Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    LET'S RIDE!! IndianaRecRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    My Bikes
    2013 Fuji Absolute 1.4
    Posts
    692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Shrinking a jersey

    ( If the powers that be believe that this belongs in the "general" forum, please transfer it over to there. However, since a Clyde is asking the question and it involves a Clyde sized jersey, I figured I'd ask it here first. )

    What is the best way, assuming of course that there even IS a way, to shrink a jersey?

    Was given a XXXL jersey by my brother and while (for now anyways) a XXXL is the right size for me, this one is a little baggy. With this (new) journey I've undertaken to lose weight, this jersey will only get baggier as the pounds come off. I don't want to hurt my brother's feelings by not wearing it, but I just don't like how it fits me at the moment.

    I'm hoping there's some way to shrink it a little bit without damaging it. If anyone has any tips, suggestions and/or comments, I'd sure appreciate hearing them. Thanks is advance.

    Never too soon to start training for the 2015 Chicagoland Tour de Cure... http://main.diabetes.org/goto/Adams_TdC_Page


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A) More chocolate
    B) Lose a bunch of weight quickly, frame the jersey, hang it on the wall and thank your brother for the inspiration to lose weight.

    Either way, problem solved, and brother not offended.


    C)....to show I'm not a total wiseass..... How To Shrink Polyester Spandex Made Man

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Victoria, B.C. Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek 7.3 WSD
    Posts
    303
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can shrink your jersey unless it's made from cotton or wool. Synthetics don't shrink in my experience. You could get it altered though.

    Karen
    2013 Trek 7.3 WSD

    Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, AND MENTAL states.

  4. #4
    Senior Member 1speeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    My Bikes
    2005 Bianchi Freccia Celeste, 2006 Salsa Dos Niner, 2011 Niner Jet 9, 2012 Marin Team CXR 29er, 2013 Rocky Mountain 950 Element, 2013 Jamis Coda Comp, 1993 Santana Rio, 1996 Santana Sovereign
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of my jersey's don't fit or fit tight, I blamed my wife but then realized my leather belt was also out a notch or two

    Riding to lose weight,
    Mike

  5. #5
    LET'S RIDE!! IndianaRecRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    My Bikes
    2013 Fuji Absolute 1.4
    Posts
    692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeAnon View Post
    A) More chocolate

    B) Lose a bunch of weight quickly, frame the jersey, hang it on the wall and thank your brother for the inspiration to lose weight.

    Either way, problem solved, and brother not offended.


    C)....to show I'm not a total wiseass..... How To Shrink Polyester Spandex Made Man
    Option A wouldn't be hard to accomplish....at least today anyways. All those chocolate bunnies just waiting to be devoured. Think there may even be a bunny or two around my place.

    Option B just might work. I like it.

    Option C sounds pretty simple. Think I'll give it a try later on today.



    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

    Never too soon to start training for the 2015 Chicagoland Tour de Cure... http://main.diabetes.org/goto/Adams_TdC_Page


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Kingston, Ontario, Canada
    My Bikes
    Trek FX 7.2 Disc, Trek Domane 4 Series Carbon
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaRecRider View Post
    Option A wouldn't be hard to accomplish....at least today anyways. All those chocolate bunnies just waiting to be devoured. Think there may even be a bunny or two around my place.

    Option B just might work. I like it.

    Option C sounds pretty simple. Think I'll give it a try later on today.



    Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

    If you do try that method, please let me know your outcome. I'm looking to do the same, but my wife's mother recommended against that method, and she's all up fabrics and sewing and whatnot.

  7. #7
    LET'S RIDE!! IndianaRecRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    My Bikes
    2013 Fuji Absolute 1.4
    Posts
    692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatCartmill View Post
    If you do try that method, please let me know your outcome. I'm looking to do the same, but my wife's mother recommended against that method, and she's all up fabrics and sewing and whatnot.
    Well, didn't get a chance until this morning to give this a try. Didn't work. Sent it thru the washer and dryer twice, and there was no change in the fit either time. Guess I'll just wear it as is.

    Never too soon to start training for the 2015 Chicagoland Tour de Cure... http://main.diabetes.org/goto/Adams_TdC_Page


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •