Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Commuting (http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/)
-   -   Commuter Bicycle Pics (http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/49471-commuter-bicycle-pics.html)

Hornpipe2 02-26-08 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels4 (Post 6230668)
here ya go hornpipe....

Thanks! It appears I was doing it right after all, but the bolts are just too small. I'll have to visit the hardware store for some washers and nuts.

Wheels4 02-26-08 07:17 PM

glad i could help...

DCvision 02-26-08 11:27 PM

Finally got my rig set up... a '99 Giant Sedona. As with all guys still looking for a few more doodads to "finish" things up, but will do for a while.. A Nashbar rack is under an Ascent rack bag and a pair of Inertia designs panniers complete the gear. Plenty of room for pair of shoes, change of clothes and a towel, lunch and camera,plus tire tools and change for the bus!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n/DSC_9512.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...n/DSC_9513.jpg

MIKEnDC 02-27-08 05:49 AM

Still above freezing this morning but with a stubborn headwind--harder work than usual :)

My recent upgrade (aside from the wheelset that I am absolutley LOVING) was from an older SIS 6spd cassette to a less older XT 11-30 8spd. I was liking that 30t low gear this AM (still on the middle chainring though).

And the cagers were (mostly) pretty well-behaved. All-in-all, not a bad deal.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry all. This was supposed to be in the "How was your commute..." thread.

Genubah 02-27-08 06:08 AM

I changed the '97 steel frame I had here to a (probably) '93 carbon Giant Cadex frame. Also changed the setup from 1x5 to 2x8.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/...d09664bba5.jpg

OfficerBarbier 02-29-08 07:47 PM

Here's my brand new commuter, ready for some nice spring weather :D

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/456...4723787_rs.jpg

http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/472...3445236_rs.jpg

knatchwa 03-01-08 03:00 PM

So my guess is riding in Florida has improved. How do you deal with the humidity? Anyone alive out there? :)

paulwwalters 03-01-08 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficerBarbier (Post 6257283)
Here's my brand new commuter, ready for some nice spring weather :D

That is THE sexiest commuter I have ever seen! I want to see more bikes like that!

bsdsys_x86 03-02-08 01:26 AM

Here is mine.


1990 something Bianchi Premio
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2152/...a49a1402_b.jpg

knatchwa 03-02-08 11:29 PM

nice bike :) Still have not experienced riding a road bike. :) Probably should do that sometime in the near future.

Desert_Donkey 03-03-08 04:34 PM

Here's my commuter/do-it-all bike:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ing/DBR008.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ing/DBR001.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ing/DBR007.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ing/DBR009.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...ing/DBR004.jpg

And a couple of fun pics from the local trails:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...eTrails009.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...eTrails021.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...eTrails104.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...eTrails089.jpg

paulwwalters 03-03-08 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knatchwa (Post 6268180)
nice bike :) Still have not experienced riding a road bike. :) Probably should do that sometime in the near future.

Try it, you'll love it! Everything else you ride will feel like a tank afterwards.

knatchwa 03-04-08 02:38 AM

I figured that one out alright :) I have always rode MTB or variations. I wonder though if I ride a road bike will I ever go back to mtb :) Only time will answer that one.

Keep the pictures going ... great ideas just by viewing.

paulwwalters 03-04-08 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knatchwa (Post 6275669)
I figured that one out alright :) I have always rode MTB or variations. I wonder though if I ride a road bike will I ever go back to mtb :) Only time will answer that one.

Keep the pictures going ... great ideas just by viewing.

I force myself to ride my MTB because I paid $420 for it and I got my road bike for free. So it just seems that I should be riding the bike I worked all last summer for.

It's a good mtb but you just can't compete with a road bike!

stringbreaker 03-04-08 06:45 PM

Here is my Specialized Expedition in commute dress http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...3/100_1448.jpg http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...3/100_1449.jpg http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...3/100_1450.jpg

knatchwa 03-05-08 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulwwalters (Post 6276225)
I force myself to ride my MTB because I paid $420 for it and I got my road bike for free. So it just seems that I should be riding the bike I worked all last summer for.

It's a good mtb but you just can't compete with a road bike!

I have paced a road bike a few times, when I use to commute Salinas to Monterey everyday. Work eight hours and ride back home. To pace and to keep pace now that is two different stories. I will admit I keep trying though because it makes sense to me. An MTB definitely has comfort over the road though besides the riser bars.

jostan1 03-05-08 03:02 PM

sweet 7.3.
I bought a 7.5 a few months ago, and love it so far. what rack is that? mine seems too short, and angles towards the seat post

paulwwalters 03-05-08 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knatchwa (Post 6282557)
I have paced a road bike a few times, when I use to commute Salinas to Monterey everyday. Work eight hours and ride back home. To pace and to keep pace now that is two different stories. I will admit I keep trying though because it makes sense to me. An MTB definitely has comfort over the road though besides the riser bars.

See I don't think risers are any more comfy than the tops of drops.

Business810 03-05-08 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsdsys_x86 (Post 6262904)
Here is mine.


1990 something Bianchi Premio

Very nice! I almost bought a mid-90's Campione d'Italia to commute on. It was very similar to your Premio except it had Campy Mirage ergo shifters on it. I was a bit concerned with clamping on fenders and the reliability of Ergo shifters at the time, so I passed on it. I'm still kind of kicking myself for passing that up.

daotan 03-05-08 06:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
everyone seems to have shiny new rigs so i'll post my re-purposed 20 year old roadbike, i only go 5 miles each way so it doesn't need to be all that fancy

i am missing having gears on the hills though

edit: yes my front brake routes to the left, i came from motorcycles and i can't get passed having the front brake on the left bar

edit: yes its missing the lock for the stem, gotta find it

bsdsys_x86 03-05-08 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Business810 (Post 6286701)
Very nice! I almost bought a mid-90's Campione d'Italia to commute on. It was very similar to your Premio except it had Campy Mirage ergo shifters on it. I was a bit concerned with clamping on fenders and the reliability of Ergo shifters at the time, so I passed on it. I'm still kind of kicking myself for passing that up.

Thanks. I have been out of riding bikes sense I was 13 so i am learning everything over again. I am about to put some fenders on mine in a few weeks when I get the extra dough. Over all, I am very happy with the bike, and I got it for 175.00, which isn't bad if you ask me.

Chuck G 03-06-08 12:27 PM

Here is my latest ride, AKA Ninja bike

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...zz_webshot.jpg

07 Novara Buzz

epicurean 03-06-08 01:36 PM

Here's my commuter, a '91 Bridgestone CB-Zip. I posted a pic last year, but since then I have (finally) fitted it with fenders. I didn't need them before, because I never rode it in the rain. Since then, I've realized that it will probably outlast me, so I might as well use it even when the roads are wet. (I still try to avoid riding in the rain).

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...der/CB-Zip.jpg

mdcrisp2000 03-06-08 06:24 PM

Here's what I do my 5 minute commute on:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/DSCF5380.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/DSCF5384.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/DSCF5386.jpg

tcoop25 03-06-08 09:29 PM

Just finished turning the old road bike into my new commuter. Added the Tubus Logo rack, upgraded the headset to a Shimano 105, new Salsa Stem, and a Nitto Noodle handlebar. Just wish the weather was a bit nicer to for riding.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...vaCommuter.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 PM.