Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 318 of 501 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 12522
  1. #7926
    scrumtrulescent BestSportEver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chattanooga,Tn
    My Bikes
    Novara Safari, Peugeot PX8, Motobecane Modele Diffusion
    Posts
    452
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my 3rd "commuter" bike. I keep telling my wife I need several in case something happens to one of them. . . .


    Whole Bike by individual image, on Flickr
    2011 HTC S-Works Roubaix
    2011 Tarmac Pro
    2012 Sirrus Elite
    2010 Raleigh Clubman
    1980 Peugeot PX8M

  2. #7927
    Senior Member Grim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T700s and a few others
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportEver View Post
    This is my 3rd "commuter" bike. I keep telling my wife I need several in case something happens to one of them. . . .
    Yeah 3 is where they stop buying that line LOL.
    You cant have a signature unless it fits in this box

  3. #7928
    This bike is cat approved monsterpile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    My Bikes
    To many to list...
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzaly View Post
    26lbs is considered heavy these days, crap what does that mean for the 40lb kuwie?
    When my Lemond is sold then my lightest bike will be my Diamondback Vertex WCF at 25 lbs. I find that somewhat amusing. I suppose that partly because I don't have any commuter type gear on it and don't intend to.

    Quote Originally Posted by BestSportEver View Post
    This is my 3rd "commuter" bike. I keep telling my wife I need several in case something happens to one of them. . . .


    Whole Bike by individual image, on Flickr
    Thats a nice bike. Maybe that was the inspiration for the Bikes Direct Mirage. =)
    My SUV is a bicycle

  4. #7929
    Stealing Spokes since 82' Fizzaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boy-z, Ideeeho
    My Bikes
    87' Kuwahara, Hardrock, Trek Fuel SLR
    Posts
    1,849
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterpile View Post
    When my Lemond is sold then my lightest bike will be my Diamondback Vertex WCF at 25 lbs. I find that somewhat amusing. I suppose that partly because I don't have any commuter type gear on it and don't intend to.


    Yeah my trek MTB I just built is my lightest I think it weights around 24lbs with pedals

  5. #7930
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All... been a haunter of the boards for a while now and after having my last two stolen (one sold to a friend then stolen shortly after). I felt compelled to jump into the fray this time, with the acquisition of my new wheels.

    2009 Bianchi San Jose Pro. Couple of after market additions, nothing special: Cane Creek headset, Metropolis bars, MKS Sylvan Pedals (changing out shortly).

    Haven't experienced its personality on the streets as of yet. Hopefully once the Chicago chill has broken and my hands won't freeze while riding, I can let it out of the gate and see what it has to say. ;-)

    Hope these pics are up to the usual bikeforum quality. ;-)

    CityScape-Full-View-3.jpgCityScape-Upper-Front-1.jpgCityScape-Through-Frame.jpgCityScape-Handlebars-1.jpg

  6. #7931
    Senior Member derekthelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally had a sunny day outside to take a picture of my commuter that wasn't from my crappy cell phone.

    Kona Dew


  7. #7932
    Senior Member o0adam0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love this bike no matter how much it hurts to ride :lol

    I commute 12mi a day and this thing flies!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My first "real" bike :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #7933
    i'll probably break it 91MF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
    Love this bike no matter how much it hurts to ride :lol

    I commute 12mi a day and this thing flies!

    o cmon, they dont hurt. if the roads are rough they can jackhammer a bit but thats it. dont feed the people who never owned one and talk about how horrible they were on here.

    i commuted almost exclusively on my 90 crit for the past 3 years on the worst roads in toronto. 38.5mi round trip daily.

    yes they do fly. explosive acceleration.

    im singlespeeding mine, just because. picture is from last year as a 1x7.

    bike. throw. #MFDCR

  9. #7934
    scrumtrulescent BestSportEver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chattanooga,Tn
    My Bikes
    Novara Safari, Peugeot PX8, Motobecane Modele Diffusion
    Posts
    452
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Yeah 3 is where they stop buying that line LOL.
    I noticed that today when I brought home a 70's Schwinn Varsity. She said that 3 was enough and 4 is too many.
    2011 HTC S-Works Roubaix
    2011 Tarmac Pro
    2012 Sirrus Elite
    2010 Raleigh Clubman
    1980 Peugeot PX8M

  10. #7935
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by canyoneagle View Post
    NICE!
    Just curious, what crank/ring is that?

    Sharp bike!!!!!
    its just the stock crank/ring minus the smaller ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Doohickie View Post
    Were you the guy that was in between jobs- when you told the old one you were leaving to go to a new job, they let you go?
    nope i was the other guy.

  11. #7936
    Senior Member Dean7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
    Love this bike no matter how much it hurts to ride :lol

    I commute 12mi a day and this thing flies!
    That's a nice-looking commuter!

  12. #7937
    Senior Member o0adam0o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 91MF View Post
    o cmon, they dont hurt. if the roads are rough they can jackhammer a bit but thats it. dont feed the people who never owned one and talk about how horrible they were on here.

    i commuted almost exclusively on my 90 crit for the past 3 years on the worst roads in toronto. 38.5mi round trip daily.

    yes they do fly. explosive acceleration.

    im singlespeeding mine, just because. picture is from last year as a 1x7.


    Yeah ur right they dont. It is my first road bike so i quickly got used to it. I was just poking fun at the stereotype ha! What kind of tires are you using? I need to get some new ones, im using some Vredestein Fortezza that are pretty wore out and want something that is more commuter friendly but doesnt give up on performance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dean7 View Post
    That's a nice-looking commuter!
    Thanks! Ive only had it since last June and love it!
    Last edited by o0adam0o; 03-14-11 at 11:30 AM.
    My first "real" bike :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #7938
    i'll probably break it 91MF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
    Yeah ur right they dont. It is my first road bike so i quickly got used to it. I was just poking fun at the stereotype ha! What kind of tires are you using? I need to get some new ones, im using some Vredestein Fortezza that are pretty wore out and want something that is more commuter friendly but doesnt give up on performance.
    pictured are some cheapo 25c conti ultrasports. i have used 23c/25c conti gatorskins, speciallized armadillos, michelin litheons,etc etc. my route has lots of crap on it[broken bottles and discarded vcrs are common obstacales] so i carry two spare tubes and a spare foldable tire.
    bike. throw. #MFDCR

  14. #7939
    Senior Member Grim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T700s and a few others
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
    Yeah ur right they dont. It is my first road bike so i quickly got used to it. I was just poking fun at the stereotype ha! What kind of tires are you using? I need to get some new ones, im using some Vredestein Fortezza that are pretty wore out and want something that is more commuter friendly but doesnt give up on performance.


    Thanks! Ive only had it since last June and love it!
    I had one and it transmited every imperfection directly to the spine at the base of my neck. You would be surprised what a $160 at Performance for a carbon fork and headset would do for the ride.

    I just built up a 98 CAAD3 and went with the carbon fork trying to avoid what I didnt like about my old 89 R600 and it rides amazing.
    And yes if I dont need to carry much with me I do commute on it so here it is. Its a R300 CAAD3 Frame with the donor for the rest of the part including the Campy Proton wheels coming from a 2001 R1000si. Came up at 21.6lb. Not too bad for a 63cm bike I only have $350 in.
    You cant have a signature unless it fits in this box

  15. #7940
    i'll probably break it 91MF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a bit off topic

    @grim - i ride in a relatively aggressive position on my cdale and have no issues. just curious how much you weigh? im 177lbs and 6'2"[my bike is a 60cm]. im wondering if due to my low weight for my height the effects of oversized popcan downtube goes unnoticed? or possibly because i balance my weight more evenly while, judging from your bike pictured, you rest most of your weight on the saddle in a more upright position?
    bike. throw. #MFDCR

  16. #7941
    i'll probably break it 91MF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW amaze build for $350
    bike. throw. #MFDCR

  17. #7942
    Senior Member WhyFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Got a castle in - er, Minneapolis, that's where I dwell!
    My Bikes
    2009 Jamis Xenith
    Posts
    9,051
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I still play? I no longer have a job to commute to, but this was my daily commuter (only bike ) -



    Quote Originally Posted by RollCNY View Post
    I would wager that not riding in Minnesota is just as fatiguing as not riding in New York.

  18. #7943
    Senior Member Grim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T700s and a few others
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 91MF View Post
    a bit off topic

    @grim - i ride in a relatively aggressive position on my cdale and have no issues. just curious how much you weigh? im 177lbs and 6'2"[my bike is a 60cm]. im wondering if due to my low weight for my height the effects of oversized popcan downtube goes unnoticed? or possibly because i balance my weight more evenly while, judging from your bike pictured, you rest most of your weight on the saddle in a more upright position?
    6'1" 220. I tried everything to make it work for me. I just couldn't take the ride and it was a little small for me. I can ride my t700 a metric and be in less pain then that R600 had me in 20 miles. The CAAD3 with the carbon fork is quickly becoming one of my favorite rides. Did 20 on it Sunday and was bummed I didnt have the time to ride another 20.

    Quote Originally Posted by 91MF View Post
    BTW amaze build for $350
    Got REAL lucky picking up the R1000 for the right price and being able to sell the frame to get my build cost down. Only issue is the Right brifter (ultegra) is wonky. Part of the reason I got the bike at the price I did. Have to wrap your first two fingers around the brake lever and hold it to get the small paddle to work (exactly the same problem as the 105 I had on another bike). It would be a issue if I raced, livable since I ride for pleasure.
    You cant have a signature unless it fits in this box

  19. #7944
    Utilitarian Boy Gyeswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    My Bikes
    Check the sig to find out
    Posts
    3,235
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated my handy dandy "B"urly to be a 1x9 with a larger rack (i traded with someone). Waiting for some Falcon thumb shifters (friction) to make it complete. I love this bike

  20. #7945
    It's true, man.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Texas
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T1000, Inbred SS 29er, Supercaliber 29er, Crescent Mark XX, Burley Rumba Tandem
    Posts
    2,726
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyFi View Post
    Can I still play? I no longer have a job to commute to, but this was my daily commuter (only bike ) -



    Nice photos. The bike has a good look to it, like it wants to go fast.

  21. #7946
    Senior Member rykard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    My Bikes
    Scott Arapaho, Merida T1
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truman View Post
    Nice photos. The bike has a good look to it, like it wants to go fast.
    it looks fast standign still...
    Cheers,
    Rich

    A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

  22. #7947
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    My Bikes
    Brodie Force w/ Xtracycle, Dahon Helios, Merida Folding, Pacific Carryme, Softride Classic
    Posts
    789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy good build for $350. I would love it in my size (49cm) LOL.
    __________________________________________
    "You spend the whole time afraid you're weak, but clawing every second knowing that if you can just shut your mind off and turn the pedals 1 more time you're going to be 1 pedal turn closer." -- Psimet

  23. #7948
    Senior Member tpelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,071
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my new Motobecane (BikesDirect Motobecane) Mirage:



    Just got it "finished" (if a bike is EVER finished) on Saturday. Haven't commuted on it yet, as my job site still requires about 1/2 mile or so of negotiating dirt road and mixing it up with road graders, elevating scrapers, and dump trucks to get from the street to the work site.

    This bike is what I think of as my "disposable" commuter, as when this project in California is completed I go back home to Kentucky, and I'll decide then if I want to strip the bike down and sell it or give it away, or ship it home. I kind of like it, though, so I'm leaning towards shipping it home.

    Anybody know how much it will cost to ship a bike from California to Kentucky? (I kept the box that BD shipped it in.)
    Steel Club = BF-STL-00064

  24. #7949
    Stealing Spokes since 82' Fizzaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boy-z, Ideeeho
    My Bikes
    87' Kuwahara, Hardrock, Trek Fuel SLR
    Posts
    1,849
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpelle View Post
    Here's my new Motobecane (BikesDirect Motobecane) Mirage:



    Just got it "finished" (if a bike is EVER finished) on Saturday. Haven't commuted on it yet, as my job site still requires about 1/2 mile or so of negotiating dirt road and mixing it up with road graders, elevating scrapers, and dump trucks to get from the street to the work site.

    This bike is what I think of as my "disposable" commuter, as when this project in California is completed I go back home to Kentucky, and I'll decide then if I want to strip the bike down and sell it or give it away, or ship it home. I kind of like it, though, so I'm leaning towards shipping it home.

    Anybody know how much it will cost to ship a bike from California to Kentucky? (I kept the box that BD shipped it in.)
    Should be able to ship it for 40ish bucks

  25. #7950
    Senior Member aceofspaids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpelle View Post
    Here's my new Motobecane (BikesDirect Motobecane) Mirage:



    Just got it "finished" (if a bike is EVER finished) on Saturday. Haven't commuted on it yet, as my job site still requires about 1/2 mile or so of negotiating dirt road and mixing it up with road graders, elevating scrapers, and dump trucks to get from the street to the work site.

    This bike is what I think of as my "disposable" commuter, as when this project in California is completed I go back home to Kentucky, and I'll decide then if I want to strip the bike down and sell it or give it away, or ship it home. I kind of like it, though, so I'm leaning towards shipping it home.

    Anybody know how much it will cost to ship a bike from California to Kentucky? (I kept the box that BD shipped it in.)
    That's a good looking bike! It always amazes me that people think because it doesn’t have a brand name or come from an LBS, that it's a "throw away bike". I hope you keep it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •