I know people will say just use a messenger bag, but I don't really like them, plus I have some specific requirements.
I'm looking for a replacement pack, but haven't found anything suitable.
Currently, I have an old Camebak TransAlp that kicks ass, but it's pretty much dead. Most of the zippers no longer stay together and it has a number of holes. After 5 years of year-round commuting, it's dying.
I love this pack because:
- It has 4 seperate compartments:
- 1 for bike tools, tubes, lights, etc,
- 1 for bad weather gear, pant, jacket, arm/leg warmers, etc
- 1 for cell phone, wallet, keys, glasses
- and 1 big one for changes of clothes
- plus mesh pockets for shoes, gloves, bottles, etc
- Rain cover
Anyway, I can't find a good replacement. I can't find anyone that carries the new TransAlps to see what they look like. I've looked at the Pearl Izumi Velocipak (or something) and if just doesn't have enough storage.
- Stephen Jones