I think it's time for me to start looking at some panniers. Needed for commuting, and also I'm planning to do some longer, city-to-city rides, although not long enough that you'd call it touring. I'm kind of hoping there's a pannier that I can use for commuting and also hold enough stuff in it to last me on a trip from, say, Philly to New York (~100 miles).
Basically what I'm looking for...
- Waterproof if at all possible
- I've heard there are panniers that have straps so you can carry them inside with you like a messenger bag or something - one of these would be ideal, since I'll be parking my bike in lots of places where I won't want to leave loose panniers just sitting there, but I may not be able to lug an unwieldy one with me
- Reflective surfaces for night are nice
- Cheaper is better but quality is more important than low price
- Decent sized at least, so I'd be able to take stuff for a trip of a day or two (clothes, etc.) although that's not critical since I could probably supplement it for longer trips
Anyway, if you've got recommendations/pointers, lay 'em on me. Thanks!