So, I want to start a commuting game of some sort. It's mostly just spotting annoying drivers, but I'd like some feedback/advice from other commuters on how to score it.
My thinking is this: have a score list of driver offenses, and keep score as you see them.
For example, like:
- 1 point for: driver talking on a cell phone
- 2 points for: vehicle parked in a bike lane
- 3 points for: police officer driving while talking on a cell phone
Other scoring possiblities:
- Driver not signalling before turning in front of you
- Vehicle not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign
- Drivers honking/yelling at you (bonus points for what is said: get on the sidewalk, reference to Lance, etc)
- Vehicle speeding past to turn right/left in front of you
- Vehicle annoyingly stopping at a stop sign when it's not their turn to stop, forcing you to stop
- Pedestrian coming within 3 feet of walking into you while jaywalking
- Getting doored/coming within 2 feet (or so) of getting doored)
- Having garbage thrown at/near you
There probably shouldn't be TOO many scoring things, as it's hard to remember and keep track while riding.
Now, I commute in the city, so I'd like to have things to see that more rural commuters would see often as well and figure out fair scoring. We can track records for areas with most/points per mile, most total points, etc.
Also, the game needs a fun name. I can't think of anything clever with "commute" in the title.