Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-12, 12:49 PM   #1
bored117 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Riverside, CA
Bikes: Helium SL DA DI2, Defy Advanced 0 Di2, 6KU Fixie
Posts: 1,043
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anohter Video Recorder option? Havoc Sports HD

Happen to come across online on this... http://www.havocsport.com/products/havoc-720/
While not as high resolution as GoPro HD or Contour... it definitely looks smaller and more discreet.
Has anyone used one? How was it?

bored117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-12, 01:01 PM   #2
bike_boy
Lula Mae = 15 lbs.
 
bike_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: I keep hitting <Escape>, but I'm still here!
Bikes: 2011 Trek Madone 6.5 w/SRAM Red
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You should also look at/compare to Replay XD and XD1080 models. I believe XD was 720P and priced equivalent to
Havoc Sports 720HD model.

Replay XD1080 is 1080P and MSRP $299.95

http://replayxd.com/cameras/replay-xd1080-camera/
bike_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-12, 09:34 AM   #3
Wheelsoff
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Battle Ground, WA
Bikes: Giant TCX
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I own two of them - well, actually, I bought one for myself, then had to buy one for my 13 year old so I could use my own (Bought two for price of a GoPro). Best thing: Small and you actually do forget it is there (for once, advertising is correct). I don't bump into overhead stuff and don't look like some kind of alien with a large antenna sprouting from the top of my head. The video is good; don't notice a lot of difference between it and GoPro. Comes with a lot of accessories, second bonus. Very sturdy - we have abused the first one mightily. I really like it. Works great for me and mine. I also like that it's kinda "underground" and not backed by Disney.
Wheelsoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-12, 05:38 PM   #4
EmeralDQueen
Senior Member
 
EmeralDQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Bikes: Iron Man
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelsoff View Post
I don't bump into overhead stuff and don't look like some kind of alien with a large antenna sprouting from the top of my head.
LOL hahahaha...

I was looking into getting a GoPro but with your opinion about it I don't know if I would like to look like an alien. This camera that Bored117 is suggesting looks very interesting.
EmeralDQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-12, 06:28 PM   #5
ItsJustMe
Seņior Member
 
ItsJustMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)
Posts: 13,359
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Honestly, even 1080p video is barely sufficient. Today I heard that GoPro has the GoPro 3 coming out now, and it shoots 2k and 4k video, and I'm kind of thinking about it for front-facing - to read plate numbers.
__________________
Work: the 8 hours that separates bike rides.
ItsJustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 02:28 PM   #6
chefisaac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cherry hill, nj
Bikes:
Posts: 6,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
maybe this one: http://www.chinavasion.com/china/who...deo_Camera#rev
chefisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 02:28 PM   #7
chefisaac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cherry hill, nj
Bikes:
Posts: 6,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelsoff View Post
I own two of them - well, actually, I bought one for myself, then had to buy one for my 13 year old so I could use my own (Bought two for price of a GoPro). Best thing: Small and you actually do forget it is there (for once, advertising is correct). I don't bump into overhead stuff and don't look like some kind of alien with a large antenna sprouting from the top of my head. The video is good; don't notice a lot of difference between it and GoPro. Comes with a lot of accessories, second bonus. Very sturdy - we have abused the first one mightily. I really like it. Works great for me and mine. I also like that it's kinda "underground" and not backed by Disney.
Can you post a link to some videos you have shot?
chefisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 04:12 PM   #8
ItsJustMe
Seņior Member
 
ItsJustMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)
Posts: 13,359
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
I think that's the Extremecam that I just sold, with a slightly altered case. It's a good camera, nice output, but man, it's heavy and rather large for a bicycle helmet.
__________________
Work: the 8 hours that separates bike rides.
ItsJustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 04:24 PM   #9
chefisaac
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: cherry hill, nj
Bikes:
Posts: 6,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe View Post
I think that's the Extremecam that I just sold, with a slightly altered case. It's a good camera, nice output, but man, it's heavy and rather large for a bicycle helmet.
Which one you got now? I would use it for the rear cam that would sit on my rack.
chefisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 08:49 AM   #10
ItsJustMe
Seņior Member
 
ItsJustMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Michigan
Bikes: Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)
Posts: 13,359
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefisaac View Post
Which one you got now? I would use it for the rear cam that would sit on my rack.
I picked up a Sony ActionCam HDR-AS15. The 15 has the wifi. I don't think I'll bother with my next one, just get the AS10 for $198.

I'm using it in the waterproof case, partly because there's no good way to mount it on its own. I use a helmet mount that I designed and printed myself, seen here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31958
__________________
Work: the 8 hours that separates bike rides.
ItsJustMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:11 AM.