Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My Bikes
    4
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    SPD SL and SPD hybrid pedals?

    I have a pair of SPD SL cleats and pedals. I want to switch pedals to the small SPD clipless for commuting. Is there a pedal that accepts both SL and regular SPD?

  2. #2
    LET'S ROLL 1nterceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WEST NEW YORK, USA
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott CR1 Pro carbon, 2013 Brompton S6L-X titanium, 2013 Citizen Tokyo steel
    Posts
    2,956
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused, do you mean shoes?
    SIDI road shoes can take both 3 bolt
    and 2 bolt cleats.


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    See sig.
    Posts
    1,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UMassAm View Post
    Is there a pedal that accepts both SL and regular SPD?
    Nope! Not that I've ever seen anyway. Sorry!

  4. #4
    Senior Member CACycling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Oxnard, CA
    My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Posts
    4,388
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schwinn made a pedal that was SPD on one side, LOOK on the other and had a snap-in toe clip. Made for spin bikes but would give a lot of options if used on a utility bike.
    http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-95150-.../dp/B000F5M580

  5. #5
    Senior Member tjspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,517
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UMassAm View Post
    I have a pair of SPD SL cleats and pedals. I want to switch pedals to the small SPD clipless for commuting. Is there a pedal that accepts both SL and regular SPD?
    You mean you want SPD for commuting and SPD-SL for other types of riding? I totally understand but I don't think there's a product that will let you do that.

    I prefer the SPDs for commuting too but my feet get numb on long, hard rides and the larger size of the SPD-SL helps a lot. The solution is two bikes or to switch pedals. I commute on my SPD-SLs during the portion of the year that I'm doing a lot of recreational riding. I use Lake CX-125s which are pretty walkable for a road shoe but they're no longer made.
    If you're not riding with a psychedelic gecko on your shirt, you ARE having a substandard experience.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    See sig.
    Posts
    1,643
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CACycling View Post
    Schwinn made a pedal that was SPD on one side, LOOK on the other and had a snap-in toe clip. Made for spin bikes but would give a lot of options if used on a utility bike.
    http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-95150-.../dp/B000F5M580
    Holy ****.

    So I was wrong. Learn something new every day...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •