Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Axrak, the best solution for transporting a guitar...?

    Hello.

    Has anyone used one of these?
    http://www.axrak.com/

    Please share your experience with it.

    It appears to be the best solution in transporting the guitar. What do you think? How do you transport yours with your bike?

  2. #2
    Senior Member groovestew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    My Bikes
    2012 Surly Disc Trucker custom build, 2009 Kona Jake the Snake, 198? Bianchi road bike, 2012 Scott OTG-20
    Posts
    1,313
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I transport my bass in a soft-shell case with backpack straps. Way easier than that Axrak looks.

  3. #3
    apocryphal sobriquet J.C. Koto's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Star City, NE
    My Bikes
    2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how the inventor found a solution to a problem and took the time to implement it, however I don't think it's a good design or implementation. It's inherently way too unstable. IMO a much better solution is some sort of trailer that keeps the case lower such as the Burley Travoy or something similar.

  4. #4
    Senior Member agmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, New Albion Privateer singlespeed, Panasonic Sport 500 franken-3-speed
    Posts
    560
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.C. Koto View Post
    I like how the inventor found a solution to a problem and took the time to implement it, however I don't think it's a good design or implementation. It's inherently way too unstable. IMO a much better solution is some sort of trailer that keeps the case lower such as the Burley Travoy or something similar.
    Agreed. I refuse to carry a guitar on a bike for a variety of reasons...including the time that I saw a cyclist riding with a guitar strapped to his back forget how much taller it made him, when he hooked the neck on a low tree branch. Other than that, I feel that it would throw off my balance...and given that, I would worry about damaging the guitar if I were to crash.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest finding a used child cart or similar at good will etc, too much bulk on the back and that willie nelson rack looks like it would throw off your balance.
    I am a professional bassist and I just have the drummer pick me up.

  6. #6
    coprolite fietsbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NW,Oregon Coast
    My Bikes
    7
    Posts
    8,601
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears to be the best solution in transporting the guitar. What do you think? How do you transport yours with your bike?
    Best is Debatable.. other Better i'd say ..

    the Burly Travoy Trailer?

    Or a Big Dummy Or Xtracycle or Trek Transport , Or similar Cargo Long Tail
    has lots of room for a Guitar In It's Case on One side ..

    Met someone touring the Coast on Her Bike , Singing and selling her self produced CD as she Went.

    She had added an Xtracycle kit, to stretch the rear load capacity of her bike..
    Rainsong CF Guitar in a EPS foam Light Hard, case seemed the best choice


    Me I'm a Mandolin Player , More than A Guitar Player ,, my Burly CoOp made Flat Bed, Trailer,
    has enough space for my FG Case and the Amp, in it's padded travel Bag.
    Last edited by fietsbob; 06-03-13 at 09:57 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
    Me I'm a Mandolin Player , More than A Guitar Player ,, my Burly CoOp made Flat Bed, Trailer,
    has enough space for my FG Case and the Amp, in it's padded travel Bag.
    I would love to see your setup. Any picture?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xuwol7 View Post
    ...and that willie nelson rack looks like it would throw off your balance.
    Willie Nelson rack?


    Quote Originally Posted by xuwol7 View Post
    ...
    I am a professional bassist and I just have the drummer pick me up.
    Hmm, I shall try that method.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agmetal View Post
    ... I saw a cyclist riding with a guitar strapped to his back forget how much taller it made him, when he hooked the neck on a low tree branch.
    Man, that is scary.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burley Travoy does look awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •