I know you must get a lot of these threads--I've searched, but I still have yet to find the PERFECT BAG. I'm obsessed with this stuff, sadly.
I'm looking for a bag that is:
- Mid-size (22-25 L, good for a change of clothes, water bottle, extra pair of shoes, u-lock, lunch, and a few misc. items)
- Has good organization (i.e., a few small pockets)
- Reasonably weatherproof. Ideally waterproof
- Around $150? Willing to compromise, I guess.
- A plus would be: separation from back/good airflow to help prevent shweat
- Another plus: some reflective stuff
- Another plus: expansion to accommodate groceries, like roll-top
Been looking at the Banjo Brothers Commuter, Osprey/Deuter packs (mainly Radial and Futura 22, respectively), Tom Bihn Synapse 25, and the Mission Workshop Rambler. None of them have all the features I want...grr...but I'll have to settle for one. Any opinions on those bags? Especially the Osprey and Deuter packs, there's so many of them.
If there are any good roll-tops that can carry groceries cheaper than the Rambler, I'd love to hear about them.
Thanks for humoring me.