I am 6ft. 1in. and as of starting last week was 309 I am down 9lbs in the first week riding as much as I can. My legs are killing me and my lower back sucks... lol. But I am really committed to the bike. After having once been 165 lbs. when I was in the army its hard to not be able to run but the bike has been a godsend. Am really hoping you guys have some advice for a fat guy getting started in cycling.
1. fat guy bike shorts? cant seem to find any...
2. take a look at my bike and offer any advice...
3. anything i can do to not feel like my seat is beating me to death? I feel like i just escaped a russian prison.
4. There are alot of cyclists in my area but im nervous to seek them out until I feel like my fitness will allow me to not be a hinderance if we ride together.
5. any fitness drills, etc. that i can do when off the bike to help my performance on.
6. Any recommendations in general to help me out... I know alot of people see a new guy to riding (especially a fat one) and assume they are not going to see it through but I am committed to this and would appreciate any help you can give to alleviate some of the pain upfront.
I never would have dreamed that there was a group of people out there specifically talking about big guys trying to cycle... Thanks in advance for taking a couple seconds... - J.T.