Full Gloves (I hate having cold hands and dont mind having warm ones)
* Two big podium Big chills full of water and gatorade.
* set of lights in case I get caught riding at night.

What else?? the silver commet should be an easy century but its not my phiscial condiiton I am worried about rather the external factors.

BTW if anybody wants to join it would be great!
__________________
Cat 6 going on PRO....

Last edited by lsberrios1; 11-16-12 at 08:51 AM.
lsberrios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 08:57 AM   #2
Fangowolf
Senior Member
 
Fangowolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston
Bikes: 2012 Surly LHT / Motobecane Fhantom CX 105 / Giant Cypress ST / EZ Sport AX / Trisled Touring Trike
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you're worried about comfort, changing clothing needs and room to carry repair things, perhaps a backpack? Sounds like you dont have bike bags already or a rack to strap to.
Fangowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:10 AM   #3
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 14,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
rear rack and trunk. can't imagine doing a century with a back pack! also don't most long rides feature breaks and rest stops etc for bathroom breaks changing clothes and meals? I mean this isn't a 50 miler where you just get on and go for the duration, a century is a whole other animal, right?
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:26 AM   #4
lsberrios1 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
lsberrios1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta GA
Bikes: '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
Posts: 2,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangowolf View Post
If you're worried about comfort, changing clothing needs and room to carry repair things, perhaps a backpack? Sounds like you dont have bike bags already or a rack to strap to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
rear rack and trunk. can't imagine doing a century with a back pack! also don't most long rides feature breaks and rest stops etc for bathroom breaks changing clothes and meals? I mean this isn't a 50 miler where you just get on and go for the duration, a century is a whole other animal, right?
I do not have any types of racks or panniers... Should have thought about that before. Now I am just freaking out. I thought a century was just two 50 mile rides now you tell me its a whole different animal? There is a conveniece store at mile 33 which is good because I can stop there then do 18 miles there and back and then stop there again. That should make for two 1/2 hour stops. Since there is barely any elevation changes I believe I can average 17 to 18mph most of the time so that could make it quick and less painful.
__________________
Cat 6 going on PRO....
lsberrios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:49 AM   #5
TrojanHorse 
SuperGimp
 
TrojanHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Whittier, CA
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix
Posts: 11,253
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
I like a camelbak on long, self-supported rides unless I am familiar with the route and know where I can get water every 25 miles or so. YOu can stick extra clothes in there when you're done with them too.

If this is a supported ride you're probably fine, if not I'd say 2 clif bars is a little light.

Ride safe and have fun.
__________________
"No self-respecting man rides 70 miles and has salad at a pizza joint!" - PhotoJoe
"I like SoCal a lot better than New Jersey" - RubeRad
TrojanHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 09:51 AM   #6
Fangowolf
Senior Member
 
Fangowolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston
Bikes: 2012 Surly LHT / Motobecane Fhantom CX 105 / Giant Cypress ST / EZ Sport AX / Trisled Touring Trike
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think we were thinking more of an organized ride with a time limit and planned route deal. Maybe planning a route to a friends place(back home) along the way to drop off excess clothing. Phone in case something that breaks has no chance of getting fixed.

Here's what I took on my last ride (away from home and emergency contact was working )
pump
chain tool
extra master link
zip ties
plastic baggy
spokes
tube
patchkit
tire levers
alcohol wipe
multitool
wrench
pliers
knife
camera
phone
candy
pepper spray
Fangowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 10:06 AM   #7
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 14,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
call out from work, buy a rear rack and medium rear trunk. install it or pay someone to install it. then you can carry a snack, and some clothing item, not to mention your repair kit. anyway just an idea to get out of work ... you'll be fine no matter what just don't rush it. 18 mph avrg on a century? ummm ... don't think so ... just sayin'
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 10:18 AM   #8
TrojanHorse 
SuperGimp
 
TrojanHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Whittier, CA
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix
Posts: 11,253
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
You don't need a rack to ride 100 miles, sheesh.
__________________
"No self-respecting man rides 70 miles and has salad at a pizza joint!" - PhotoJoe
"I like SoCal a lot better than New Jersey" - RubeRad
TrojanHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 10:41 AM   #9
cplager
The Recumbent Quant
 
cplager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Norwalk, CT
Bikes: 2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis
Posts: 3,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
You don't need a rack to ride 100 miles, sheesh.
You're absolutely right. You don't.

But I'd certainly like to have one for such a ride.
cplager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 10:51 AM   #10
TrojanHorse 
SuperGimp
 
TrojanHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Whittier, CA
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix
Posts: 11,253
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplager View Post
You're absolutely right. You don't.

But I'd certainly like to have one for such a ride.
That's not a ride, that's a tour.
__________________
"No self-respecting man rides 70 miles and has salad at a pizza joint!" - PhotoJoe
"I like SoCal a lot better than New Jersey" - RubeRad
TrojanHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 10:52 AM   #11
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 14,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
I always have a rack. every single bike. the thought of stuffing things into a shirt pocket just sounds dumb. plus full fingered gloves? change of head gear under helmet, lights when it's light out. I trunk is a good place for him to stow everything he was thinking of. including a base vest or something. plus for very long rides I like to have 2 tubes plus a patch kit cuz anything can happen over 8 hrs and 100 miles.
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 01:06 PM   #12
1nterceptor
LET'S ROLL
 
1nterceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NEW YORK, NY - USA
Bikes: 2014 BMC Gran Fondo, 2013 Brompton S6L-X
Posts: 3,917
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
This is why people planning to do centuries usually build up to it. This gives you a chance to
experiment with clothing, nutrition, tempo, etc. What is longest ride you've been on so far? I
have been to a section of the Silver Comet last month, if that's a sample of the whole path then
it's a good place to do a century. Public bathrooms with water fountains every few miles. Some
bikes shops along the way for accessories and repairs as needed. I've done a few centuries so
here are some advice:

1 Start early. This way in case you have mechanical or physical problems along the way, you
don't finish so late at night. I remember signs saying the path closes at dusk?

2 Arm warmers.

3 Pace yourself, don't go all out in the beginning. If you still have a lot of energy at the end,
that's when you should pour it on.

4 That's it, have fun
__________________
I'm not a boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNx...aIoDLA&index=1
1nterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 01:26 PM   #13
lsberrios1 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
lsberrios1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta GA
Bikes: '13 Spech Roubaix SL4 Expert
Posts: 2,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
I like a camelbak on long, self-supported rides unless I am familiar with the route and know where I can get water every 25 miles or so. YOu can stick extra clothes in there when you're done with them too.

If this is a supported ride you're probably fine, if not I'd say 2 clif bars is a little light.

Ride safe and have fun.
Hearing from the other guys around I guess there is food every couple of miles so 2 cliff bars should be good enough as in betweeners. It is a solo century on a very cycling friendly route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangowolf View Post
I think we were thinking more of an organized ride with a time limit and planned route deal. Maybe planning a route to a friends place(back home) along the way to drop off excess clothing. Phone in case something that breaks has no chance of getting fixed.

Here's what I took on my last ride (away from home and emergency contact was working )
pump
chain tool
extra master link
zip ties
plastic baggy
spokes
tube
patchkit
tire levers
alcohol wipe
multitool
wrench
pliers
knife
camera
phone
candy
pepper spray
That is a lot of stuff to pack. Spokes! Chain tool! that is stuff I don't even own. I hope I don't get to need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
call out from work, buy a rear rack and medium rear trunk. install it or pay someone to install it. then you can carry a snack, and some clothing item, not to mention your repair kit. anyway just an idea to get out of work ... you'll be fine no matter what just don't rush it. 18 mph avrg on a century? ummm ... don't think so ... just sayin'
I did in fact call out of work! I had a casual migraine . For real though... it came at the right time. I went and picked up my saddle and asked a few Qs to the guys in the shop. They told me that in the Silver Comet trail I dont have to worry about lack of resources since they seem to be abundant. HE also told me to forget the shoe covers and just ride the first hour with a bit of cold then when it gets above 50 I will be fine with shoes and regular socks. 18mph century.... I guess not

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
I always have a rack. every single bike. the thought of stuffing things into a shirt pocket just sounds dumb. plus full fingered gloves? change of head gear under helmet, lights when it's light out. I trunk is a good place for him to stow everything he was thinking of. including a base vest or something. plus for very long rides I like to have 2 tubes plus a patch kit cuz anything can happen over 8 hrs and 100 miles.
Riding for 8 hours definitely sounds harsh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nterceptor View Post
This is why people planning to do centuries usually build up to it. This gives you a chance to
experiment with clothing, nutrition, tempo, etc. What is longest ride you've been on so far? I
have been to a section of the Silver Comet last month, if that's a sample of the whole path then
it's a good place to do a century. Public bathrooms with water fountains every few miles. Some
bikes shops along the way for accessories and repairs as needed. I've done a few centuries so
here are some advice:

1 Start early. This way in case you have mechanical or physical problems along the way, you
don't finish so late at night. I remember signs saying the path closes at dusk?

2 Arm warmers.

3 Pace yourself, don't go all out in the beginning. If you still have a lot of energy at the end,
that's when you should pour it on.

4 That's it, have fun
Yup going early tomorrow hopefully start riding by 9:30am. My jacket has removable arm warmers. and definitely pacing is key. Your info about the trail makes me feel at ease. My longest ride was a metric century from atlanta to woodstock and back, through backroads. The reason why I think the silver comet trail would be a good first century is because of it being fairly flat. I dont think its more than 3000 ft of climb and ive already done the three gaps in north ga pretty ok which is 5k.
__________________
Cat 6 going on PRO....
lsberrios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 01:27 PM   #14
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 14,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
just found my notes from the 1st time, well only time I tried a century, turned out to only be 88 miles. haven't tried it again since. the notes are funny cuz I was so cautious. I even changed bikes and clothes at the 1/2 way point cuz I wasn't sure which bike I should use so I used both that I had at the time
9:30-11 22 miles 90 min
rest 35 min
11:35-1:10 22 miles 95 min
rest, change, nap, eat, change bikes 1:10-2:20 (1hr 10 min)
2:20-3:50 22 miles
rest 35 min
4:25-5:55 22 miles
total saddle time 6 hrs
total rest time 2.5 hrs
total event time 8.5 hrs
avrg speed 16.6 but that's just an estimate cuz I had no computer at the time
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 01:45 PM   #15
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangowolf View Post
spokes
Spokes? You carry 3 different sizes? If you break a spoke, it's more likely to be on the drive side rear. Don't you need a cassette tool and chain whip to access the spoke?
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 01:59 PM   #16
TrojanHorse 
SuperGimp
 
TrojanHorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Whittier, CA
Bikes: Specialized Roubaix
Posts: 11,253
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Holy cats, that's a cool looking trail! I'm sure you'll do fine.

I highly recommend scoping out some places to rewater (you may already be familiar with the trail, in which case ignore) and definitely plan on stopping for lunch somewhere and give yourself a break off the bike. Pick a spot about 50 or 60 miles in today and make sure you do it. Drink plenty all day; it will be less obvious that you need to drink in cool weather but you do.

And if you really go 100, just expect that about 85 miles in you will hate your bike and wish you were dead. I don't know what it is about it but you will probably hit a wall late in the game. Just expect it and power through.
__________________
"No self-respecting man rides 70 miles and has salad at a pizza joint!" - PhotoJoe
"I like SoCal a lot better than New Jersey" - RubeRad
TrojanHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 02:50 PM   #17
Fangowolf
Senior Member
 
Fangowolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston
Bikes: 2012 Surly LHT / Motobecane Fhantom CX 105 / Giant Cypress ST / EZ Sport AX / Trisled Touring Trike
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beanz,
Yep I have 6 spokes 2 of each size. I figured if I did break the drive train side the sap truck would have a chain wrench, although if I get that trunk bag, I'll carry my own. I don't wanna WALK home

but remember I have broken 3 spokes now in this last month.
Fangowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 02:55 PM   #18
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangowolf View Post
Beanz,
Yep I have 6 spokes 2 of each size. I figured if I did break the drive train side the sap truck would have a chain wrench, although if I get that trunk bag, I'll carry my own. I don't wanna WALK home

but remember I have broken 3 spokes now in this last month.
Ah OK! I missed the part about the organized ride. What can I say, I'm getting old and slow!

I think it was you that just ordered a new wheel. If so, have the tension readjusted after 300 miles or so. That's what I do and I get 20,000+ miles out of a wheel. I did 23 centuires in 2005 and never had to worry about carrying spokes or even think about it with a good wheel.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 02:59 PM   #19
Fangowolf
Senior Member
 
Fangowolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston
Bikes: 2012 Surly LHT / Motobecane Fhantom CX 105 / Giant Cypress ST / EZ Sport AX / Trisled Touring Trike
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yea the new wheel may be on my porch. I'll have a wheel guy look it over after a couple of months.

Before my ride I went ahead and tightened any spokes I thought were loose on the stock wheel. I've only put 100 on it since then, but so far nothing has broken or feels loose and it made it through the 36 miles.
Fangowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 03:34 PM   #20
jsigone
got the climbing bug
 
jsigone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: San Diego
Bikes: one for everything
Posts: 8,487
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
for me, a 45* start would be thin base layer, jersey, vest, arm and knee warmers. Those last 3 can be peeled off if need and can fit in one pocket.

My long ride (more then 4 hrs) check list
3 tubes/ patch kit
4 cliffbars
1 tire lever unless you run wire beed tires.
1 frame pump on the bike or 4-5 Co2 cans
1 small multi tool
1 fully charged IPOD nano
2 bottles (refill stations should be sorta plotted out)
1 meal stop around 50-70 miles into the ride


If you think you are going to run past 5pm, then bring small but bright lighting system and bolt on a rear blinker on the seat post.


You don't need to carry an entire work bench with you, you are just riding a bike. Anything more then what happens to the bike or you is a simple phone call to get picked up. If the pick up is a problem, maybe two 50 mile loops would be a better option.
__________________
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
jsigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 04:29 PM   #21
bwilliams
Senior Member
 
bwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: south carolina
Bikes: trek D.S. 8.3,2013 Trek Marlin
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A little more notice( i almost made plans to ride it this weekend,but changed my mind) and i would have liked to tag along,not so sure i could do a century yet and at 18mph i would probably slow you down,but hey i still want to try one day soon..
bwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 06:06 PM   #22
1nterceptor
LET'S ROLL
 
1nterceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NEW YORK, NY - USA
Bikes: 2014 BMC Gran Fondo, 2013 Brompton S6L-X
Posts: 3,917
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsberrios1 View Post
Yup going early tomorrow hopefully start riding by 9:30am. My jacket has removable arm warmers. and definitely pacing is key. Your info about the trail makes me feel at ease. My longest ride was a metric century from atlanta to woodstock and back, through backroads. The reason why I think the silver comet trail would be a good first century is because of it being fairly flat. I dont think its more than 3000 ft of climb and ive already done the three gaps in north ga pretty ok which is 5k.
I would start earlier if I can, say as soon as the sun is up - around 7 am. I was only on the trail once,
we rented our bikes from a shop in Mableton, Cobb County. Then we rode going towards the next town, Powder Springs.
I don't know if we made it to the next town; Hiram, Paulding county. That was our first time on that trail and in Georgia, so
I'm not familiar with the area.

This was filmed 2 November 2012, ignore the typical vacation/tourist photos in the beginning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkt...hannel&list=UL
__________________
I'm not a boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNx...aIoDLA&index=1
1nterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 06:14 PM   #23
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nterceptor View Post
ignore the typical vacation/tourist photos in the beginning
Post pictures of food in the Clyde forum then say ignore them?
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 06:24 PM   #24
1nterceptor
LET'S ROLL
 
1nterceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NEW YORK, NY - USA
Bikes: 2014 BMC Gran Fondo, 2013 Brompton S6L-X
Posts: 3,917
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
Post pictures of food in the Clyde forum then say ignore them?
It was the first time down south for this Northener, so the 1st time I ate real southern cooking I had
to take pictures. For some reason, I don't think the chain "Daisy BBQ" here in New York City is authentic
southern cuisine.
__________________
I'm not a boy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNx...aIoDLA&index=1
1nterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 07:37 PM   #25
tpy2010
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Iowa
Bikes: Trek 5500, 3 Catrike expeditions with various modifications, red line mountain bike
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you rifing this. 2013 Specialized Roubaix Expert SL4? Good bike. I think you are over thinking this and worrying way to much. I agree with an earlier start. I love to start my rides even earlier than 7AM. On the weekends there is a lot less traffic on our roads early in the AM and I can see cars coming better. My lights are good and they can see me also. You have a real bike friendly environment. If you are in shape and are riding a multi user pathway, you should be able to come very close to your desired goal for pace. If the trail is crowded, probably not. Good luck, have fun, bring your cell phone and debit card.
tpy2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 AM.