Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bowie Texas
    My Bikes
    Origin-8 Lactic Acid & Giant Escape 2
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I too have added a road bike to my stable

    I found what I think was a good deal on a road bike. I had almost no luck finding out much about it before I went to look at it. Its a shop built bike using Origin8 Lactic Acid frame. I did find out it is J&B's "house brand" frame. It was built using a FSA tripple crank and 105 Shimano components. The owner had had it built and rode it in the Hotter than Hell race last summer. He later had a fit done and was told it was a little too big for him. He is a little smaller than me and it seems to fit me fine. He had some expensive wheels on it so he switched them with the wheels on his new Giant TCR. The frame sells on the internet for $1350-$1400. I gave a little over half that for the bike.

    I have put over 100 miles on it this week and am really liking it. I have no plans to get rid of my Giant Escape but it may gather a little dust from time to time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Zoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis!
    My Bikes
    Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a good buy on a fun ride. Needs more pictures.
    -----
    2008 Giant Cypress DX
    2009 Bianchi Imola
    2013 Surly Cross Check 105

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    SW ONTARIO
    My Bikes
    P1 6Series Domane
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new bike, enjoy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bowie Texas
    My Bikes
    Origin-8 Lactic Acid & Giant Escape 2
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoxe View Post
    Sounds like a good buy on a fun ride. Needs more pictures.
    Could someone point me in the right direction on sharing pictures? I know they have to be stored somewhere and then the address put in the message with some other code but that's about it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Carlyle
    My Bikes
    2014 Trek Domane 5.2 2013 Trek 7.3, 1973 Schwinn Continental, 1967 AMF Hercules
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXsailor View Post
    Could someone point me in the right direction on sharing pictures? I know they have to be stored somewhere and then the address put in the message with some other code but that's about it.
    On most bulletin boards, while writing/editing your post you can go to manage attachment, Upload and Attach.

    Sometimes the file is too large so you may have to shrink the file. The easiest way that i have found is to go to Paint in your Program file (Start>Program>Accessories>Paint>Images>stretch scew) I usually reduce to 25 pct of horizontal and vertical.

  6. #6
    Senior Member spdracr39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Cabot, Arkansas
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek Madone 5.2, 2012 Giant Composite XTC 29er 1, 2014 Specialized Dolce Sport, (2) 2014 Trek 7.1FX, 2014 Electra Townie 7D
    Posts
    540
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGM411 View Post
    On most bulletin boards, while writing/editing your post you can go to manage attachment, Upload and Attach.

    Sometimes the file is too large so you may have to shrink the file. The easiest way that i have found is to go to Paint in your Program file (Start>Program>Accessories>Paint>Images>stretch scew) I usually reduce to 25 pct of horizontal and vertical.
    using this procedure your can post them straight from your computer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •