I'm thinking of doing my daily commute by bike instead of car. Distance is approx 2x 13km = 26km (16mi).
I got some race bikes, some mountainbike and even a recumbent bike frame which I plan to build up eventually.
For now I just want a simple bike, so I bought a Giant Trooper for 20 dollar. Stripped it down to the last bolt and am thinking how to rebuild it.
more info on current parts here.
It's a 1995 (i guess. based on all Shimano parts) Giant Trooper All Road Series on CrMo 4130 tubing.
wheel base is 40cx700, most parts are Shimano STX and 7spd GripShift.
- it's a 58cm c-c. My racing bikes are 60cm. Is it too small?
- what category is it? touring? hybrid? mtb? urban?
- anyone recognizes the rear rack? Bor Yueh?
- I can't find any decent info on this model. No Bikepedia entry. Strange!
- what bar should i use? butterfly? flatbar? dropbar? this one?
- upgrade from extec (?) cantilevers to v-brakes (with new levers) any use?
- should i use another base frame? see my site (link above) for spare frames.
thx for the tips!