Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 390 of 549 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440490 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 13707
  1. #9726
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My commute is only about 15 minutes through downtown Vancouver, but it's enjoyable on this thing:


  2. #9727
    Senior Member DVC45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used this today.

    "Cycling is for pleasure not penance"

  3. #9728
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,937
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddez View Post
    Aha. You finally got a Surly. Nice!
    A little more tweaking... new freewheel (White Industries) and a new rack.



    A man has to be able to shop...


  4. #9729
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,937
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVC45 View Post
    I used this today.

    Sweet ride... think I will bust out my folder tomorrow.

  5. #9730
    Senior Member a1penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek 7.5 FX DISC, 2002 Trek 2200 WSD, 1997 Specialized Rockhopper Al Comp
    Posts
    2,376
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dphilips View Post
    Here's my Volpe with 35mm Paselas and SKS Longboard fenders. The big tires are great on rough pavement and dirt. The Relevate Designs Viscacha bag is a new addition and has been a big improvement over wearing a backpack.
    Lovely picture. And the bike looks pretty sweet too.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 3, 2012 Trek 7.5 FX Disc, 2003 Trek 2200 WSD, 1997 Specialized Rockhopper Al Comp

  6. #9731
    Senior Member mechanicalron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Downtown Detroit, Mi.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    trash picked projects

    "newbie at heart"

  7. #9732
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Volpe. How's riding with the Viscacha? I've been tempted to get one to use my road bike for light, multiple day rides.

    Quote Originally Posted by dphilips View Post
    Here's my Volpe with 35mm Paselas and SKS Longboard fenders. The big tires are great on rough pavement and dirt. The Relevate Designs Viscacha bag is a new addition and has been a big improvement over wearing a backpack.


  8. #9733
    Member Miller84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    A little more tweaking... new freewheel (White Industries) and a new rack.



    A man has to be able to shop...

    What Kinda Rack is that?

  9. #9734
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    26,937
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller84 View Post
    What Kinda Rack is that?
    Filzer... has enough adjustment and offset to fit the Pug's frame and is rated for 25kg although that might be pushing it.

    Will use this until I build some custom fitted racks with higher capacity.

  10. #9735
    Senior Member Grim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T700s and a few others
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalron View Post
    Ron's back for his yearly check in!!!!
    Liking the Pug!...Those some of your bags?
    Show us more on the racks and chain guard on number two please!
    You cant have a signature unless it fits in this box

  11. #9736
    Senior Member mechanicalron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Downtown Detroit, Mi.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well hellow Grim. Yes, i miss this stuf but i went and got a house (working on it for 2 and 1/2 years now) so i can have the room i need to make bike goodies. The chain gard was bent around a steel coffee can and a glas jar and looks like an endless loop of wood and my hands are still sore from "twineing" the bamboo
    "newbie at heart"

  12. #9737
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Durham, NC
    My Bikes
    LHT + FreeRadical
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just finished this crosscheck build last night. will become a nice weather commuter to complement my LHT.


    CrossCheckBuildFinal by bendertj, on Flickr

  13. #9738
    Senior Member Grim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T700s and a few others
    Posts
    2,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalron View Post
    well hellow Grim. Yes, i miss this stuf but i went and got a house (working on it for 2 and 1/2 years now) so i can have the room i need to make bike goodies. The chain gard was bent around a steel coffee can and a glas jar and looks like an endless loop of wood and my hands are still sore from "twineing" the bamboo
    Always something to do on a house but sure is nice having something that is yours. My mad money got a sever kink with having to drop $6k on a HVAC 2 weeks ago. No money for hot rods and bikes for a while.
    Still Downtown or did you move out a little?
    If you have the pictures throw up a build thread on the bikes. I know the C&V guys would enjoy them.
    You cant have a signature unless it fits in this box

  14. #9739
    one life on two wheels cobrabyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,556
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've been commuting on this almost exclusively since I built it up a couple of weeks back. I just added a Wald basket to the rear rack also, and got some great panniers for shopping trips that convert from pannier to backpack, so I will need to take some updated photos soon too.

    1983 Peugeot PX 8 M, with lots of tweaks along the way


  15. #9740
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Eastern Iowa
    My Bikes
    surly cross check
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmaclennan View Post
    My commute is only about 15 minutes through downtown Vancouver, but it's enjoyable on this thing:

    This rig is awesome, I bet it is fun to rip around town on this thing

  16. #9741
    Senior Member mechanicalron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Downtown Detroit, Mi.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Always something to do on a house but sure is nice having something that is yours. My mad money got a sever kink with having to drop $6k on a HVAC 2 weeks ago. No money for hot rods and bikes for a while.
    Still Downtown or did you move out a little?
    If you have the pictures throw up a build thread on the bikes. I know the C&V guys would enjoy them.
    Build thread! C&V guys??? O yea, still downtown sort of but it is called the east side. HVAC, eh i gutted everything out of a 1904 home $$$$$, yep, all new and i stillhave my aprtmt down town.
    "newbie at heart"

  17. #9742
    Senior Member mechanicalron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Downtown Detroit, Mi.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrabyte View Post
    I've been commuting on this almost exclusively since I built it up a couple of weeks back. I just added a Wald basket to the rear rack also, and got some great panniers for shopping trips that convert from pannier to backpack, so I will need to take some updated photos soon too.

    1983 Peugeot PX 8 M, with lots of tweaks along the way

    hey, i like it lots! The front fender could use a flap to extend it though Dry feet rule!
    "newbie at heart"

  18. #9743
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent777 View Post
    WHat panniers are those?

  19. #9744
    Senior Member mechanicalron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Downtown Detroit, Mi.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by whistlesglimber View Post
    WHat panniers are those?
    yea, they look a tad small.
    "newbie at heart"

  20. #9745
    Velocommuter Commando Sirrus Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    My Bikes
    '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid
    Posts
    2,613
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalron View Post
    yea, they look a tad small.
    Must've washed the panniers in starch!
    Riding 19 Years of Specialized Sirrus Tradition.
    Live in Houston? Come to http://bicyclecommutehouston.blogspot.com/
    1988 Specialized Sirrus, 1989 Alpine Monitor Pass MTB, 2007 Specialized Sirrus 700C hybrid, 2007 Schwinn Town & Country trike, 1970 "Resto-Improved" Raleigh 20, 1970 "WIP" Raleigh 20, and 1980 "WIP" Schwinn Town & Country trike

  21. #9746
    BE the Ferrari. supersport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Giant Squadron touring
    Posts
    357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Co-Motion Norwester Tour. 2010 model, custom frame size, since I'm kind of strangely built. Been riding it to work every day for over 2 years now. Changed the bars is all. Cheap Bor-Yeah rack and custom fender extension crafted by my bike mechanic wife.

  22. #9747
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emveezee View Post
    Nice Volpe. How's riding with the Viscacha? I've been tempted to get one to use my road bike for light, multiple day rides.
    The picture shows the bag right about at minimum capacity (I carry less on Fridays) but on most commutes I have the bag fully loaded (work clothes and shoes). I notice the extra weight but it doesn't affect handling too much; it's not much higher than a trunk bag on a rack would be.

  23. #9748
    one life on two wheels cobrabyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    2,556
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirrus Rider View Post
    Must've washed the panniers in starch!
    Lol! That actually gave me a chickle. It's a small little tool pouch that has just enough room for a spare tube, tire lever & patch kit. I attached it to the back of my Wald basket that I added to the rear rack. I also got these handy-dandy panniers that clip nicely to the basket:

    http://www.bicyclehero.com/us/detour...-26l-blue.html

    http://www.bicyclehero.com/us/detour...k-26l-red.html

    Just waiting for a chance to take some good pics

    @mechanicalron: I do intend to pick up or make a extended flap for the front fender, good call. It's a fairly new build so additions will be made as the needs come up.

  24. #9749
    Senior Member mechanicalron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Downtown Detroit, Mi.
    My Bikes
    Surly LHT, 94 Cannondale track bike, 80's Cannondale track bike, 60's Raleigh 5 speed, 1888 Eldridge wood wheel track bike and my old 76 DG BMX from when I was a kid.
    Posts
    781
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, that bike is rite down my alley and i love the look. ya just cant beet classics, good build
    "newbie at heart"

  25. #9750
    Senior Member megalowmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    North County San Diego
    Posts
    1,640
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking bike. What bars are those?

    Quote Originally Posted by supersport View Post


    Co-Motion Norwester Tour. 2010 model, custom frame size, since I'm kind of strangely built. Been riding it to work every day for over 2 years now. Changed the bars is all. Cheap Bor-Yeah rack and custom fender extension crafted by my bike mechanic wife.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •