I figured BF might enjoy this for entertainment if nothing else, so I figured I'd show some pictures from this year's winterizing of my commuter bike. Some people find this sort of thing ridiculous and that's really OK - it worked well for me last winter and I'm hoping a re-design will line out a few issues.
First step is the tailbox, which I assembled this weekend:
I'm not satisfied with the access cover in front, which is vinyl velcro'd down - I'll probably make a neater hard plastic cover,
Eventually there will be an acrylic windshield in front, extending back as a partially enclosing fairing. The tailbox serves as a stable mounting point for the fairing. And holds all my cargo of course.