Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    I'm a Clyde But EATING TURKEY Today???

    OK, the food was great! My SIL smoked the turkey, daughter cooked the ham and lots of sides. Others brought sides and desserts so there was lots of food. I should have been happy to stuff my face but I ate good, but at the end of the meal, I felt sick. Not really sick but mentally I guess. Lots of offers to take food home, turkey, desserts, ham......... I just couldn't!

    I ate well the last couple of weeks so maybe stuffing my face today was not nice! I really have made up my mind that this year I will drop 40lbs so that I can kick some ass on a local timed event climbing century (Breathless Agony). So not being happy with the intake today, I'm actually happy cause that means my head is in the game!

    Well, for those of you that like to post "you are weak and can't control your fat ass appetite" type responses to these types of threads, go ahead fire away! Just be sure to sign up for the event cause I'll be happy to kick yo' ass too ha ha!

    Any way, a great time with my family. Hope you had a great one too!

    Smoked turkey



    Mom and Dad



    My daughter, queen of her kitchen and excellent cook



    The ham



    Looks Yummy!




    My silly granddaughter Franki...I don't know where she gets it from!

    Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 11-22-12 at 10:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member tergal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Logan, QLD ,Australia
    My Bikes
    Trek 4300
    Posts
    788
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for those of you that like to post "you are weak and can't control your fat ass appetite" type responses to these types of threads, go ahead fire away! Just be sure to sign up for the event cause I'll be happy to kick yo' ass too ha ha!


    Your weak..... can i have some too ?
    Tact is for people who arenít witty enough to use sarcasm.

    Early helplessness is the price we pay for later brilliance. Or, at least our later capacity for non-idiocy

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tergal View Post
    Your weak..... can i have some too ?

    ..........

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol,it's a wonderful thanksgiving evening
    delicious foods (tasty turkey and ham),warmful families..
    Mr.Beanz,don't control your appetite,just let it go

  5. #5
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCN View Post
    Mr.Beanz,don't control your appetite,just let it go
    Been doing that the last couple of years

  6. #6
    Bicycle Commuter Bluish Green's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A family friend brought a big assortment of fresh strawberries, blackberries, and melon to accompany the usual Thanksgiving fare. Whenever I was tempted to get pecan pie, I got a bowl of strawberries instead. I think I ate 3 bowls of strawberries! They were great, but that is probably overdoing it on strawberries....

  7. #7
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluish Green View Post
    A family friend brought a big assortment of fresh strawberries, blackberries, and melon to accompany the usual Thanksgiving fare. Whenever I was tempted to get pecan pie, I got a bowl of strawberries instead. I think I ate 3 bowls of strawberries! They were great, but that is probably overdoing it on strawberries....
    I've been eating a loooot of salads lately. So today it felt like the heavy stuff was dragging me down.

    All junk food today, no fresh fruits or "green" salads.

  8. #8
    A square going nowhere psalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Dimas
    My Bikes
    CAAD 8 & CAAD 10
    Posts
    624
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My weakness is cranberry sauce and my brother-in-law makes a great one.
    01:20:23:00
    05:23:59:00

  9. #9
    What, me worry? Telly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    My Bikes
    Corratec / Jamis
    Posts
    1,091
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, a belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

    I should hate your guts Mr. Beanz for posting those (delicious) pictures of your Thanksgiving dinner, but I just cant hold a grudge to you!
    I really miss Thanksgiving... and there's nothing close to it here in Greece.

    the turkey...
    the cranberries...
    the stuffing...
    the mash potatoes and gravy

    ... damn! Excuse me while I go raid my fridge because my mouth's watering up pretty bad!!!

  10. #10
    The Recumbent Quant cplager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    My Bikes
    2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis
    Posts
    2,781
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Everything in moderation, including moderation..."

    As long as having one (really, really bad ) day doesn't cause you to fall off the wagon (and into the food trough), then it is what it is. What I think you'll find is that the longer you are (usually) paying attention to what you eat, the better your bad days actually are.

    Besides which, if some jackhole wants to come along and poke fun, we'll all just sit on him. That'll teach 'im.

    Cheers,
    Charles
    http://Charles.Plager.net
    http://RecumbentQuant.blogspot.com

  11. #11
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,447
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turkey's a good lean protein, that's the good stuff. It's all the sides you pile on around the turkey that are a disaster.

    Hm, so you're definitely doing BA then, huh? I need to go try Onyx one day soon so I'm not just flapping my gums about it.

  12. #12
    Senior Member skilsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Victoria, Canada
    My Bikes
    Cannondale t1, Koga-Miyata World Traveller
    Posts
    1,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That turkey and pig both had a face.
    how can you eat something with a face?
    Shame on you.
    The one who has the most bikes wins.

  13. #13
    Grammar Cop Condorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Papa Smurf's Lair
    My Bikes
    in my sig line
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skilsaw View Post
    That turkey and pig both had a face.
    how can you eat something with a face?
    Shame on you.
    By having a professional whack the face off, then cooking what's left.

    ETA: Oh yeah: He who dies with the most bikes is dead. Where's the estate sale?
    That which does not kill me has made a massive tactical blunder.
    Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen. Louis L'Amour
    '07 Giant Cypress WSD "Radagast the Beige-and-Black" * '97 (?) Bianchi Premio "Orion" * '09 Trek Allant "The Black Pearl"

  14. #14
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,447
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Condorita View Post
    By having a professional whack the face off, then cooking what's left.

  15. #15
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Telly View Post
    First, a belated Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

    I should hate your guts Mr. Beanz for posting those (delicious) pictures of your Thanksgiving dinner, but I just cant hold a grudge to you!
    I really miss Thanksgiving... and there's nothing close to it here in Greece.

    the turkey...
    the cranberries...
    the stuffing...
    the mash potatoes and gravy

    ... damn! Excuse me while I go raid my fridge because my mouth's watering up pretty bad!!!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game!......WHAT!! No turkey day!?!?!

  16. #16
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cplager View Post
    As long as having one (really, really bad ) day doesn't cause you to fall off the wagon (and into the food trough), then it is what it is. What I think you'll find is that the longer you are (usually) paying attention to what you eat, the better your bad days actually are.
    True, I'm on my way!

  17. #17
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    Turkey's a good lean protein, that's the good stuff. It's all the sides you pile on around the turkey that are a disaster.

    Hm, so you're definitely doing BA then, huh? I need to go try Onyx one day soon so I'm not just flapping my gums about it.
    I only ate trukey and ham, some mashed 'totoes. So wasn't all that bad, just stuffed!

    I am aiming. Registration is Jan 14th 8 pm. It sells out real FAST ( 1 hr?). So hopefully I get a spot! If not I will do Ride Around the Bear since it doesn't sell out quickly since it ain't part of the KOM series.

  18. #18
    Has opinion, will express
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First US Thanksgiving yesterday. With Machka's brother and his family in Louisiana. An excellent day and evening meal.

    Boudin for breakfast today, too!

    I had a Canadian Thanksgiving back in 2006.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

  19. #19
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,447
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    I only ate trukey and ham, some mashed 'totoes. So wasn't all that bad, just stuffed!

    I am aiming. Registration is Jan 14th 8 pm. It sells out real FAST ( 1 hr?). So hopefully I get a spot! If not I will do Ride Around the Bear since it doesn't sell out quickly since it ain't part of the KOM series.
    At least it's in the evening, unlike that stinking Amtrak.

    OK, so I have to try Onyx at least once before Jan. 14. Got it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •