Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Teaneck NJ
Bikes: Jamis Ranger 1.0 (Mutilated !!), Trek Portland
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new bike advise
Here are my requirements -
- Price range - around 1000 - 1200 dollars or so
- 32 miles round trip
- I am 6 ft tall and weigh 170 lbs
- Fairly wide butt !
- Need to haul my laptop and clothes everyday so don't care for weight so much
- I am fairly new to bicycling
- Probably between Trek and Jamis because I have a Trek LBS that I like and is on my way and I kindaa like their service. Another LBS is Jamis, but is way out of my regular route, and they only have an okay service. (I read somewhere on this forum that for my price range, pretty much all bikes are same. But a good LBS would be very helpful)
- I have been using my modified Jamis 1.0 Ranger but my chain is making lot of noises, and I need to get it fixed. And I am probably gonna put the fat tires back on for a bit riding around in cold and icy conditions.