Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 126
  1. #26
    [IMG]http://i4.photobucke jeepseahawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Inland Empire, CA
    Posts
    737
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    Bah, it's a clyde (and athena) ride, not a race. We're trying to get PhotoJoe to go so you're not last anyway so come on out.
    Put me down as a maybe, can anyone get Beanz to come along? My biggest elevation gain this year is SART underpass and I felt them.

  2. #27
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepseahawk View Post
    Put me down as a maybe, can anyone get Beanz to come along? My biggest elevation gain this year is SART underpass and I felt them.
    I honestly don't know how to contact him - he fell off the map last.. what, August? When he got banned. I used to follow him on Strava but he booted me and set him self to private.

    If you just need somebody to talk your ear off we can arrange a substitute.

  3. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And JeapSea, don't worry-if you plan on riding the rear, you'll have plenty of company. I'm as slow as Molasses going up hill, but I am working on that too
    "I had this baby hand made in Tuscany, from titanium blessed by the pope. It weighs less than a fart, and costs more than a divorce..."

  4. #29
    Senior Member tunavic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    My Bikes
    '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepseahawk View Post
    Put me down as a maybe, can anyone get Beanz to come along? My biggest elevation gain this year is SART underpass and I felt them.
    Try here: Mr. Beanz And His Bike Rides

    Jeep are you still a member of RWBTC? I don't think we've met but I'm often on the breakfast rides on Sundays.

  5. #30
    [IMG]http://i4.photobucke jeepseahawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Inland Empire, CA
    Posts
    737
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunavic View Post
    Try here: Mr. Beanz And His Bike Rides

    Jeep are you still a member of RWBTC? I don't think we've met but I'm often on the breakfast rides on Sundays.
    Still a member but don't ride with them, used to do the breakfast ride all the time two years ago.

  6. #31
    Just Keep Pedaling Beachgrad05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lakewood, CA
    My Bikes
    99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 11 Trek 7.2 FX WSD, 12 Trek 4.5 Madone, 14 Bianchi Vigarelli
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The Great GMR Crash Race Replacement Ride of 2014

    Hey PJ - I am bringing that kit for the Mrs as long as Lisa gives to me or I remember to remind her to give to me for PhotoJoanne
    Move along....nothing to see here....anymore.

  7. #32
    Just Plain Slow PhotoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230
    Posts
    4,128
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks BG. I'm a "possible" for the ride. Trying to work out the schedule. Stay tuned.
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not the sport for you!

  8. #33
    Just Keep Pedaling Beachgrad05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lakewood, CA
    My Bikes
    99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 11 Trek 7.2 FX WSD, 12 Trek 4.5 Madone, 14 Bianchi Vigarelli
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The Great GMR Crash Race Replacement Ride of 2014

    Cool! Hope you can make it!
    Move along....nothing to see here....anymore.

  9. #34
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJoe View Post
    Thanks BG. I'm a "possible" for the ride. Trying to work out the schedule. Stay tuned.
    You thought I was trying to kill you at that crash recovery ride, wait till BG gets ahold of you at GMR!

    My son just changed soccer clubs and suddenly has games again on the weekends... I'm holding firm so far on "Already had the ride planned, sorry" line for Saturday. I'm reasonably certain he'll have more games I can attend.

    Plan A is to ride to GMR, loaf up to the village, make a foolish attempt on the lifts and then ride back the way we came. Any other nutjobs in the audience?

    I really might not survive this one, but I have to be in shape for the Great Tramway Lunch Challenge of 2014. Baldy Lifts and back - A bike ride in L.A., CA
    Last edited by TrojanHorse; 03-16-14 at 02:34 PM.

  10. #35
    Just Keep Pedaling Beachgrad05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lakewood, CA
    My Bikes
    99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 11 Trek 7.2 FX WSD, 12 Trek 4.5 Madone, 14 Bianchi Vigarelli
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will only be doing to the shack as I have to get to Costa Mesa
    Move along....nothing to see here....anymore.

  11. #36
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, as long as you harangue photojoe the whole way up. I'll take over any required haranguing at the shack. He clearly doesn't respond to gentle persuasion and needs "tough love"

  12. #37
    Just Keep Pedaling Beachgrad05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lakewood, CA
    My Bikes
    99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 11 Trek 7.2 FX WSD, 12 Trek 4.5 Madone, 14 Bianchi Vigarelli
    Posts
    2,052
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    OK, as long as you harangue photojoe the whole way up. I'll take over any required haranguing at the shack. He clearly doesn't respond to gentle persuasion and needs "tough love"
    Deal!
    Move along....nothing to see here....anymore.

  13. #38
    Just Plain Slow PhotoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230
    Posts
    4,128
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    OK, as long as you harangue photojoe the whole way up. I'll take over any required haranguing at the shack. He clearly doesn't respond to gentle persuasion and needs "tough love"
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachgrad05 View Post
    Deal!



    I doubt either of you are slow enough to "harangue" me past the gate.
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not the sport for you!

  14. #39
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJoe View Post
    I doubt either of you are slow enough to "harangue" me past the gate.
    You know the switchbacks? We'll harangue from above.

  15. #40
    Just Plain Slow PhotoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230
    Posts
    4,128
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    You know the switchbacks? We'll harangue from above.
    And would you PLEASE stop using the word "harangue"? Makes me want either chocolate or lemon pie!
    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not the sport for you!

  16. #41
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,013
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJoe View Post
    And would you PLEASE stop using the word "harangue"? Makes me want either chocolate or lemon pie!
    sorry but none left....here's the cake I made for my bday last week. Cheesecake sandwiched in red velvet, wrapped in whipped cheesecake frosting & topped with caramel and ferroche chocolates


    red velvet cheesecake by jsig1, on Flickr
    Last edited by jsigone; 03-17-14 at 02:47 PM.

  17. #42
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJoe View Post
    And would you PLEASE stop using the word "harangue"? Makes me want either chocolate or lemon pie!
    My daughter selected a german chocolate pie for my birthday pie Saturday night. Woo! I say selected instead of bought because, well, you know how these things work.

    But ok - instead of "harangue" we'll just throw rocks. Works for me.

  18. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    783
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    sorry but none left....here's the cake I made for my bday last week. Cheesecake sandwiched in red velvet, wrapped in whipped cheesecake frosting & topped with caramel and ferroche chocolates


    red velvet cheesecake by jsig1, on Flickr
    Cheesecake AND red velvet?!?!?! Darn@@@!!! That looks like 5000 calories in that one slice! Must have been delicious!!
    "I had this baby hand made in Tuscany, from titanium blessed by the pope. It weighs less than a fart, and costs more than a divorce..."

  19. #44
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,013
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwin8r View Post
    Cheesecake AND red velvet?!?!?! Darn@@@!!! That looks like 5000 calories in that one slice! Must have been delicious!!

    dude it was AWESOME!! Was the 2nd time I made cheesecake and nailed it pretty well on this round (first attempt last week had bit too much lemon zest so I took it to work for the vultures to devour). Everything on the final cake was moist and tasty.

    Calories...what calories you can't count that stuff baking these thing...but the skill set I'm acquiring is very dangerous!!!

  20. #45
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    dude it was AWESOME!! Was the 2nd time I made cheesecake and nailed it pretty well on this round (first attempt last week had bit too much lemon zest so I took it to work for the vultures to devour). Everything on the final cake was moist and tasty.

    Calories...what calories you can't count that stuff baking these thing...but the skill set I'm acquiring is very dangerous!!!
    You coming Saturday? This thread is for riders, not bakers.

    If you'd like to ramp up the challenge level, you can park in seal beach and ride SGRT up to Azusa and then head over to GMR.

  21. #46
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,013
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    You coming Saturday? This thread is for riders, not bakers.

    If you'd like to ramp up the challenge level, you can park in seal beach and ride SGRT up to Azusa and then head over to GMR.
    isn't that like 40 miles each way? I'd have to be rolling by 6:00 - 6:15 to make it to the base of GMR by 8.....iduno what you're trying to talk me into buddy

  22. #47
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    isn't that like 40 miles each way? I'd have to be rolling by 6:00 - 6:15 to make it to the base of GMR by 8.....iduno what you're trying to talk me into buddy
    If you can do this in 1:45 then you are my new hero but yes, here's the route for you: Jeff's ride to GMR - A bike ride in Seal Beach, CA



    You said you needed to ride further than you drive to the ride, just trying to help. I'll be riding from my house (takes just under 2 hours for me to go the required 28 miles or so... I pick up SGRT at Beverly just south of the 60)

  23. #48
    got the climbing bug jsigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    one for everything
    Posts
    7,013
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    If you can do this in 1:45 then you are my new hero but yes, here's the route for you: Jeff's ride to GMR - A bike ride in Seal Beach, CA



    You said you needed to ride further than you drive to the ride, just trying to help. I'll be riding from my house (takes just under 2 hours for me to go the required 28 miles or so... I pick up SGRT at Beverly just south of the 60)

    hummm I think that challenge might be over my head, there must be something I don't know about the SART. Strava Segment | San Gabriel River - Seal Beach to Azusa Canyon

    There are no street crossing on the SART is there? Why can't someone hold 20+ the whole way?

    I'm still working out the permission pass from my wife to get out all day on saturday....crossing fingers

  24. #49
    SuperGimp TrojanHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix, Merlin Road, Bianchi Campione
    Posts
    7,886
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsigone View Post
    hummm I think that challenge might be over my head, there must be something I don't know about the SART. Strava Segment | San Gabriel River - Seal Beach to Azusa Canyon

    There are no street crossing on the SART is there? Why can't someone hold 20+ the whole way?

    I'm still working out the permission pass from my wife to get out all day on saturday....crossing fingers
    That's SGRT btw, not SART. I suppose you could if you were a heap big strong rider - note that only one person has an average over 20 on that strava segment you found. There are one or two places you'd have to slow down but for the most part it's classic put-your-head-down riding. There are a couple parks on the way up too, you cloud pick a different starting spot.

    Depending on the time of day the prevailing winds are usually from the beach, but it's usually calm early in the mornings.

  25. #50
    Just Plain Slow PhotoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R230
    Posts
    4,128
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanHorse View Post
    Depending on the time of day the prevailing winds are usually from the beach, but it's usually calm early in the mornings.
    So, if I'm reading this right, in the morning, when you're fresh, you may or may not have a tail-wind. In the afternoon, after a long ride to get to the beginning of a long uphill ride (shack), then a longer uphill ride(village), then an insane uphill ride(lifts), followed by an uphill ride to get back down (I still don't get how you can ride up all the way to the village then have to ride up to get out), you get to ride back to your car with a head-wind when you're....um...."not fresh". Sounds like a good time to me!

    If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not the sport for you!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •