Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: GMR in High Def

  1. #1
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    GMR in High Def

    I had a chance to ride today so I did ha ha! But one of them day you get out there and after a mile up GMR you ask yourself, what the heck am I doing up here?". Well, as tough as it can be at times those are the times you have to tell yourself, If I can make it today, I can make it anytime, well mostly ha ha! Did help that the 3 riders I saw up there were freaky fast and blew by me like like I was standing still.

    The first guy that passed me blew by like he was on his way to fight a fire. Wow! But I would have to say he was cool and offered up a hello. One thing I have to give to GMR riders, they are almost always encouraging and motivating to other riders up there. Even when they kick your arse they are still friendly about it ha ha! This guy flew by fast, sort of made me wonder why I was up there. But after he passed I kind of sort of thought he looked like that guy holding the number one position on Strava. If it was him, I can see why he's number one! After thinking he was the dude, I felt a little better knowing that he should kick my arse anyway so it made it easier to keep on ha ha!

    I did different mounts to try out. I used the Go Pro bar mount on the way up and the first section down. Tough trying to figure out how it really worked as the road was pretty torn up, lots of cracks and bumps. A couple of the views I got to the side were taken while holding the Go Pro on a small tripod. Actually works pretty good. But it was windy up there today so I kept my hand held shots to a minimum. Then the seat post shot, I really like this one but I'm using the roll bar mount rather than the handle bar mount so the width and the frame design of the Madone keeps me from pedaling. This shot looks a bit slow cause I couldn't pedal the to get up any kind of speed on the section of GMR where I tried it out. I think my Cannondale will work but the slope of the Madone made it impossible and I ain't clamping on the carbon tubes. The lower part I tried a "fotopro" mount I got online a couple years back for $5. Worked OK but again, seems the entire road of GMR was pretty torn up so it all came out a bit bumpy. Maybe I should have brought the helmet mount but I wasn't expecting the road to be that thrashed.

    But the high definition looks pretty cool in the video! Oh yeah, and always, always stay on your side of the road when descending the switchbacks. Big green forest trucks are pretty darn "BIG"!


  2. #2
    Senior Member tunavic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    My Bikes
    '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH
    Posts
    388
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video looks great Beanz

  3. #3
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunavic View Post
    Video looks great Beanz
    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Senior Member tunavic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    My Bikes
    '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH
    Posts
    388
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your videos are more widely viewed than you might think. I've been viewing them regularly for about a year now but rarely comment. There must be a bunch more stalkers out there like me

  5. #5
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunavic View Post
    I think your videos are more widely viewed than you might think. I've been viewing them regularly for about a year now but rarely comment. There must be a bunch more stalkers out there like me
    I check my blog for view stats and locations. Pretty interesting to see that my material is view in other countries.

    I do see the view counts on my videos too but I just don't know exactly what cities. Wish youtube named cities like the blog stats.

    But glad you view them and enjoy them.

    I do wish more people woud comment but hey, can't have everything.

    BTW, I don't consider it stalking. I think it's cool knowing that riders have met through my pics and videos. Some of the riders we know have met other riders that have introduced themselves saying they recognized them from my stuff.

  6. #6
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,668
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera definitely improves your video quality - nice job.

    I'd, uh, skip the angle that looks like it's attached to your anatomy if you know what I mean.

    Why, that makes me want to go do GMR tomorrow - anybody in? Hm?

  7. #7
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    The camera definitely improves your video quality - nice job.

    I'd, uh, skip the angle that looks like it's attached to your anatomy if you know what I mean.
    Thanks! Jimmy in the SoCal forum says now he know what his B@LLs see on a GMR ride.

  8. #8
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,668
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I want to know what his balls are doing looking at your thighs.

    But hey, you're both grown men.

  9. #9
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ............. Good one!

  10. #10
    Senior Member 1bluetrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    eastern wa.
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500, a GT Avalanche and a Mongoose IBOC Comp
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good looking video Beanz! Long time no see, how ya been?
    Join the fight to stop Diabetes! You can help improve the lives of those living with this disease!Sponsor me in the 2012 Tour de Cure in Redmond Washington!


    http://main.diabetes.org/goto/ericsalinas

  11. #11
    Senior Member epiking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    My Bikes
    '86 Miyata 1000, '85 Raleigh Elkhorn (retired), 2000 Specializer HardRock
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice...thanks for the mounts info.
    1985 Raleigh Elkhorn
    1986 Miyata 1000
    2000 Specialized HardRock

  12. #12
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluetrek View Post
    Good looking video Beanz! Long time no see, how ya been?
    Thnaks!...............Wow, haven't seen much of you around here in a long while. Or any of your video creations.

  13. #13
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by epiking View Post
    Nice...thanks for the mounts info.




  14. #14
    Lover of Old Chrome Moly Myosmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,544
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beans

    Have you ever considered putting together a compilation of 10-15 minute segments into an 30-60 minute long video that could be watched for inspiration while on the trainer during the winter. I have looked for something like that but all I can find is video taken during races or with some trainer talking constantly. Worse yet, video of someone else on a stationary bike trying to be the next Jillian Michaels. I've got nothing against good training videos, but sometimes I just want to burn some calories listening to music and dreaming about next summer. The quality of your videos is very good and I think you could sell them. Put me on the list if you ever do.

    Thanks for the cool vid and please keep them coming.
    Lead, follow or get out of the way

  15. #15
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myosmith View Post
    Beans

    Have you ever considered putting together a compilation of 10-15 minute segments into an 30-60 minute long video that could be watched for inspiration while on the trainer during the winter. I have looked for something like that but all I can find is video taken during races or with some trainer talking constantly. Worse yet, video of someone else on a stationary bike trying to be the next Jillian Michaels. I've got nothing against good training videos, but sometimes I just want to burn some calories listening to music and dreaming about next summer. The quality of your videos is very good and I think you could sell them. Put me on the list if you ever do.

    Thanks for the cool vid and please keep them coming.

    Hahaha! Thanks for the compliments but nope, haven't thought about that.

    But if I ever do, I'd just post it on you tube and let others watch if they like. I'm the type that would never think of selling it, I'd give it away. Guess that's why I'll always be a poor dude.

    I'll have to think about doing something though.......after I get back into shape.

    Sounds like a great summer project!

  16. #16
    Not safe for work cyclokitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    KHS Town and Country 100 & Jamis Durango Femme 1.0
    Posts
    2,079
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great video, Beanz! So that's what sunshine looks like... the sun's been missing here in Toronto since mid-October. The GoPro really does "shine" (hehehehehe) in the bright light. Looked like a fun ride.


  17. #17
    Lover of Old Chrome Moly Myosmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,544
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Hahaha! Thanks for the compliments but nope, haven't thought about that.

    But if I ever do, I'd just post it on you tube and let others watch if they like. I'm the type that would never think of selling it, I'd give it away. Guess that's why I'll always be a poor dude.

    I'll have to think about doing something though.......after I get back into shape.

    Sounds like a great summer project!
    There is a difference between being wealthy and being rich. My guess is that you are rich in ways many a wealthier man will never understand.

    If anyone knows of scenic cycling DVDs, I'm interested because my gym has a big screen TV and DVD player in the spin room but no access to the internet.
    Lead, follow or get out of the way

  18. #18
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclokitty View Post
    Great video, Beanz! So that's what sunshine looks like... the sun's been missing here in Toronto since mid-October. The GoPro really does "shine" (hehehehehe) in the bright light. Looked like a fun ride.
    Thanks! Yup, sun shiny day! Thank goodness I don't live in Toronto.

  19. #19
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myosmith View Post
    There is a difference between being wealthy and being rich. My guess is that you are rich in ways many a wealthier man will never understand..
    Ahh, a man who understands!

  20. #20
    Senior Member iforgotmename's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great vid as always Beanz...now you can keep both of your hands on the bars while riding Enjoy the GoPro.

  21. #21
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iforgotmename View Post
    Great vid as always Beanz...now you can keep both of your hands on the bars while riding Enjoy the GoPro.
    Yup, most the time anyway!

  22. #22
    Senior Member 1bluetrek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    eastern wa.
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500, a GT Avalanche and a Mongoose IBOC Comp
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    Thnaks!...............Wow, haven't seen much of you around here in a long while. Or any of your video creations.
    Not getting much riding in lately, changed jobs and time is pretty limited. Good news is, I've dropped right at 30 pounds since July . Wworking my butt off (literally) is no trade off for riding, gotta get in the saddle!
    Join the fight to stop Diabetes! You can help improve the lives of those living with this disease!Sponsor me in the 2012 Tour de Cure in Redmond Washington!


    http://main.diabetes.org/goto/ericsalinas

  23. #23
    Banned. Mr. Beanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Upland Ca
    My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Posts
    20,031
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluetrek View Post
    Not getting much riding in lately, changed jobs and time is pretty limited. Good news is, I've dropped right at 30 pounds since July . Wworking my butt off (literally) is no trade off for riding, gotta get in the saddle!
    Dropping weight Yaaay! Too much work no riding, Booo!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •