Miles Will Be Easier To Get Soon
Coaching, long hours, etc. make it a bit tough to get in some miles and time in the saddle. However in a few weeks I'll be able to commute to work between 2-3 times a week. Minimally that's 14 miles each way. It's not an incredible amount of miles but starting the day out with an hour (a tad more) on the bike and then again later will really add up.
To help in my commute I just ordered a Burley Travoy, with a rain cover thrown in for free (HA!). Quite often I'm running around and don't have the stuff I need to properly clean up or I have too much stuff to carry. Having the Travoy will eliminate that excuse and make me come up with new ones.
Be sure to give a review on the Travoy. I've been interested in it too.
Will do. I read many many reviews on it. I'll list the reasons I chose it right now and will review it after first impressions and then after several uses.
Originally Posted by goldfinch
First an image of what I bought.
I purchased this because...
- It was recommended all over the place out there on the interwebs
- I like how the weight of whatever I'm packing will be on the wheels of the Travoy and seat post of my bike and not just on the rear wheel like other types.
- For camping trips it forces me to choose what to carry. With a larger trailer I would pack more than I really need.
- It is narrow. When I ride on a bike trail or sometimes on the road I try to minimize my foot print. I'm conscious about me holding up traffic (regardless of legality) and this helps out.
- I am going to use it also as a carry-all for when I am at ball tournaments. I can put a bucket of softballs and some other equipment on it and easily wheel it around. Double-duty bike + coaching thing.
- I really couldn't justify anything larger. It's almost perfect in size for what I need.
- I got the rain cover to be able to put my laptop and other stuff in there and ride in any weather that I choose to go out in.
- It supposedly tracks well behind bikes and doesn't sway out unless you overload it or get nuts with it.
Here is my little blog thing about getting the Travoy.
The Recumbent Quant
14 miles is a fairly significant commute in my book. Not undo-able, nor unwise. But if you do that regularly, you'll be in fantastic shape.
Originally Posted by WonderMonkey
Good luck And nice blog post, too!