Went to MEC today. Unsupervised. With $1000 in scholarship money burning a hole in my pocket (and how sad is that, that I win an academic award and the first thing I think is "SWEET! I can get new panniers!!").
So. I am now the proud owner of:
- a new set of panniers (36L capacity - my old panniers BOTH fit in one of these!
- new helmet, because I slammed mine in the door this morning trying to prevent a cat from accompanying me... also the old one never fit properly . Just a basic Bell but I like it.
- lots and lots of turtle lights. I didn't even need them really (see next item) but I am obsessed...
- Planet Bike Beamer headlight with Superflash rear blinky
- new brake pads for 2 bikes
- chain cleaner gizmo
- new shorts, since I only have 2 pairs
- and a cyclometer! It doesn't do cadence but at least I will know how fast I am going
Still have to get fenders for the touring bike, and new pedals for both bikes...
Oh, and now it is snowing again. Bah!!!