Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 482 of 511 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492 ... LastLast
Results 12,026 to 12,050 of 12758
  1. #12026
    Keepin it Wheel RubeRad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    Surly CrossCheck, etc
    Posts
    2,483
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by no motor? View Post
    Nice, I bet there's there's room on that rack for a kitty litter pannier.
    It's called a "kittier"...

  2. #12027
    You gonna eat that? Doohickie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas Church of Hopeful Uncertainty
    My Bikes
    1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS
    Posts
    14,013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The steed. Indeed. From today's commute.

    I stop for people / whose right of way I honor / but not for no one.



    Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."

  3. #12028
    J3L 2404 gbcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shanghai
    My Bikes
    2007 Jamis Nova
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RALEIGH_COMP, cool anechoic chamber! (I assume that's what it is)
    What line of work are you in?

    Beautiful day today, so I took some glamour shots on the ride home from brunch. I haven't installed fenders yet since we haven't needed them in the past week (I've got a spare pair at home). But knowing Shanghai weather I'm pushing my luck without them...

    jamisszc1-s.jpg

    jamisszc2-s.jpg
    Last edited by gbcb; 04-06-14 at 04:09 AM.

  4. #12029
    Senior Member AusTexMurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Austin, Texas
    My Bikes
    2010 Origin8 CX700, 2003 Cannondale Backroads Cross Country, 1997 Trek mtn steel frame converted commuter/tourer, 1983 Univega Sportour, 2010 Surly LHT, Others...
    Posts
    615
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunday morning commute in central Ohio.
    Beautiful ride, beautiful day.
    Riding my all conditions touring setup w/ town panniers on back.
    ohiotruckbike2.jpgOhioTruckBike1.jpgohiotruckbike6.jpgohiotruckbike5.jpgohiotruckbike4.jpgohiotruckbike3.jpg

  5. #12030
    Stealing Spokes since 82' Fizzaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Boy-z, Ideeeho
    My Bikes
    The always reliable kuwie
    Posts
    1,862
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kuwies back together, currently running just the front rack as the rear is getting repaired.




  6. #12031
    Senior Member Rudz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fontana, California USA
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice sticker
    Giant Rapid 3- COMMUTERIZED *IBERA*Nashbar*Tiagra*105*Velocity*Selle SMP*Gatorskin
    Every commute is a race. I do victory laps in my driveway

  7. #12032
    Senior Member Giant Doofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gbcb - Nice bike. Are you using power grips on your pedals? If so, how do you like them?

  8. #12033
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    My Bikes
    2009 Felt QX75; 2014 Soma Double Cross Graphite
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently posted in the hybrid sub-forum. This is the current iteration of my commuter (2009 Felt QX75), some 400 miles after my last post in January (http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/49471-commuter-bicycle-pics-473.html#post16395669). Since then I have upgraded the drivetrain to 9-speed Shimano Deore system: HG61 cassette 11-28T, chain, FD, crank, rapid fire shifters, V-brakes and levers. The upgrade was really worth it because I can feel the difference in shifting (much smoother and crisper). I decided to keep the old Alivio M430 RD since it can run 9-speed as well (or even better than it did at 8-speed, I would say). Around the same time, I started using trekking bar (Zoom), which I find very useful, relieving me from wrist pain in long rides (>20km). I changed the pedals to Wellgo platform since the last pedals started making crazy noise. I had to go with white since my LBS didn't carry other colors at that time. And the latest update was the Selle SMP TRK saddle, a relief for the nether region. * my ride*

    IMG_20140320_121004.jpgIMG_20140320_121145.jpgIMG_20140320_121209.jpg

  9. #12034
    Senior Member Rudz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fontana, California USA
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my selle smp trk saddle. It looks wierd but it's so comfortable
    Giant Rapid 3- COMMUTERIZED *IBERA*Nashbar*Tiagra*105*Velocity*Selle SMP*Gatorskin
    Every commute is a race. I do victory laps in my driveway

  10. #12035
    J3L 2404 gbcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shanghai
    My Bikes
    2007 Jamis Nova
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Doofus View Post
    gbcb - Nice bike. Are you using power grips on your pedals? If so, how do you like them?
    Thanks! I bought it after I got my first job, even though I couldn't really afford it... Probably wasn't the best financial decision, but in the long run it has been worth every penny.

    Powergrips are great -- really easy to get into and out of, and they secure my feet well. I rode clipless for a while and really liked it, but the desire to wear normal shoes won out. I haven't used toe clips in a long, long time so can't comment on how they compare.
    Last edited by gbcb; 04-07-14 at 03:21 AM.

  11. #12036
    Keepin it Wheel RubeRad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    Surly CrossCheck, etc
    Posts
    2,483
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexMurf View Post
    Sunday morning commute in central Ohio.
    Beautiful ride, beautiful day.
    Riding my all conditions touring setup w/ town panniers on back.
    ohiotruckbike2.jpgOhioTruckBike1.jpgohiotruckbike6.jpgohiotruckbike5.jpgohiotruckbike4.jpgohiotruckbike3.jpg
    That's amazing you can haul an entire tow truck, but don't you feel a bit imbalanced to the right side?

  12. #12037
    Senior Member bikemig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle Earth
    My Bikes
    A lot of old bikes and a few new ones
    Posts
    4,395
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RALEIGH_COMP View Post
    First ride to work with the new fenders, lots of sprinkler puddles and wide gutters. Fenders did their job perfectly. Took a couple nice shots at work too:

    That is such a nice job on that bike. How does it sound in that room?

  13. #12038
    Senior Member bikemig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle Earth
    My Bikes
    A lot of old bikes and a few new ones
    Posts
    4,395
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love all the really good looking commuters on this thread. This is mine:


  14. #12039
    Senior Member PatrickGSR94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Memphis TN area
    Posts
    3,898
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone seen that room that is known as the world's quietest room? It's rated at MINUS 9 dB and it's said most people can't stand to be in there more than a few minutes. For sure they can't stand up, you really have to sit down as the lack of all noise really messes with your head. They say you can hear your organs functioning inside your body in that room.
    2011 Felt Z85 105 | Ultegra | KMC | Selle Italia | Vuelta | Topeak
    90's-ish KHS Alite 1000 MTB, *hybridized*

  15. #12040
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Anaheim/ Disneyland!
    My Bikes
    78 or 79 raleigh competition 80's? Gitane grand sport
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbcb View Post
    RALEIGH_COMP, cool anechoic chamber! (I assume that's what it is)
    What line of work are you in?
    EMI/EMC aerospace testing
    https://sundaybikeride.wordpress.com/

  16. #12041
    Keepin it Wheel RubeRad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    Surly CrossCheck, etc
    Posts
    2,483
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubeRad View Post
    That's amazing you can haul an entire tow truck, but don't you feel a bit imbalanced to the right side?
    Oopx, how silly of me! Looking at the pics more closely, I see you are able to mount the tow truck to either side, which I guess allows you to switch if you get tired of it hanging of one side or the other...

  17. #12042
    LET'S ROLL 1nterceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WEST NEW YORK, USA
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott CR1 Pro carbon, 2013 Brompton S6L-X titanium, 2013 Citizen Tokyo steel
    Posts
    3,169
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the snow has finally melted,
    and no more coming I hope.


  18. #12043
    J3L 2404 gbcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Shanghai
    My Bikes
    2007 Jamis Nova
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RubeRad View Post
    Oopx, how silly of me! Looking at the pics more closely, I see you are able to mount the tow truck to either side, which I guess allows you to switch if you get tired of it hanging of one side or the other...
    Tough crowd in here...

  19. #12044
    Keepin it Wheel RubeRad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    My Bikes
    Surly CrossCheck, etc
    Posts
    2,483
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbcb View Post
    Tough crowd in here...
    I know, right? Funniest thing I've said all month, and crickets!

  20. #12045
    afraid of whales Mr IGH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Front Range, CO
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RALEIGH_COMP View Post
    EMI/EMC aerospace testing
    Testing generator and battery lighting systems for EMI/EMC?
    IGH's, Dyno Hubs, LED lights and old frames

  21. #12046
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Anaheim/ Disneyland!
    My Bikes
    78 or 79 raleigh competition 80's? Gitane grand sport
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr IGH View Post
    Testing generator and battery lighting systems for EMI/EMC?
    Anything electronic that goes on an airplane.
    https://sundaybikeride.wordpress.com/

  22. #12047
    afraid of whales Mr IGH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Front Range, CO
    Posts
    2,635
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RALEIGH_COMP View Post
    Anything electronic that goes on an airplane.
    I should have put a j/k at the end of my post. I'm an old power supply engineer, I've spent too much time in those chambers.
    IGH's, Dyno Hubs, LED lights and old frames

  23. #12048
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    My Bikes
    Soma Double Cross Disc (Commuter/everyday), Fuji Sportif 1.1 (Racy/fun bike), Specialized Sirrus Sport Disc (beater).
    Posts
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all... New to the forums, but here is a pic of my new commuter/every-day bike. Had her for about four days now and am already in love! Got two compliments on the train to work just this morning!

    Sorry in advance for the low quality of the pic, but here she is...



    I bought the complete bike from American Cyclery in San Francisco. I didn't care for the stock wheels, so put the DT Swiss wheels I had on it with Conti Contact 2's in 28c. The spoke nipples are black anodized brass, but I have a box of silver alloy ones that I'll be replacing the black ones with.

    I put a Minoura accessory bracket in the headset stack for my front light. I really like the positioning of it there, centered and low, and I have it adjusted so its primary illumination is out to about 10' - 12' out. I also use a light on my helmet for downrange illumination and to have light where ever I'm looking.

    Next month I will be upgrading the rear rack to a silver Logo Evo, and replacing my old Backroller classics, which are over ten years old and have survived literally years of commuting duty.

    That's all for now... any comments are appreciated.

    Edit: here's a better pic that shows the bike and accessory bracket for the front light.
    Last edited by pdthiem; 04-08-14 at 01:00 PM.

  24. #12049
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Anaheim/ Disneyland!
    My Bikes
    78 or 79 raleigh competition 80's? Gitane grand sport
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr IGH View Post
    I should have put a j/k at the end of my post. I'm an old power supply engineer, I've spent too much time in those chambers.
    I currently spend too much time in those chambers lol
    https://sundaybikeride.wordpress.com/

  25. #12050
    Senior Member MEversbergII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lexington Park, Maryland
    My Bikes
    2012 Schwinn Trailway, Early 70's All Pro, Trek 1200
    Posts
    1,053
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdthiem View Post
    Hi all... New to the forums, but here is a pic of my new commuter/every-day bike. Had her for about four days now and am already in love! Got two compliments on the train to work just this morning!

    Sorry in advance for the low quality of the pic, but here she is...



    I bought the complete bike from American Cyclery in San Francisco. I didn't care for the stock wheels, so put the DT Swiss wheels I had on it with Conti Contact 2's in 28c. The spoke nipples are black anodized brass, but I have a box of silver alloy ones that I'll be replacing the black ones with.

    I put a Minoura accessory bracket in the headset stack for my front light. I really like the positioning of it there, centered and low, and I have it adjusted so its primary illumination is out to about 10' - 12' out. I also use a light on my helmet for downrange illumination and to have light where ever I'm looking.

    Next month I will be upgrading the rear rack to a silver Logo Evo, and replacing my old Backroller classics, which are over ten years old and have survived literally years of commuting duty.

    That's all for now... any comments are appreciated.
    Very nice! Front and rear disks = ace.

    M.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •