I have an old set of Performance Viewpoint 6V halogen lights with a NiMH bottle battery. I think they were made by Marwi. The connection on the jack for the battery was getting flaky, so last night I soldered on a new jack from Radio Shack. I was tired and rushed and distracted and not wearing my glasses, so I did a lousy job. Also, I'm a poor solderer in the best of conditions. Anyhoo, did a bad job and the plug was shorted out. No sparks or flames because I discharged the battery before I did the "work".
Anyway, I didn't notice the plug was shorted (guess my brain was shorted), and I plugged into the charger and went to bed.
This morning, no charge, and no light on the charger. I think I've killed my charger.
What do I do now? The charger had some degree of "smarts", so I can't just improvise with a wall adaptor. I could buy another 6V Marwi setup off Ebay and have spares. Or maybe it's time to go HID.
I don't want to spend a ton of money. UGH.