The point of the Bicycle photo tag is to reproduce a similar photo of an object or place that can be found in many different locations around the world. Much like a scavenger hunt, examples include specific street signs, a railway crossing with train, yourself at waterfall.... Get creative.
I chose the commuting forum as it seems this is where people will be on thier bikes the most and the game can move quickly with a lot of people playing.
Here is the motorcycle version of the game, it will give you some example of how it's played.
Rules are easy...
1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus.
* Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the continent.
3. Tag must be: a) Common amongst North America & b) not placed on a trail or seasonal road. Dirt is ok, but remember some of us are on street bikes.
* Offroad is OK, but make sure to let folks know that gravel is required to get to your tag. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty.
4. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
5. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
6. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
8. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
9. The Bicycle in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power. No pics of a bike on your roof rack.
10. The new tag must be posted no later than six hours of the posting of your grab, or you will forfeit your tag to the previous tagger. Let's keep the game moving.
11. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.
Remember, the point of this is not to win the game, or get a better picture than the guy who just to the tag before you, the point is the ride. On that note, if someone tags a post office. Rather than get out and ride a block to my local post office, I might ride an hour or so, out to the historic post office a few towns over.... Make it interesting.
I will make the first one easy, and sort of lame, but its one of the latest pics I have. I have a really cool one, of course, but its a file photo...
For now, though: Your bike by a large body of water..it's an easy one to get the game going.