A great year for me on the bike(s).
- Managed 3,727 miles, after years in the 2,000-2,500 range.
- Fastest century ever: 5:29 on a rolling course, averaging 18.4
- over 400 miles fixed
- overall, my averages are up about 25%, speed-wise, over two years ago
- longest ride ever: 132 miles with some buddies, for my birthday
- one crash, caused by a runner (who was playing that Tiger song, loud enough for me to hear) cutting me off. Was riding fixed, and it was low-speed, so no biggie.
- encountered some very cool wildlife
More to the point, enjoyed the camaraderie of cyclists in-person and here, and the joy of getting out.
Hopefully it's worked out well for all here. Here's to a happy and safe 2014.