So I recently completely gutted my garage and undertook to repair all of the drywall, paint it and get rid of the clutter (not to mention the 4 million nails the previous owners pounded into every square inch of the garage). With the previous chaos, bikes were just stacked wherever there was room. My wife parks the minivan in the garage, so there isn't a ton of space left over. I'm trying to determine the most compact and user-friendly storage option for 4-5 bikes. After hours of research (read: obsessing), I have come up with the following options:
1. Build my own version of the Velo-grip system (saw this on an archived bikeforums post)
2. Hang them from the ceiling (ceilings are only 8-9 feet, so this option may not save much space and would probably collide with my head, but its an option)
3. Hand them on the wall with the wheels facing the wall, using hooks
4. Hang parallel to the wall, two deep like this:
5. Build a shed outside that is just for bikes
Which have you or would you do?