Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Tires on my T800

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Tires on my T800

Old 06-25-05, 10:50 AM
Slow & Steady

Bikes: Cannondale T800

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tires on my T800

I've gone from pleasure riding in the far suburbs (where the traffic was dangerous but the roads were fine) to commuting and pleasure riding in-town (where the drivers are more courteous but the roads are crap). I'm starting to get concerned that my stock tires on my 2004 Cannondale T800 aren't going to stand up to the broken glass, miscellaneous debris, and general abuse to which they are now subjected.

I know nothing about wheels and tires. I assume one number is the diameter and one number is the width; but I don't know which tires can go on which wheels and what makes more sense for different conditions. The Bontrager Hardcases look like a good option, but the numbers don't exactly match what I currently have.

I welcome any advice and suggestions, no matter how condescending or patronizing.

Joshua
Old 06-26-05, 08:04 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Hi Joshua.

I have 700x32 Panaracer Pasela Tour Guard (kevlar) tires on my commuter. Mike at Intown Bicycles recommended them when I bought my Jamis last December. He has them on his commuter.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.