Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Training For 100 Miler (Imperial Century)

    Whenever I set a goal I tell the world about it and then try to make it a group thing. Others join in and we keep each accountable. A bit of social pressure. For me and biking that means organizing a ride in the future that I know I'll have to train for. Forces me to find time where I didn't think I had time, or actually don't. Etc. I want to do a 100 miler this year. Previous long this year was about 65 miles (I'll have to check) but I've been spotty on the bike since then.

    I organized a ride down to a large German food/beer place just over the bridge into Kentucky (I am in Ohio). It is 99.6 miles from my house by bike on the route I have chosen so we will easily do the 100.

    This thread is for the training to get to 100 miles. There will be blog links, etc. Read along if you wish.

  2. #2
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #3
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I started my training. I did a 50 miler last week and a 60 miler the week before. What I need to do is get in a bunch of 20's during the week and then longer ones on the weekend.

    http://www.280dude.com/2013/09/02/th...started-today/

  4. #4
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #5
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,009
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my best advice to riding a hundi is get some GOOD bibs shorts and manage your foods. Check chainlove for Castelli stuff they sell from $60 to $90 on bibs or go over to competitive cyclist (owners of CHainlove) and shop around. You can never have too many good shorts considering the amount of time is spent on theses machines, the dollar spent is the best you can do for yourself which will keep you going.

  6. #6
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    my best advice to riding a hundi is get some GOOD bibs shorts and manage your foods. Check chainlove for Castelli stuff they sell from $60 to $90 on bibs or go over to competitive cyclist (owners of CHainlove) and shop around. You can never have too many good shorts considering the amount of time is spent on theses machines, the dollar spent is the best you can do for yourself which will keep you going.
    I agree. I have one pair of GOOD shorts and two more cheap pairs. I'm going to wear the cheap ones on my shorter rides and my one good pair on the longer rides unless I think I need a bit more padding that day. I think I'll get a pair of good bibs as you suggested, good call.

    As for nutrition that's what I feel I have the most under control. It's what has allowed me to go from 300lbs around Thanksgiving to 225, what I am now with only a bit of bike time.

  7. #7
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,009
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I meant food while on the bike. Pending pace/grade, you can burn from 600-1100 cals per hr on the bike but your body can only digest 300-400cals per hr. With longer rides, at some point you will hit that wall where your body will be using stored calories to fuel the ride. The more you get used to hitting the wall, the easier it gets riding longer on the bike. For me that is around the 6hr mark. So ideally you eat easy to digest foods, but packed with the right type of stuff you need on your rides. And also learn to eat while on the bike, on demand.

  8. #8
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    Sorry I meant food while on the bike. Pending pace/grade, you can burn from 600-1100 cals per hr on the bike but your body can only digest 300-400cals per hr. With longer rides, at some point you will hit that wall where your body will be using stored calories to fuel the ride. The more you get used to hitting the wall, the easier it gets riding longer on the bike. For me that is around the 6hr mark. So ideally you eat easy to digest foods, but packed with the right type of stuff you need on your rides. And also learn to eat while on the bike, on demand.
    Ah, ok. I'm practicing this now and even yesterday on a 30 mile ride I forced myself to stop and eat a half bar of what I've picked out every 10-15 miles. I am also forcing myself to drink fluids because I often forget. I've mapped out our 100 mile route and I am going to define stop points that forces us to give consideration to the things you mentioned. For all but one of us this will be a new distance and we need to make sure we take care of ourselves early in the ride to make sure it is enjoyable the entire distance.

  9. #9
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    Sorry I meant food while on the bike. Pending pace/grade, you can burn from 600-1100 cals per hr on the bike but your body can only digest 300-400cals per hr. With longer rides, at some point you will hit that wall where your body will be using stored calories to fuel the ride. The more you get used to hitting the wall, the easier it gets riding longer on the bike. For me that is around the 6hr mark. So ideally you eat easy to digest foods, but packed with the right type of stuff you need on your rides. And also learn to eat while on the bike, on demand.
    Going with this a bit more.... While on a 100k event they had support tents setup about every 10 miles. It was huge in that I got off the bike and ate what they had in the little cups. They had raisins, m&m's, cashews and some other things. I don't know if that is a typical mix or not. If so I could easily make up a batch of that and have them in a little pouch on my handlebars and every 5 miles have just a bit of it. You mentioned only being able to digest 300-400 cals per hour and I'm sure there is a difference in you ingest all those cals at once or if you trickle feed them into your stomach. Thoughts on that?

  10. #10
    Senior Member MikeRides's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where the Detour takes me
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Detour 4.5
    Posts
    661
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're the first person I've read about that's attempting a century on a Hybrid (maybe I don't read enough on this forum though), I wish you luck!!

    Regarding rest stops, I think 10-15 mile increments are too close together to schedule breaks, for 100 miles I would count on riding at least 25 mile increments. Even if you're out of shape like myself, you should be able to ride 25 miles without a break with the right amount of training beforehand. That's still 4 breaks between point A to B. When I rode my first half century, I didn't stop once on the way out, when I turned around at mile 25 I stopped for a bite to eat and to refill water bottles.
    "Just ride it until the wheels fall off!"

  11. #11
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRides View Post
    You're the first person I've read about that's attempting a century on a Hybrid (maybe I don't read enough on this forum though), I wish you luck!!

    Regarding rest stops, I think 10-15 mile increments are too close together to schedule breaks, for 100 miles I would count on riding at least 25 mile increments. Even if you're out of shape like myself, you should be able to ride 25 miles without a break with the right amount of training beforehand. That's still 4 breaks between point A to B. When I rode my first half century, I didn't stop once on the way out, when I turned around at mile 25 I stopped for a bite to eat and to refill water bottles.
    My friend Marni is doing this on her recumbent! Fear is what is driving me to stop more frequently. It isn't doing 25 miles without stopping it is doing the LAST 25 miles without bonking, etc. You may be right though, 10 miles may be WAY too frequently but what's the downside? Taking longer to get there is largest issue. Maybe 15 miles is best. Again fear is a powerful thing and I'll have to take the temperature of the group to see how their fitness is, etc.

  12. #12
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRides View Post
    You're the first person I've read about that's attempting a century on a Hybrid (maybe I don't read enough on this forum though), I wish you luck!!
    On this note this time next year I'll be purchasing a road bike. It will be something to see the difference in effort it will take to do the various distances. Will I be able to do wheelies for 100 miles on a road bike with the same effort it takes to do it on my hybrid?

  13. #13
    Getting older and slower!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    My Bikes
    Trek Domane 6 series Project One, Trek Madone 6.9, Trek XO1
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you are riding the Little Miami Trail. Nice!

  14. #14
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cychologist View Post
    Looks like you are riding the Little Miami Trail. Nice!
    Yes we are! Want to join in? It's open to anybody as long as you realize we are turtles.

  15. #15
    Senior Member ill.clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    My Bikes
    2012 Kona Jake, 2009 Trek 1.2, 1997 Trek 6700
    Posts
    2,004
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    If so I could easily make up a batch of that and have them in a little pouch on my handlebars and every 5 miles have just a bit of it. You mentioned only being able to digest 300-400 cals per hour and I'm sure there is a difference in you ingest all those cals at once or if you trickle feed them into your stomach. Thoughts on that?
    Google "bicycle bento box" .... nice little place to put things like what you're talking about within reach ... AND not have to stop

    That said, stopping now and then is a good thing. Usually 20-25 miles. Any shorter and I would feel like I'm not getting into a rhythym or have any kind of momentum.

    But to each their own.

    Don't overthink the eating thing. Don't gorge yourself but don't starve yourself either.

    I did a 56 mile ride last month, supported, and I didn't carry any food with me on the bike, just fluids. At the first break I had half of a turkey and cheese sandwich (I know my body responds favorably to proteins on a ride), a chocolate chip cookie and a banana. At the second stop I took a handful of grapes and a banana.

    EDIT to add I started my day with a coffee energy drink and a package of bellvita biscuits.

    That said, don't "introduce" new foods into a routine on the day of a ride. There's a potential for gastro distress if you eat something that doesn't agree with you.

  16. #16
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,883
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every 10 miles!

    oy.

    The last century that a group of us clydes did out here (Aug 17 - Cool Breeze) we skipped the rest stop at 15 miles and stopped at the 30 mile rest stop. Unless you need to urinate or are out of water I don't see the point in stopping that early.

    The next stop was at 50 miles or so, then 70 miles and then 85 miles. That last stop was very welcome.

    I see people doing centuries on hybrids all the time. They're not the folks blasting past me in a paceline but they get the job done.

    Get to the point where you're riding 300+ miles in each of the preceding months and have done at least one 80 mile ride and your century should be entirely doable. I don't think it matters if you follow one of those very precise training plans unless you're attempting to set some sort of PR.

  17. #17
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ill.clyde View Post
    Google "bicycle bento box" .... nice little place to put things like what you're talking about within reach ... AND not have to stop

    That said, stopping now and then is a good thing. Usually 20-25 miles. Any shorter and I would feel like I'm not getting into a rhythym or have any kind of momentum.

    But to each their own.

    Don't overthink the eating thing. Don't gorge yourself but don't starve yourself either.

    I did a 56 mile ride last month, supported, and I didn't carry any food with me on the bike, just fluids. At the first break I had half of a turkey and cheese sandwich (I know my body responds favorably to proteins on a ride), a chocolate chip cookie and a banana. At the second stop I took a handful of grapes and a banana.

    EDIT to add I started my day with a coffee energy drink and a package of bellvita biscuits.

    That said, don't "introduce" new foods into a routine on the day of a ride. There's a potential for gastro distress if you eat something that doesn't agree with you.
    I'll take a peek at that, thanks. I've heard of people introducing new foods and having an issue so I'm practicing my food even when I don't really need to.

    As this will be a new distance for most of us, previously having only done 60+ that's why we are considering stopping more frequently. However based on everybody's comments maybe we will reevaluate.

  18. #18
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    Every 10 miles!

    oy.

    The last century that a group of us clydes did out here (Aug 17 - Cool Breeze) we skipped the rest stop at 15 miles and stopped at the 30 mile rest stop. Unless you need to urinate or are out of water I don't see the point in stopping that early.

    The next stop was at 50 miles or so, then 70 miles and then 85 miles. That last stop was very welcome.

    I see people doing centuries on hybrids all the time. They're not the folks blasting past me in a paceline but they get the job done.

    Get to the point where you're riding 300+ miles in each of the preceding months and have done at least one 80 mile ride and your century should be entirely doable. I don't think it matters if you follow one of those very precise training plans unless you're attempting to set some sort of PR.
    You mentioned "last century", this is our "first century" and is a stretch. So maybe not every 10 miles but maybe 15? 20? Our goal is to arrive in a reasonable amount of time. We also want to weight doing the distance with "able to do it". Meaning if all one has ever done is 10 mile outings I don't think trying to ride with the group is the best option. We have a mph goal in mind and we think it is reasonable.

  19. #19
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    Get to the point where you're riding 300+ miles in each of the preceding months and have done at least one 80 mile ride and your century should be entirely doable. I don't think it matters if you follow one of those very precise training plans unless you're attempting to set some sort of PR.
    It's about 1 month away. I think the point still stands, get in the miles during the week with longer rides on the weekend and I'm pretty sure I'll personally do just fine. The fear of the new distance is the thing.

  20. #20
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,009
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    You mentioned only being able to digest 300-400 cals per hour and I'm sure there is a difference in you ingest all those cals at once or if you trickle feed them into your stomach. Thoughts on that?
    Correct so if you ate 600 cals of something at one rest stop. Very good chance is that you will carry 40-50% of that into the 2nd hour to digest. Then as you add more foods in those timed increments, you digest it slowly and can't get enough of that food turned into fuel becoming counter productive and in the big picture can slow you down. Slowing down = more time on the saddle = more time to feel like $hit. Good n bad pending how you look at it. This is why you see most foods at the 100-250cals per package mark.

    I think counting on tricking snack foods in the ride is allot harder then say eating every 20-30 mins. You will find yourself eating more then riding the bike. You will find eating on scheduled intervals for 7-9hrs is hard mentally on solo or group rides where there isn't posted sag stops. If you miss the tricking method for say 1hr during the 3-5hr ride time mark, you are putting yourself in the hole faster and in a very bad way at a very bad time.

    This is my general guideline that works for me on my endurance events (greater then 6hrs). Yours may vary, but the fundamentals might similar. I've done a few stupid long MTB races to try this on and find it's not a bike race, its a nutrition race.

  21. #21
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    Correct so if you ate 600 cals of something at one rest stop. Very good chance is that you will carry 40-50% of that into the 2nd hour to digest. Then as you add more foods in those timed increments, you digest it slowly and can't get enough of that food turned into fuel becoming counter productive and in the big picture can slow you down. Slowing down = more time on the saddle = more time to feel like $hit. Good n bad pending how you look at it. This is why you see most foods at the 100-250cals per package mark.

    I think counting on tricking snack foods in the ride is allot harder then say eating every 20-30 mins. You will find yourself eating more then riding the bike. You will find eating on scheduled intervals for 7-9hrs is hard mentally on solo or group rides where there isn't posted sag stops. If you miss the tricking method for say 1hr during the 3-5hr ride time mark, you are putting yourself in the hole faster and in a very bad way at a very bad time.

    This is my general guideline that works for me on my endurance events (greater then 6hrs). Yours may vary, but the fundamentals might similar. I've done a few stupid long MTB races to try this on and find it's not a bike race, its a nutrition race.
    I think the nutrition race is a key phrase and concept. The good thing here is that every 25 miles it works out that there is a landmark that is common for bikes to stop. Those are the points I've put on our map to say "We are 100% going to stop here to make sure we have fluids, etc".

    As far as trickeling the food I was going to do that while on the bike but you hit a concern of mine and that is accidentally over-eating. Don't want to do that either. I have a nutrition set that for fast-absorption and I'm going to try during training. I'll make a post about it for the crowd's review.

    Another thing that is important that we sort of already chatted about in this thread is the fitness. Sure it's a nutrition race but that assumes your body and mind can do the distance even under ideal conditions. Only previously done 10 miles and struggled to do that? No amount of nutrition is going to allow you to do the 100 miles without being under very very extreme duress. So.... coupled with getting my body and mind ready to do the distance, which included nutrition, I have to make sure that the day before, morning of and in-progess nutrition is in place. Post-ride I'll be drinking beer and eating German food so that's taken care of!

  22. #22
    Getting older and slower!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    My Bikes
    Trek Domane 6 series Project One, Trek Madone 6.9, Trek XO1
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    Yes we are! Want to join in? It's open to anybody as long as you realize we are turtles.

    Thanks, but it's a bit of a drive. I have a brother that lives in Lebanon and have ridden many miles on that great trail. Well maintained, flat, scenic, but too busy to ride a constant 16-18 mph pace.

  23. #23
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,009
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    Another thing that is important that we sort of already chatted about in this thread is the fitness. Sure it's a nutrition race but that assumes your body and mind can do the distance even under ideal conditions. Only previously done 10 miles and struggled to do that? No amount of nutrition is going to allow you to do the 100 miles without being under very very extreme duress. So.... coupled with getting my body and mind ready to do the distance, which included nutrition, I have to make sure that the day before, morning of and in-progess nutrition is in place. Post-ride I'll be drinking beer and eating German food so that's taken care of!
    fitness stuff...iduno about that, when I was a newb, I bought a new roadie in 05' w/o knowing squat other then what size I should fit on. Then less than an hr later joined group a work friend on a roadie ride and also first day with clip less..... 56 miles n 1900ft of climbing one my FIRST DAY. I was starving after that day, had a clipless tip over where my chain ring dug into my leg and got 3stitches to stop the bleeding. The next weekend I did a 60 some mile ride w/ my leg bandaged up. Figured if I can do that the 1st day, why not ride 60 mile every weekend? Right? I was 248lbs when I bought that bike. Fitness? Genetics? Will power? You might surprise yourself w/ the outcome if you only try.

  24. #24
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,883
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderMonkey View Post
    You mentioned "last century", this is our "first century" and is a stretch. So maybe not every 10 miles but maybe 15? 20? Our goal is to arrive in a reasonable amount of time. We also want to weight doing the distance with "able to do it". Meaning if all one has ever done is 10 mile outings I don't think trying to ride with the group is the best option. We have a mph goal in mind and we think it is reasonable.
    We had two newbies with us, both of whom proved to be pretty strong riders. I think every 10 miles is excessive EARLY in the ride but by all means, if that works for you then go for it.

    No fear though, you'll be able to do it.

  25. #25
    Senior Member WonderMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Vandalia OH
    My Bikes
    2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,300
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    fitness stuff...iduno about that, when I was a newb, I bought a new roadie in 05' w/o knowing squat other then what size I should fit on. Then less than an hr later joined group a work friend on a roadie ride and also first day with clip less..... 56 miles n 1900ft of climbing one my FIRST DAY. I was starving after that day, had a clipless tip over where my chain ring dug into my leg and got 3stitches to stop the bleeding. The next weekend I did a 60 some mile ride w/ my leg bandaged up. Figured if I can do that the 1st day, why not ride 60 mile every weekend? Right? I was 248lbs when I bought that bike. Fitness? Genetics? Will power? You might surprise yourself w/ the outcome if you only try.
    I have a pretty good capacity for increasing fitness as long as I get even close to some time in the activity. I usually worry too much about being able to do "something" then have no problem doing it.

    Actually one of the gauges I use to determine my fitness is not actually doing the activity but how well I recover from it. If it takes me days to recover I wasn't in the proper shape to do it in the first place. Still happy I did it but I would have extended myself to do so. Right now I can recover from 40 milers no problem though my rump isn't there yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •