Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Thunder Whisperer no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    8,467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Topeak customer service

    Do you call them or create an account for the online support?

  2. #2
    Randomhead
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure I created an account online and then they gave me a number to call.

  3. #3
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've called them, and got great service twice and bad service the last time.

  4. #4
    Member loonykathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Edison, NJ
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called and was told I couldn't get warranty replacement without an itemized receipt, which my LBS doesn't generally issue. After I got back to my LBS to get a receipt, I went the online route. The fact that my receipt was dated for the day before I submitted a claim even though my initial e-mail said I'd bought the product a few months earlier didn't seem to phase them.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loonykathy View Post
    I called and was told I couldn't get warranty replacement without an itemized receipt, which my LBS doesn't generally issue. After I got back to my LBS to get a receipt, I went the online route. The fact that my receipt was dated for the day before I submitted a claim even though my initial e-mail said I'd bought the product a few months earlier didn't seem to phase them.
    I had a problem with my Topeak Road Morph G - I used it maybe once or twice, and the next time I went to use it the head piece had fallen apart rendering it useless. I contacted Topeak and was told I had to buy a replacement head. I complained - it was the principle of the matter as the replacement was only ~$7 - and they sent me a new one for free.
    73 Raleigh 20
    85 Trek 300 series
    05 Kona Caldera
    05 Surly Cross Check
    09 Giant Trance X2
    12 Tern Link P9

  6. #6
    Cycle Year Round CB HI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,535
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopperja View Post
    I had a problem with my Topeak Road Morph G - I used it maybe once or twice, and the next time I went to use it the head piece had fallen apart rendering it useless. I contacted Topeak and was told I had to buy a replacement head. I complained - it was the principle of the matter as the replacement was only ~$7 - and they sent me a new one for free.
    Sounds like I did not complain loud enough, they made me pay about $10 plus shipping for a new head on a Joe Blow Pro floor pump. They are now way behind other cycling companies in cutomer service, as far as I am concerned.
    Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

  7. #7
    Senior Member CACycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oxnard, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Posts
    4,554
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The clip on my Topeak seat pack broke (during my required 0 MPH clipless fall) and they sent a new clip promptly at no charge.

  8. #8
    Thunder Whisperer no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    8,467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I created the online ticket, which in turn generated an email to me to call them. Ugh. Had I known they would have insisted that I call, then I wouldn't have bothered with creating the online account/ticket in the first place.

  9. #9
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    Senior Member Kip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    202
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year my bicycle was stolen. It had a Topeak handlebar bag mounting bracket, but not the bag. I called Topeak and they promptly sent me a replacement bracket at no charge. BTW I got my stolen bike back three months later, but the bracket had been removed.

  10. #10
    Randomhead
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14,386
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the cap on the road morph G probably pays for the customer service department, that's why I called them too. I was so worn down by the time I got through to a person, I didn't complain about having to fork over $10 for the cap and the clip that holds the pump beside a water bottle cage. However, I did spend some energy bad mouthing the pump every time someone asked for recommendations hoping to earn my $10 back.

  11. #11
    all-weather commuter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    My Bikes
    Graham Cycles Kilo-Graham all season fat bike, and a few others
    Posts
    314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CACycling View Post
    The clip on my Topeak seat pack broke (during my required 0 MPH clipless fall) and they sent a new clip promptly at no charge.
    I had one of those clips break and they sent a new one. Then the replacement broke and they sent two new ones. I put a strap on it instead. My Road Morph G broke and they sent replacement parts. The customer service is good, but I am done buying Topeak products.

  12. #12
    Senior Member tarwheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    My Bikes
    Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL
    Posts
    8,100
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had good experience with Topeak customer service in the past, but not my most recent case. My Joe Blow pump wore out and they charged me $10 for a rebuild kit (after sending me one for free with a previous pump). When the kit arrived, they had sent me the wrong one, even though I supplied them with the serial number for my pump. I contacted them again and got no response. So I bought a new pump from someone else and won't be buying any more JB pumps.

  13. #13
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertFrapples View Post
    I had one of those clips break and they sent a new one. Then the replacement broke and they sent two new ones. I put a strap on it instead. My Road Morph G broke and they sent replacement parts. The customer service is good, but I am done buying Topeak products.
    That's the way I feel about them too, I'd rather they made a better product in the first place. Especially after they wanted to charge me for the replacement parts.

  14. #14
    Crankenstein bmclaughlin807's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Spokane
    My Bikes
    Novara Randonee (TankerBelle)
    Posts
    4,038
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
    the cap on the road morph G probably pays for the customer service department, that's why I called them too. I was so worn down by the time I got through to a person, I didn't complain about having to fork over $10 for the cap and the clip that holds the pump beside a water bottle cage. However, I did spend some energy bad mouthing the pump every time someone asked for recommendations hoping to earn my $10 back.
    The cap and all the innards fell off/out in the middle of a 600k brevet... I called and told them what happened, they had a new cap and rebuild kit in the mail the next day, no charge.
    "There is no greater wonder than the way the face and character of a woman fit so perfectly in a man's mind, and stay there, and he could never tell you why. It just seems it was the thing he most wanted." Robert Louis Stevenson

  15. #15
    Senior Member 1242Vintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    No. CA
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I thought I was the only one that had bad luck with the head on the road morph pump. I found the head fell out of mine while attempting to fix a flat on a solo ride ... and the wife was out of town so no call of shame opportunity ... and I was miles away from home ... and on a route where few (none actually that day) cyclists ride. Fortunately a neighbor drove by and had pity on me and gave me a ride back home.

    I used the web site to create a ticket, which then gave me the phone number to call. I called and paid my $10 for replacement part/kit. It took a full three weeks to get the parts. By that time I already bought a replacement, non-Topeak, pump.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called a few months ago and also a few years ago.. A few years ago I got "the shop" and someone that lived bikes, now its a call center. They got the answer to my question wrong as far as I was aware of the facts that were available to me. Which is basicly what is the difference between the Hexus and the Hexus 2?

    He took a guess and said the Hexus 2 was lighter and had more tools... Nope.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •