Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Commuting (http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/)
-   -   Hot or Not (http://www.bikeforums.net/commuting/905866-hot-not.html)

Medic Zero 08-08-13 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 15939625)
No wonder it's hot. I don't think I've seen a Sixty Fiver bike I didn't like.

+1 !

Medic Zero 08-08-13 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 15939868)


Hot-ish! Good job finding one of the ubiquitous Long Haul Truckers in a decent color instead of a shade of puce or baby crap. Continuing the fender line advice, a cork (cut down to roughly half its length) and drilled through the center for the bolt makes a good spacer for the rear fender where it meets the chainstays. I suspect this puts some stress on the fender though, making it more likely to crack.

Medic Zero 08-08-13 03:02 PM

.


Okay, getting this back on track with a picture in the spirit of the thread!


http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4145/r5gi.jpg


I'll save the excuses and explanation until I take some good-natured lumps!

bigbenaugust 08-08-13 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germany_chris (Post 15940136)
limp rucksack

:roflmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic Zero (Post 15940320)
Okay, getting this back on track with a picture in the spirit of the thread!
http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4145/r5gi.jpg
I'll save the excuses and explanation until I take some good-natured lumps!

That's extremely upright.

Also, that LHT is hot.

tjspiel 08-08-13 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic Zero (Post 15940320)
.


Okay, getting this back on track with a picture in the spirit of the thread!


http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4145/r5gi.jpg


That saddle might be hot if it were on another bike. As for the bike itself, umm... I'm sure that the good folks who sell cable housing like it.

Andy_K 08-08-13 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjspiel (Post 15940173)
Sorry the wheel is integral to the look. If you've ever seen the movie The "Big Lebowski", I believe the expression: "it ties the room together" is appropriate in this case. Besides it's the only fixed gear wheel I have and it was free.

I don't know. I was thinking maybe you could take a picture with a green background so the wheel might blend in the way your seat tube blends in with the conduit in this picture.

A matching green front wheel might make it a little less jarring, but you'd only be able to ride it around Christmas time.

Andy_K 08-08-13 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic Zero (Post 15940293)
Hot-ish! Good job finding one of the ubiquitous Long Haul Truckers in a decent color instead of a shade of puce or baby crap. Continuing the fender line advice, a cork (cut down to roughly half its length) and drilled through the center for the bolt makes a good spacer for the rear fender where it meets the chainstays. I suspect this puts some stress on the fender though, making it more likely to crack.

I'd get rid of the fenders completely (for purely aesthetic reasons), but I suspect that on an LHT that would be a source of deductions.

I can't believe nobody has complained about my faux-leather saddle yet.

Andy_K 08-08-13 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic Zero (Post 15940320)
Okay, getting this back on track with a picture in the spirit of the thread!

Is that a clown bike?

It looks like an ugly cousin of Sixty Fiver's Kuwahara.

groovestew 08-08-13 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medic Zero (Post 15940320)
.


Okay, getting this back on track with a picture in the spirit of the thread!


http://imageshack.us/a/img24/4145/r5gi.jpg


I'll save the excuses and explanation until I take some good-natured lumps!

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

treadtread 08-08-13 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 15940445)
I'd get rid of the fenders completely (for purely aesthetic reasons), but I suspect that on an LHT that would be a source of deductions.

I can't believe nobody has complained about my faux-leather saddle yet.

And the angle of the crank arms :P

tjspiel 08-08-13 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 15940456)
Is that a clown bike?

It looks like an ugly cousin of Sixty Fiver'sKuwahara.

:lol:

tjspiel 08-08-13 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 15940427)
A matching green front wheel might make it a little less jarring, but you'd only be able to ride it around Christmas time.

All I want for Christmas is a green front wheel... a green front wheel... a green front wheel.

tigerteeuwen 08-08-13 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by groovestew (Post 15938889)
Here's one from the archives...this bike is no longer among the living. Do your worst, people.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-9...o/raleigh3.jpg

this bike is perfect, i am looking for something like this to make into a winter commuter i think i will definitely need to do a drop bar conversion on whatever older mountain bike i pick up, did you commute on this?

Erwin8r 08-08-13 05:33 PM

My latest commuter:


http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps6b0baf51.jpg

IAMAMRA 08-08-13 06:43 PM

Here is my bike...the panniers are actually a set of horse saddle bags, tied on with bailing twine and leather.https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...39742204_n.jpg

megalowmatt 08-08-13 07:06 PM

That warmed it up a bit but the rear wheel and saddle have to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjspiel (Post 15940085)
We're going to put that theory to the test. Original bike. New staging. What say you?

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...psac337fe3.jpg


megalowmatt 08-08-13 07:07 PM

I'd say the Element is a hot but doesn't look anything like a commuter.

megalowmatt 08-08-13 07:16 PM

This is a hot for me. Pure utilitarian bliss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbenaugust (Post 15938243)


bigbenaugust 08-08-13 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin8r (Post 15940828)

For commuting? Please. Not. Where are the rack, the lights (other than that teeny taillight), the bell? Take that back to Road Cycling. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAMAMRA (Post 15941008)
Here is my bike...the panniers are actually a set of horse saddle bags, tied on with bailing twine and leather.https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...39742204_n.jpg

Hot.

bigbenaugust 08-08-13 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megalowmatt (Post 15941147)
This is a hot for me. Pure utilitarian bliss.

When I got it, I thought the color was cool, but a year and change later I think it's a little ostentatious. I wish I'd gotten the white or the black. But the orange does have certain safety benefits. :)

treadtread 08-08-13 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbenaugust (Post 15938243)

That looks familiar! Hot - almost. The single fender really gets me though :)

the sci guy 08-08-13 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbenaugust (Post 15938243)

hot. love the bike and color. the panniers looks perfect on the back. ortliebs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 15939868)

so close to hot. i hate fenders on any bike. also not a fan of the color of the seat and grips, but that's just personal taste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erwin8r (Post 15940828)

commuter, you say?

megalowmatt 08-08-13 09:36 PM

There's something about the LHT that I keep coming back to but it's a not for me. Love the color combination but the 26" wheels and risers just aren't my thing.

bigbenaugust 08-09-13 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treadtread (Post 15941578)
That looks familiar! Hot - almost. The single fender really gets me though :)

The rack does 97% of the work and 2% more is done by a piece of space-age plastic bolted to the back of the rack. The other 1%... well... I am going to get wet anyway. :)

I had to toss the unused rear fenders in the move. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sci guy (Post 15941593)
hot. love the bike and color. the panniers looks perfect on the back. ortliebs?

Seattle sports. I only have one now, the other one got all holey, so I stole the hardware. So I have a mismatched set of blue/black (one REI, one Seattle Sports), one black Cannondale, and the kitty litter bucket in my arsenal.

acidfast7 08-09-13 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is what I ride most days, and what will be coming to England, but i'm picking up a heavily used bike tomorrow to keep in CPH on the street outside my flat ... the previously shown bikes will stay at the lake house in Hungary

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=333683


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:56 PM.