First and foremost thank you for this forum. I cant believe there are this many heavy people who ride a bike. Everyone I know just laughed when I told them I was thinking of getting a bike to help get my weight under control. I have been "Big" for the last 20 years and after failing time and time again I know everyone figures this will be another stage Im going through. Anyway on to my questions... I decided to go to a few LBS yesterday and see what everyone had to offer. I was first going in looking for something in the comfort line (like an Electra Townie) and ended up really looking at a hybred(?) type of bike. (road bike look with handle bars and wider tires) So anyway I pretty much landed on a Cannondale Quick 4 but would like your opnion on if it would be worth the money to jump up to the Quick 3. 99% of my riding with be on a paved bike path with the other 1% for the times I fall off the path. The only reason I am leaning twords the Cannondale is because I was treated really well at the shop (compaired to the other 2 shops I went to) So if you think there is a better bike out there for the cash please let me know.
Here are the two models
Thank you in advance,