I posted about three weeks ago in regards to finding Boston-specific commuters to interview for my senior thesis design project. While this did help me a lot (thanks to all who responded), I have some more general questions that are not area-specific, and more about equipment. Now I have developed this series of questions to be asked in an oral interview, so it is quite lengthy (takes a lot less time to do orally). Since it is quite lengthy I understand most won't want to take the time to fill it all out, so I would love for people to fill out whatever they want, as any information will help me (or if you are REALLY bored at work you could do them all!). Thanks!
1) What motivates you to commute by bike?
2) How often do you commute by bike?
3) Do you commute no matter what the weather?
4) How far is your commute?
5) Do you drive a car?
If so, how often?
6)Does your cycling supplement normal driving chores/trips?
7) What kind of bike do you commute with?
8) Approximately how much was it?
9) Why do you use the type of bike you do?
10) Do you ride a bike other then for commuting?
11) What kind of bike do you ride for your other riding?
12) How long have you been riding a bike?
13) What accessories do you use for commuting specifically?
14) Are there any accessories you would like? (That exist or don't exist)
15) How often do you perform maintenance on your bike?
16) Do you carry any supplies with you for repairs?
17) What do you carry with you on your commute?
How do you carry it?
18) Do you ride to work in your work clothes, or cycling clothes?
19) Do you keep hygienic supplies at at work?
20) Do you keep extra clothes and shoes at work?
21) How long is your bike unattended during a given work day?
22) Have you ever had a bike stolen?
23) Was the bike locked properly?
24) Was the lock cut/broken?
25) How do you feel about the general state of the commuter market today, are you satisfied with the products offered for commuters?
26) What factors do you feel keep potential commuters from commuting?