Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: New Belgium Ads

  1. #1
    Senior Member Jeffbeerman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wichita KS USA
    My Bikes
    Surly Crosscheck w Nexus 8 drivetrain set up as a commuter/tourer. Old and quick '89 Trek 1200. 08 Fisher Cobia 29er
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Belgium Ads

    http://newbelgium.com/spotsQT.php

    These are awesome. "Out for a spin" is my favorite.

  2. #2
    genec genec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    san diego
    My Bikes
    custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2
    Posts
    22,732
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffbeerman2 View Post
    http://newbelgium.com/spotsQT.php

    These are awesome. "Out for a spin" is my favorite.
    Aw man, that was just beautiful...

  3. #3
    Senior Member climbhoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Parker, CO
    My Bikes
    SS Surly Crosscheck; '91 Cannondale 3.0
    Posts
    1,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE origional New Belgium cruiser is on sale on the Denver Craigslist, FYI.

  4. #4
    tired donnamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Breezer Uptown 8, U frame
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They sponsor lots of bike fun events in cities all over the US. They're a very generous company.
    "Real wars of words are harder to win. They require thought, insight, precision, articulation, knowledge, and experience. They require the humility to admit when you are wrong. They recognize that the dialectic is not about making us look at you, but about us all looking together for the truth."

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    My Bikes
    A coupla Schwinns
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good stuff.. melikes the tinkerer. however, im still a bit upset they have eliminated Missoula from their traveling tour in favor of adding larger cities.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    My Bikes
    Rivendell Atlantis, 1988 Pinarello, Rivendell Wilbury (my wife's bike)
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it! Thanks for posting the links. Been drinking their brews for many years, but just had their 1554 for the first time recently. It was fantastic.

    Our local brewery (Boundary Bay Brewery in Bellingham, WA) is a major watering hole for cyclists of all types. In fact one of the bicycle paths leads right to it! They have a large bike rack for parking out front, where you often see old cruisers locked up alongside carbon fiber racers.

    Sean

  7. #7
    committed commuter tadaoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    paris
    My Bikes
    cannondale badboy 650 disc 2008
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome

    i need that tune in my ipod...

  8. #8
    Comfortably Numb! BA Commuter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East Jabip
    My Bikes
    Jamis Commuter 3.0
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me want to go for a long ride, then have a cold one!

    Thanks!
    “Cycling is like church. Many attend, but few understand." -Jim Burlant

    Jamis Commuter 3.0
    Raleigh R500
    Trek 800
    Dahon Boardwalk

  9. #9
    DNPAIMFB pinkrobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cowtown, AB
    My Bikes
    Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.
    Posts
    4,654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ads! I'm not a huge fan of Fat Tire [strong preference for Guinness, La Fin du Monde, etc.], but it's nice to see a beer company that supports cycling so enthusiastically.
    Proud Member of the HHCMF
    '06 Cervelo Soloist Carbon | '09 Titus El Guapo | '09 Misfit diSSent | '09 Wabi Lightning

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jeffbeerman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wichita KS USA
    My Bikes
    Surly Crosscheck w Nexus 8 drivetrain set up as a commuter/tourer. Old and quick '89 Trek 1200. 08 Fisher Cobia 29er
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    Great ads! I'm not a huge fan of Fat Tire [strong preference for Guinness, La Fin du Monde, etc.], but it's nice to see a beer company that supports cycling so enthusiastically.
    Seems like they have done a pretty good job of paying the bills with an interesting gateway craft. It's well made, though very uninspired. It is rare to find artists who "go commercial" and use the profits to continue to make other more interesting art, rather than just get super-rich by appealing to the masses. 1554 is one of the few truly unique styles in the last 15 years. For the last couple years in Wichita, 1554 is easier to find on tap than Fat Tire. NB Tripple is damn close to Chimay white label (only I can find not-stale samples for about half the price). Blue Paddle is what american pilsner should be (Bavarian style, american hop bite). I'm never bored by their seasonals either (although I haven't tried skinny dip and have heard it isn't great).

    I love Fin du Monde from that canadian brewery, but it's hard to find here (can't think of the brewery name, but I'm guessing it's the same beer you're referring to). That same brewery makes a beer-cider from green apples that is very original. My favorite Saison style is the new one from Boulevard in KC (and I'm not saying that just because I peddle their suds ). Boulevard Saison has a distinctive PNW hop bite to balance sometimes-cloying belgian yeast. I think they're using Amarillo hops for bittering. Tripple is my favorite belgian "style". I don't like the malt-forward combined with fruity yeast, which is characteristic of a lot of belgian-style wheats, or in belgian-style "abbey" or "double".

    For the mod and forum purists: bicycle

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    My Bikes
    A coupla Schwinns
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tadaoo View Post
    awesome

    i need that tune in my ipod...
    Devendra Banhart "At the Hop"

  12. #12
    committed commuter tadaoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    paris
    My Bikes
    cannondale badboy 650 disc 2008
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks
    i just got it on itunes store...

  13. #13
    Senior Member climbhoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Parker, CO
    My Bikes
    SS Surly Crosscheck; '91 Cannondale 3.0
    Posts
    1,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffbeerman2 View Post
    Seems like they have done a pretty good job of paying the bills with an interesting gateway craft. It's well made, though very uninspired. It is rare to find artists who "go commercial" and use the profits to continue to make other more interesting art, rather than just get super-rich by appealing to the masses. 1554 is one of the few truly unique styles in the last 15 years. For the last couple years in Wichita, 1554 is easier to find on tap than Fat Tire. NB Tripple is damn close to Chimay white label (only I can find not-stale samples for about half the price). Blue Paddle is what american pilsner should be (Bavarian style, american hop bite). I'm never bored by their seasonals either (although I haven't tried skinny dip and have heard it isn't great).

    I love Fin du Monde from that canadian brewery, but it's hard to find here (can't think of the brewery name, but I'm guessing it's the same beer you're referring to). That same brewery makes a beer-cider from green apples that is very original. My favorite Saison style is the new one from Boulevard in KC (and I'm not saying that just because I peddle their suds ). Boulevard Saison has a distinctive PNW hop bite to balance sometimes-cloying belgian yeast. I think they're using Amarillo hops for bittering. Tripple is my favorite belgian "style". I don't like the malt-forward combined with fruity yeast, which is characteristic of a lot of belgian-style wheats, or in belgian-style "abbey" or "double".

    For the mod and forum purists: bicycle

    My cube-mate, from KC, always raves about Boulevard. I'll have to try it sometime.

    I have yet to find much better than Eel River Organic Amber Ale out of Eureka, CA. I've come to the opinion that the amber ale is the pinnacle of beer making-a harmonious balance between malt(s) and hops where neither can overpower the other.

    I agree with you on the Belgians, though. In fact, I prefer a trippel even to a white!

  14. #14
    genec genec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    san diego
    My Bikes
    custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2
    Posts
    22,732
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by climbhoser View Post
    My cube-mate, from KC, always raves about Boulevard. I'll have to try it sometime.

    I have yet to find much better than Eel River Organic Amber Ale out of Eureka, CA. I've come to the opinion that the amber ale is the pinnacle of beer making-a harmonious balance between malt(s) and hops where neither can overpower the other.

    I agree with you on the Belgians, though. In fact, I prefer a trippel even to a white!
    You familiar with IPAs? Try those from Stone Brewing Co out of So Cal.

  15. #15
    crash survivor tate65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    My Bikes
    C-dale rush, Mountain cycle fury, Monocog 29er, Haro hard tail VX, Scattante R330
    Posts
    654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They brought a sample to our MTB race over the weekend, 5-6 year in a row....Great company and even better beer. With the support of cycling I always try and support them when getting my refreshment on.

  16. #16
    DNPAIMFB pinkrobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cowtown, AB
    My Bikes
    Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.
    Posts
    4,654
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffbeerman2 View Post
    Seems like they have done a pretty good job of paying the bills with an interesting gateway craft. It's well made, though very uninspired. It is rare to find artists who "go commercial" and use the profits to continue to make other more interesting art, rather than just get super-rich by appealing to the masses. 1554 is one of the few truly unique styles in the last 15 years. For the last couple years in Wichita, 1554 is easier to find on tap than Fat Tire. NB Tripple is damn close to Chimay white label (only I can find not-stale samples for about half the price). Blue Paddle is what american pilsner should be (Bavarian style, american hop bite). I'm never bored by their seasonals either (although I haven't tried skinny dip and have heard it isn't great).

    I love Fin du Monde from that canadian brewery, but it's hard to find here (can't think of the brewery name, but I'm guessing it's the same beer you're referring to). That same brewery makes a beer-cider from green apples that is very original. My favorite Saison style is the new one from Boulevard in KC (and I'm not saying that just because I peddle their suds ). Boulevard Saison has a distinctive PNW hop bite to balance sometimes-cloying belgian yeast. I think they're using Amarillo hops for bittering. Tripple is my favorite belgian "style". I don't like the malt-forward combined with fruity yeast, which is characteristic of a lot of belgian-style wheats, or in belgian-style "abbey" or "double".

    For the mod and forum purists: bicycle
    The brewery you're thinking of in Canada is Unibroue. La Fin du Monde, Blanche de Chambly, and Maudite are all very tasty. I can't comment too much on what constitutes hop-heavy or whatnot [I'm more of a wino], but I do like most weiss, and most stout. I also enjoy PBR , which annoys me no end.
    Proud Member of the HHCMF
    '06 Cervelo Soloist Carbon | '09 Titus El Guapo | '09 Misfit diSSent | '09 Wabi Lightning

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jeffbeerman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wichita KS USA
    My Bikes
    Surly Crosscheck w Nexus 8 drivetrain set up as a commuter/tourer. Old and quick '89 Trek 1200. 08 Fisher Cobia 29er
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by climbhoser View Post
    My cube-mate, from KC, always raves about Boulevard. I'll have to try it sometime.
    Their classic lineup (wheat, pale, porter) was based on Sierra Nevada back in the late 80s when the brewery opened; and it shows. The beers that rolled out in the 90s are good but still not unlike a lot of others (47, Irish, Stout). The two most recent "everday" beers are more interesting an unique (Zon, Lunar).
    They have a new lineup called the "smokestack series" slowly rolling out with a bunch of interesting belgian styles, plus american style monsters. These are very unique and worth seeking out, even outside of their region. Boulevard Smokestack is as good as Unibroue.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    CO
    My Bikes
    05 Lemond Poprad, 11 Jamis Dragon Race 29er, Surly LHT
    Posts
    439
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love their beers. Their Trippel and Abbey, both high-alcohol trappist style brews, are my favorites. On the lighter side, the wheat is unique, with its hints of citrus. If they ever go public, I'm going all in on that IPO.
    Lemond Poprad / Jamis Dragon Race 29er / Surly LHT
    "the feel of steel"

  19. #19
    Senior Member climbhoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Parker, CO
    My Bikes
    SS Surly Crosscheck; '91 Cannondale 3.0
    Posts
    1,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    You familiar with IPAs? Try those from Stone Brewing Co out of So Cal.

    I'm a big IPA fan. I had a dark phase when I was younger, but I got over it. Funny enough my dad's BACK into a dark phase as he starts his 60's!

    Good hops are pretty amazing, especially good aroma hops. If you are an IPA fan I think Great Divide Brewing's Titan IPA beats the heck out of Stone IPA any day.

    Thing is about a good IPA is one will just about do ya. BAck to ambers: they're the only thing I actually FEEL like drinking all day. Well, good wheats, lagers, pilsners are drinkeable, but lose their depth on my palate quickly. The amber keeps me interested.

  20. #20
    Live Deliberately. davidmcowan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Denver
    My Bikes
    CETMA Cargo, Xtracycle Edgerunner, Surly Crosscheck, Giant Trance, Salsa Mukluk 3
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donnamb View Post
    They sponsor lots of bike fun events in cities all over the US. They're a very generous company.
    They just purchased Colorado "Share the Road" plates for their entire fleet of vehicles. How cool!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •