I don't use my cross-levers much (Actually, since I got hit I haven't used them at all), but when I'm looking at replacement bikes, I've thought about the Jamis Aurora Elite -
- Steel frame/Carbon fork- supposedly best of both worlds
- I can fit everything on my handlebars (the cross levers get in the way of some accessories)
- no cross levers (which I sometimes use)
- triple crankset (which I don't need)
- heavier than other options
The other options are either the 2008 Jake the Snake (even though I like the color less than the 2006/2007 colors), the Fuji Cross Pro (Great components, lightest bike), the BD Fantom Cross Pro (almost identical to the Fuji, but $150 less than the Fuji sale price).
If I could find a 2007 Jamis Nova, that might settle everything - it's got the rear rack and front fender bosses, which are requirements for me....but for a 20+ mile commute, is steel 'real'? Or, will I notice much of a difference on a fast road/MUP commute?